GUILTY CA - Terry Smith, 11, autistic, Menifee, 6 July 2013

Social Networks

Regarding Facebook, MySpace, Twitter, Instagram, and other social networking or blog websites: Links may be used to direct posters to view something on a social networking page. But postings on social networking sites are not considered fact; they are rumor. Copying and pasting, or taking screen caps, directly from these pages is not allowed. Paraphrasing is okay. (Exception: If the Twitter or Facebook post belongs to a verified news station, it may be copied. But a link should still be provided.)

Also, social networking pages may only be linked if they are directly related to a case, i.e. the victim or suspect. We don't want to post to someone's mother, brother, employer, milkman, or postal carrier just because they know the main player. We also NEVER link to minor's pages (unless they are the victim). And be sure that the page actually belongs to the person being discussed. Do not link to someone if you are not 100% sure it is the correct person. And if a social networking is set to private and you get in the back way, you may not post what you find. Private means private!

Rules Etiquette & Information - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

The only social media page anyone should be linking to right now is the official Find Terry Smith page (still considered RUMOR, though) - https://www.facebook.com/FindTerrySmith

Or any MSM news pages.

Social Networks

Regarding Facebook, MySpace, Twitter, Instagram, and other social networking or blog websites: Links may be used to direct posters to view something on a social networking page. But postings on social networking sites are not considered fact; they are rumor. Copying and pasting, or taking screen caps, directly from these pages is not allowed. Paraphrasing is okay. (Exception: If the Twitter or Facebook post belongs to a verified news station, it may be copied. But a link should still be provided.)

Also, social networking pages may only be linked if they are directly related to a case, i.e. the victim or suspect. We don't want to post to someone's mother, brother, employer, milkman, or postal carrier just because they know the main player. We also NEVER link to minor's pages (unless they are the victim). And be sure that the page actually belongs to the person being discussed. Do not link to someone if you are not 100% sure it is the correct person. And if a social networking is set to private and you get in the back way, you may not post what you find. Private means private!

Rules Etiquette & Information - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

The only social media page anyone should be linking to right now is the official Find Terry Smith page (still considered RUMOR, though) - https://www.facebook.com/FindTerrySmith

Or any MSM news pages.

Thanks for clearing that up. I am still kind of a newbie here.

I did not think he wandered off. I live less than 10 miles from Menifee so I know the area pretty well. There is a lot of rural areas, but it is pretty easy to find your way. There are several cities close by and a lot of track houses. If he wandered away it would be really hard for someone not to see him. I was just watching the KTLA news and the lady who worked at the store close to his home said he would walk to the store everyday to buy something, though she did not say when was the last time she saw him. So if he was able to walk to the store alone that would not indicate a child with autism. News confirming remains, but are trying to determine if they are human. Just how decomposed are these remains? Makes me think he has been missing longer than reported, JMO.

The store was pretty much right behind his house. I don't see that walking to the store, especially a little family market type store in his back yard would be that big of a deal. JMOO

FB suggests there will be a news conference at 2pm PST. Would that be 5pm eastern, or 6? I'm so bad with times... if it's 5, then that's in a few minutes. Either way, does anyone have a link to a live feed? Thanks!

Thanks, SpriteGal! So, news conference like, NOW. anyone got a link?

Yes, they changed it. It's at 4pm PST, 5pm MST, 6pm CST and 7pm EST.

Images from Sky2 showed investigators removing a body from a shallow grave approximately
75 feet from the family’s home
in the 33000 block of Helen Lane just before noon.

The unidentified person appeared to be a male wearing blue shorts, which Smith was last seen wearing.

http://losangeles.cbslocal.com/2013...h-autism-enters-4th-day/#.Ud3G88Fg0dI.twitter

Shallow grave ??? Well this is not an accident! I'm not sure why that just struck me. I was thinking of the weather and being lost and animals, but that's pretty close to home, so scratch LOST and no one digs a shallow grave except humans :(

http://www.myfoxla.com/story/22782879/deputies-continue-search-for-missing-autistic-boy

No!

"From Hal Eisner:

This turned into a very uncomfortable day for the people of Menefee. In the middle of the night police yellow-taped Helen Lane so no one could get through. "Why the yellow tape?" I asked a detective."It's a crime scene," he said. The next thing I know we are told investigators are looking for human remains on a property. Volunteers got the word too. Fewer than expected showed up to hand out fliers and look for 11 year old Terry Smith. The youngster with autism the subject of two intense searches. One by law enforcement. The other by hundreds of people who live in the area.

But, now, the harsh reality that this story may have a sad ending. So much is speculative at this point. We'll know more when law enforcement holds a news conference in the 2pm hour, but one thing is clear Bill Gillette, Sarah Reid and all of those who threw their hearts into searching for Terry also known as "Juju." Now, their hearts pound waiting for the next word from law enforcement"

The time may have been moved from 2 to 5 bc FBI needs time to respectfully inform family/investigate the scene and properly handle remains/ investigation/evidence IMHO. They need more time to process the scene before informing the public. IMO

CBS Local 2 ‏@LocalTwo 49s

#Breaking Sheriff Department calls 4:00 News Conf, to update case of missing autism boy in Menifee and search of property today.

http://www.chron.com/news/us/article/Human-remains-sought-at-home-of-missing-boy-4656339.php

MENIFEE, Calif. (AP) — Authorities say they've found possible human remains Wednesday at the Southern California desert home of an 11-year-old autistic boy who vanished over the weekend.

Investigators served a search warrant before dawn at the home of Terry Dewayne Smith Jr., Riverside County sheriff's Deputy Albert Martinez said.

They dug up "possible human remains" but had not confirmed whether they were human. He had no details on the condition of the remains.

Okay so the last independent sighting of Terry I have seen reported, was Wednesday at church.

Anyone else seen anything after that??

the part i find strange is - if you are going to be dishonest about his death-why would you be honest about what he was wearing ----blue shorts

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
eagerhuntress
Back