George Zimmerman /Trayvon Martin General Discussion #12 Wed July 10

Status
Not open for further replies.
Its really hard to guess correctly, out here we know so much more than the jury does. I hope they have enough information to come to a sensible verdict. IMO

When this incident occurred, and shortly after all the politicians and media freaks started screaming, I made the choice to avoid any and all media reports, and even WS until this came to trial. I don't have anymore information than the jury has. I am typically pro prosecution. However, in this case I have found myself on the other side of the fence in that I can not, based on testimony, reach the conclusion that the State proved Murder 2, in fact I don't even believe they proved spite, malice, ill will or any other component of Murder 2 - not a single element. Manslaughter - I don't see any real evidence of that either.

From what I have heard in testimony my only conclusion is that this entire incident was one of those instances where everything that could have gone wrong, did go wrong. There are IMO four victims here - TM, GZ, every single person who is accused and the media relays falsehoods about the incident and person, and the justice system itself. No matter the jury decision - this case is a travesty of justice.

The guy in grey suit we were talking about just followed family out the door.

BUT why did Trayvon's whole family (and personal lawyers?) just leave court room??
I'd guess because they aren't interested in the jury instructions.

The guy in grey suit we were talking about just followed family out the door.

BUT why did Trayvon's whole family (and personal lawyers?) just leave court room??

Are they going to do a press conference?

So the home invasion culprits were running lose on the night TM was shot?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Did they get that in? Because that would make a difference to me about anyone who was suspicious in the neighborhood.

Wait, did she just confirm that GZ will not testify? Good!

Ohhh State wants lesser charges in but Defense objected!

That's interesting, because the defense asked for a finding of manslaughter if Nelson couldn't completely dismiss the case after the prosecution rested.

On the other hand, if I were the defense, I wouldn't want Manslaughter in there either.

I think there's zero chance he'll be convicted of murder, but there is a chance a jury would go for manslaughter.

IMHO

I believe so. One of them was never caught, according to the witness testimony.

It's interesting to me how "very, very, very concerned" JN is about alleged violations of rule of sequestration by defense, but didn't seemed concerned at all about proven discovery violation by the state (re TM's deleted cell phone data).
BUT, Defense said late last night that even the FBI tried for nearly a year to break open those hidden files. I seriously doubt that the State Attorney's office knew about those multiple password protected and hidden files.

JMO

When this incident occurred, and shortly after all the politicians and media freaks started screaming, I made the choice to avoid any and all media reports, and even WS until this came to trial. I don't have anymore information than the jury has. I am typically pro prosecution. However, in this case I have found myself on the other side of the fence in that I can not, based on testimony, reach the conclusion that the State proved Murder 2, in fact I don't even believe they proved spite, malice, ill will or any other component of Murder 2 - not a single element. Manslaughter - I don't see any real evidence of that either.

From what I have heard in testimony my only conclusion is that this entire incident was one of those instances where everything that could have gone wrong, did go wrong. There are IMO four victims here - TM, GZ, every single person who is accused and the media relays falsehoods about the incident and person, and the justice system itself. No matter the jury decision - this case is a travesty of justice.

Fresh air... :)
ME too. The beginning had me completely wanting to throw GZ in jail for life. I was infuriated over this.. Based on media.

I decided not to watch anything after that and left it til now. I came in thinking he was most likely guilty.
The STATE changed my mind. For me at this point. I would vote NOT Guilty M2 and Not Guilty MS.

Seems one was caught, released for being underage...then jailed again...but only one?? Right?

I believe he was caught that Feb 5th. We just don't know if the word he'd been re-caught got around the neighborhood or if it's logical that because of break-ins and thefts, everyone was still on edge.

Well stated!!!

Boy, the judge sure seems to have had her attitude adjustment!

Whatever happened to the state's rebuttal witnesses?

didn't they also say the one caught was released Feb 6, 2012 before this happened? imo

Yes, that was what the woman testified. I think she was a very powerful witness for the defense. Every young mother's nightmare is being home with a small child and hearing two men breaking into your back door. JMO

WHOA....what just happened...Law Man, security...followed Trayvon's family out the door!!

Contrary to what seems to be popular belief, the Victim's parents are under threats from those who think GZ shouldn't be on trial..and they are more than adamant about it...they need protection..look what heppened to their son. IMO

The Judge, as always, is calm and bussiness like. West rebuked, is a slight bit calmer...but I notice O' Mara is doing all the talking....wants no more fireworks.

IMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member