MN - Jacob Wetterling, 11, St. Joseph, 22 Oct 1989 - #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
ELOC . Did you find any info on DR sticking his head out the window and saying he was too tired and going back to bed?

Did you find any articles on the turkey farm in Paynesville and the laborer that was molesting a ton of boys?

ELOC . Did you find any info on DR sticking his head out the window and saying he was too tired and going back to bed?

Did you find any articles on the turkey farm in Paynesville and the laborer that was molesting a ton of boys?

No I haven't....yet. Do you know approx date of the Paynesville man? I read every paper from October 22 thru Dec 31, 1989. I could have missed the info on the Paynesville man, but I did find other interesting articles - sure was a lot of attempted abductions and other crimes going on in the St Cloud / Minneapolis / Western Wisconsin area in 1989!

FYI: The link for the info on PM being told to leave St. John's reunion is here:
http://www.kare11.com/news/article/1030696/14/St-Johns-Prep-School-alumnus-kicked-out-of-reunion

That bishop's accountability site (along with the behindthepinecurtain site) certainly reveal the disgusting underbelly of the pedos on supposed restriction at St. John's. Since DR teaches music at St. John's also, I wonder how much interaction he has with these other monks and priests who are evidently still teaching and giving counseling?

FYI: The link for the info on PM being told to leave St. John's reunion is here:
http://www.kare11.com/news/article/1030696/14/St-Johns-Prep-School-alumnus-kicked-out-of-reunion

That bishop's accountability site (along with the behindthepinecurtain site) certainly reveal the disgusting underbelly of the pedos on supposed restriction at St. John's. Since DR teaches music at St. John's also, I wonder how much interaction he has with these other monks and priests who are evidently still teaching and giving counseling?

Nice article, and kudos to Marker's classmate for standing up to SJU as well!

ELOC, this is the only reference I've ever seen to the Paynesville suspect. Maybe there is more out there to search though. This is from a timeline on Jacob and the date of this entry was May 1996. It says the Paynesville abductor/pedophile's home was searched 3 months after Jared's abduction (maybe he resembles that earlier suspect pic you found??) so would have had to be around April 1989. It does say while he was considered a suspect in Jared's case, he was cleared as a suspect in Jacob's case. Here is the excerpt and link:

May 16, 1996: Search warrants authorities thought were sealed are released to the public. The warrants reveal three potential suspects authorities considered early in the investigation: A then 60-year-old St. Joseph-area man who confessed to the kidnapping one month after it occurred. The man was later eliminated as a suspect and moved to a nursing home because he suffered from Alzheimer’s disease. A St. Cloud State University student who was committed to a mental institution one week after Jacob’s abduction. The man later was eliminated as a suspect and killed himself in another state. A Paynesville-area man who fit the description of a man suspected of abducting and sexually assaulting a Cold Spring boy. Authorities searched his home three months after the Cold Spring abduction. Police then said that the man wasn’t a top suspect in the St. Joseph abduction, but at least one paragraph in the search warrant was blocked out.

http://globegazette.com/article_2b0e6832-84d0-11df-85ff-001cc4c03286.html

The Paynesville man was a laborer who had molested numerous boys. He was a laborer on a turkey farm in Paynesville.

It was in all kinds of newspapers in Minnesota, so I will go one day and access the newspapers here to try and find the article.

However,for whatever reason, he was not considered a suspect .

I beieve Joy Baker's husband has or had a trukey farm in Paynesville. I wonder if it is the same one. Are there a lot of turkey farms in that area?

The Paynesville man was a laborer who had molested numerous boys. He was a laborer on a turkey farm in Paynesville.

It was in all kinds of newspapers in Minnesota, so I will go one day and access the newspapers here to try and find the article.

However,for whatever reason, he was not considered a suspect .

I beieve Joy Baker's husband has or had a trukey farm in Paynesville. I wonder if it is the same one. Are there a lot of turkey farms in that area?
bbm
I hope you can find that info about the turkey farm laborer in Paynesville who was a child-molester. Thanks for sharing that info.

Here's a molester who had a cabin at Paynesville.. This guy was a boy scout leader, a youth ministries leader, and a bus driver. He's 44 now though, so would have been only 20 in 1989.
One victim, who is now an adult, told investigators Stibal sexually assaulted him four times. He said the first incident was when he was sleeping overnight at Stibal's cabin near Paynesville, Minnesota in 2002 or 2003 when the scout was 12 or 13-years-old.

The victim said subsequent episodes took place at Stibal's home in Burnsville, a drive-in movie theater in Cottage Grove and an indoor movie theater in Eagan. The abuse stopped, according to the complaint, when the victim was 15 or 16 and told Stibal it made him uncomfortable.

The second victim told police that when he was 11, some time in 2003 or 2004, he was at an outing a Boy Scout camp in Stearns County when he woke up to find Stibal touching him sexually.

A third victim reported a series of three such incidents, once at the Paynesville cabin, and twice at a Boy Scout camp near Park Rapids in Hubbard County.

http://www.kare11.com/news/news_article.aspx?storyid=826960

Its really disturbing how many child molesters lived in the area around the time of Jacob's. I lived in St cloud for 18 years and I had no idea. I suppose it's like this in any community? What a sick world we live in!

Anyhow, the speculative posts about other possible suspects (other than DR) is fascinating. However, the more I think about it the more I'm troubled by one fact. How could anyone have predicted the 3 boys (Aaron, Trevor and Jacob) would be on that road in the dark THAT night. Based on what ive read about this case, it is apparent that the Tom thumb run was a spur of the moment thing. In fact, patty wetterling has said that it is the first time that she gave the boys permission to go there without adults at night. The road which Jacob was abducted on was a sparsely used at best. Why would a PED decide to look for victims on such a sparsley used road? Wouldn't it make more sense to look for potential victims in areas in which children are know to to be? DR placed himself at the scene of the abduction by saying that he was out jogging that night. In my opinion, he saw the kids bike by upon returning from the Tom thumb run and patiently waited for them to return. Though many PEDs lived in that area around the time of the abduction, they would have had to have had a reason to be on THAT sparsely used farm road on that particular night. Seems to me that the only person who had a reason to be on THAT road THAT night was DR.

Circumstantially DR fits the bill. However, seems plausible that other pedos could have been in the area simply by coincidence....saw the boys flashlight in the distance, ran to the side of the road to check out who they were(explaining the sound Aaron heard in the grass), then...if they were from the area and knew who the boys were, they knewthe boys would return shortly. If they had been parked nearby for whatever reason, they could access their vehicle and they could have simply passed the boys on the road to the Tom Thumb, checked them out again while the boys entered the Tom Thumb, and then- given the boys' slow speed on 2 bikes and a scooter....could have been in place in time for the abduction. So a crime of opportunity, circumstance, and quick planning.

Within days of Jacob's abduction, the FBI issued a profile of the likely abductor. LE's hope that the release of the profile would trigger memories and lead to an arrest:
* Age 25-34
* Low self-image
* White man
* May have some sort of physical deformity such as scars or acne
* Probably works in a low-skilled job that does not bring him into contact with the public
* May have had a recent stressful event in his life that precipitated the high risk approach to the crime
* Acquaintances of the abductor would probably notice heightened anxiety after the crime occurred
* The abductor probably committed a similar crime in the past

LE had identified as many as 100 suspects within days of the abduction. Many of those suspects had criminal records for sex offenses.

Source: October 26, 1989 St Cloud Times

Did anyone see Sel Tel's most recent post saying something to the effect 'broaden your visions' along w/ attached photos + drawings? I saw the text but not the attachments but now cannot find the post at all...

Circumstantially DR fits the bill. However, seems plausible that other pedos could have been in the area simply by coincidence....saw the boys flashlight in the distance, ran to the side of the road to check out who they were(explaining the sound Aaron heard in the grass), then...if they were from the area and knew who the boys were, they knewthe boys would return shortly. If they had been parked nearby for whatever reason, they could access their vehicle and they could have simply passed the boys on the road to the Tom Thumb, checked them out again while the boys entered the Tom Thumb, and then- given the boys' slow speed on 2 bikes and a scooter....could have been in place in time for the abduction. So a crime of opportunity, circumstance, and quick planning.

Other pedos being in the area, on a dead end road on a Sunday night, in the dark, seem doubtful at best - at least to me. Why would pedos be out wandering around by corn fields hoping children might pass by?

Did anyone see Sel Tel's most recent post saying something to the effect 'broaden your visions' along w/ attached photos + drawings? I saw the text but not the attachments but now cannot find the post at all...

You can check posts 933 and 1034. I'm not exactly sure if this is what you're looking for.

Other pedos being in the area, on a dead end road on a Sunday night, in the dark, seem doubtful at best - at least to me. Why would pedos be out wandering around by corn fields hoping children might pass by?

Also, if we are to believe that a pedo saw the kids biking to Tom Thumb while passing in a car. AND that the abduction was purely a crime of "opportunity, circumstance, and quick timing". Then how can you explain the fact that the perpetrator was equipped with a all black outfit, nylon to cover his face, AND a gun? Seems to me that the perpetrator would need to grab these items from a nearby location, rush back to his car, hide the the car, hide himself in a ditch, and wait for the kids to return.

Seems more logical that DR watched the kids bike by (probably while hiding in the ditch), Ran back to his house (1/4 mile down the driveway where Jacob was abducted), grabbed the items, returned to the ditch, and waited for the kids to return.

Yes...it seems a bit much thinking of other pedos in the vicinity being coincidentally ready to abduct a child as opposed to the DR scenario. Having grown up in a small town, people will stop their cars + 'visit' either on the street or in a clearing by the woods. Maybe there was 2or3 pedos doing just that nearby? Or maybe there is a party spot nearby where they were drinking. As for the black outfit I cannot explain other than it being extremely dark + color is hard to discern. The gun + nylon mask could be 'standard' items to a person predisposed to this sort of thing. In the 911 call, Trevor described the abductor as being similar in size to their neighbor Merle(5'10", 180)..stocky...how tall is DR? And being a runner he would be thin. If it was 2 or 3 people involved then they could coordinate their actions quickly if one of them decided to do 'something'

Also, if we are to believe that a pedo saw the kids biking to Tom Thumb while passing in a car. AND that the abduction was purely a crime of "opportunity, circumstance, and quick timing". Then how can you explain the fact that the perpetrator was equipped with a all black outfit, nylon to cover his face, AND a gun? Seems to me that the perpetrator would need to grab these items from a nearby location, rush back to his car, hide the the car, hide himself in a ditch, and wait for the kids to return.

Seems more logical that DR watched the kids bike by (probably while hiding in the ditch), Ran back to his house (1/4 mile down the driveway where Jacob was abducted), grabbed the items, returned to the ditch, and waited for the kids to return.

You do have a point, however, a logical idea for me is that the perp had the mask and gun in his car. Especially if he had done it before.

If we are to believe that the gun and mask were "standard items for a person predisposed to do such a thing", than why aren't there any other reported abductions, in which the perp was wearing nylon over the face and carried a gun? Seems to me that the wetterling abduction was unique because the victim was taken by force. Usually pedos try to gain the trust of selected victims before acting out.

Marlins,

just google 'masked gunman abduct child'....there's lots of cases. Seems to me if the perp intended to abduct only 1 child of the 3 then he'd have 2 witnesses to deal with, so a mask would be necessary- especially if he's local. Kind of an age old thing isn't it? to don a mask and brandish a weapon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Greer∆