GUILTY CA - Terry Smith, 11, autistic, Menifee, 6 July 2013

I recommend the Huff Post article, it's simple and to the point. I find it very odd that the mother didn't realize he was gone till the next day. I'm assuming she went out - came home and went to bed?

Right. I'm not stuck on her story.
jmo
jms

Okay what the heck? I just read that Terry being autistic is a "lie". Did I miss something?

I think his teacher and his father both stated he was not autustic.
did the mother think he was, albeit undiagnosed?
Why would she say that?

I think his teacher and his father both stated he was not autustic.
did the mother think he was, albeit undiagnosed?
Why would she say that?

I have NO idea. I'm trying to play catch up with the video media and the SB's friend who spoke in one video stated he might be aggressive without his meds and misc other things. I'm curious if she was simply repeating what she was told?

Im going to believe the teacher, who would totally be aware if he was autistic. Granted the mother could have withheld that from the school, but I sincerely doubt it. If he was as severely autistic as stated by mother, SB and others non-related - the teacher would have noticed based on his interactions with fellow peers.

I have NO idea. I'm trying to play catch up with the video media and the SB's friend who spoke in one video stated he might be aggressive without his meds and misc other things. I'm curious if she was simply repeating what she was told?

Im going to believe the teacher, who would totally be aware if he was autistic. Granted the mother could have withheld that from the school, but I sincerely doubt it. If he was as severely autistic as stated by mother, SB and others non-related - the teacher would have noticed based on his interactions with fellow peers.

Thank you.
im so frustrated here!
At this point I do not believe Juju was autistic!
I have read he had adhd. I think some conditions can seem related to autism. (I have several family members with adhd)
I wonder if autism is considered a disability...
jms

Thank you.
im so frustrated here!
At this point I do not believe Juju was autistic!
I have read he had adhd. I think some conditions can seem rekated to autism. (I have several family members with adhd)
I wonder if autism is considered a disability...
jms

I believe it is considered a disability, but I'm not 100% sure. Maybe it depends on the level in the spectrum?
All of the photos of Terry do not appear to show a child with autism; what I mean by that is his engaged smile and eye contact with the camera. Often times children with severe autism (as it was reported regarding Terry)- will not engage in either. They were making it sound pretty bad. "doesn't respond to his name" "is aggressive" "too nervous around strangers". Apparently he was NONE of these.

I don't post often but this case had my attention as my son is on the spectrum.
Kkdj, yes autism is considered a disability. My son is high functioning but they still consider it a disability for him.

RIP Terry. LE is doing everything they can to bring you justice. Fly high sweetie!

I don't believe he was severely autistic either as the school would notice. He may have been higher functioning which they may mistake as ADHD. And if high functioning he most likely would smile etc

This is so sad :(
Imagine how much a young boy looks up to an older ' family member' .
He probably thought it was so cool to be left home with him and not
a babysitter. He probably thought they would hang out and get to do
big kid stuff instead of little kid stuff. He probably got to use swear words
when he hung out with his older ' family member'. I just hope it was a
wonderful evening for Terry's last. I know it ended horribly but I just am
hoping he had big fun until that last little minute. Rest in peace sweet kid !
You're a big boy now :)

This is so sad :(
Imagine how much a young boy looks up to an older ' family member' .
He probably thought it was so cool to be left home with him and not
a babysitter. He probably thought they would hang out and get to do
big kid stuff instead of little kid stuff. He probably got to use swear words
when he hung out with his older ' family member'. I just hope it was a
wonderful evening for Terry's last. I know it ended horribly but I just am
hoping he had big fun until that last little minute. Rest in peace sweet kid !
You're a big boy now :)

You got me thinking. We don't even know when it was that Terry was killed. I guess it will come out in the autopsy.

Everyone, please be very careful with you're questioning of the family. Terry's mother and the rest of his family (aside from the 16-year-old) are still considered VICTIMS at this point.

Victim Friendly

Websleuths is a victim friendly forum. Attacking or bashing a victim is not allowed. Discussing victim behavior, good or bad is fine, but do so in a civil and constructive way and ONLY IF IT IS RELEVANT TO THE CASE. Additionally, sleuthing family members that are not suspect is not allowed. Don't make random accusations or post personal information (even if it is public) like parking tickets, address, or first and last names of all their relatives and their neighbors. Also, never "bash" or attack them, or accuse them of involvement.
However that does not mean that family members cannot come into discussion as the facts and issues of the case are discussed.

Rules Etiquette & Information - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

Astro... can you find when he came to live with mom? Dad made it sound like just this year>

Wow!
To me, and moo, momma knows .....everything about what happened.

I agree with this.....but I wonder if it was after the fact. Like trying to save the son that was left because she knew it was too late for Terry?

I wanna see how this plays out.

You got me thinking. We don't even know when it was that Terry was killed. I guess it will come out in the autopsy.

Well I choose to believe it was after some fun guy stuff, talking about girls and farting and what not........ I can't stand to think of it any other way and when cod and things like that come out, if it alters my imagination, I'll leave the thread. I'm just in denial that way .

Teen Relative Arrested for Murder of Missing 11-Year-Old Menifee Boy

An unidentified 16-year-old family member has been arrested for murder in the death of Menifee boy Terry Smith, city Police Chief John Hill said Wednesday afternoon.

In the fourth day of a search for the 11-year-old that brought out hundreds of volunteers, Hill said partially exposed human remains had been found in a shallow grave of the backyard of the Smith home.

The remains are believed to be those of the boy, Hill said.

The occupants of the Smith home had been interviewed by investigators at the police station after investigators responded early Wednesday morning to a report of remains found, Hill said.

"As a result of those interviews, a 16-year-old family member was arrested," Hill said.
http://www.nbclosangeles.com/news/local/Menifee-Missing-Boy-Search-Riverside-County-214900371.html

Well I choose to believe it was after some fun guy stuff, talking about girls and farting and what not........ I can't stand to think of it any other way and when cod and things like that come out, if it alters my imagination, I'll leave the thread. I'm just in denial that way .

I'm with you SCHMAE. And then, after all the farting and joking around, there was a innocent accident and panic, which led to bad decisions.

At least for tonight :(

I don't post often but this case had my attention as my son is on the spectrum.
Kkdj, yes autism is considered a disability. My son is high functioning but they still consider it a disability for him.

Ahh. Our children are so precious! Like I mentioned, I have several family members with adhd.
I was wondering if his mother was collecting state aid for his disability. (Autism) according to his mother...

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288
Back