Cutlery firm moving from China to Gates, creating 189 jobs

Yayy! Talk about News That Makes You Smile!

But why not move to Oregon if it's from Oregon?

Yayy! Talk about News That Makes You Smile!

But why not move to Oregon if it's from Oregon?

I'm guessing it's easier to distribute on the east coast. They probably have a west coast facility planned too. Just a guess.

http://www.democratandchronicle.com/article/20130710/BUSINESS/307100056/Trellis-Earth-Gates-jobs

Cutlery firm moving from China to Gates, creating 189 jobs
Jul. 10, 2013 5:46 PM

While it used to make sense to outsource manufacturing to China, a disposable cutlery company from Oregon now says it can make more cents — and dollars — by moving to the Rochester area....

Yeah! Hopefully at a decent wage. I stopped by Phalzgraff dinnerware when they started out sourcing it to China. The dishes my DD bought me one Christmas were no where near as good as the American made ones I'd bought years earlier.

By the way Steely Dan what the heck is that fish on your signature?

Yeah! Hopefully at a decent wage. I stopped by Phalzgraff dinnerware when they started out sourcing it to China. The dishes my DD bought me one Christmas were no where near as good as the American made ones I'd bought years earlier.

I've gotten more questions about that fish. IIRC, I cropped a picture of a giant octopus.

I don't know if it's true, and don't really understand it all, but read that something is going on financially, so goods imported from China are expected to go higher in price.

*tangent* The fish is a record-breaking rock fish caught in Alaska not too long ago. I think it weighed like 60 lbs!!

YEAH STEELY. TAKE THE ROCKFISH DOWN.

It's ugly as all heck and distracting and good God can someone just dry it and get it off of your sig? Lol

*tangent* The fish is a record-breaking rock fish caught in Alaska not too long ago. I think it weighed like 60 lbs!!

Thanks, I added a link to the story in my signature.

YEAH STEELY. TAKE THE ROCKFISH DOWN.

It's ugly as all heck and distracting and good God can someone just dry it and get it off of your sig? Lol

BBM

$500.00 to take it down.

If anyone wants to know what that fish is, click on the "Here's what that thing is." in my signature.

If anyone wants to know what that fish is, click on the "Here's what that thing is." in my signature.

From Steely Dan's signature:

The Alaska Fish and Game Mark, Age and Tag Laboratory determined that the 40-pound, 3-foot long rockfish caught by an angler from Seattle was not 200 years old, but rather 64 years old, or below retirement age.

Retire the fish to China! Put some cutlery, sharknado, flowers, rainbow, or another emu in it's place in your signature.

Hideous fish! But it's your signature and you can gross us out allllll you want. :floorlaugh:

From Steely Dan's signature:

The Alaska Fish and Game Mark, Age and Tag Laboratory determined that the 40-pound, 3-foot long rockfish caught by an angler from Seattle was not 200 years old, but rather 64 years old, or below retirement age.

Retire the fish to China! Put some cutlery, sharknado, flowers, rainbow, or another emu in it's place in your signature.

Hideous fish! But it's your signature and you can gross us out allllll you want. :floorlaugh:

I was thisclose to removing that from my signature, but people kept asking about it. :giggle:

So I thought there'd be a lot of posts asking what that thing is that people wouldn't be able to see what they were talking about. So blame the questioners.

Here's the full picture;

It's weird to think that fish was born 15 years before I was. :eek:

After 64 years, you'd think he would have learned to ignore fish hooks.

I was thisclose to removing that from my signature, but people kept asking about it. :giggle:

So I thought there'd be a lot of posts asking what that thing is that people wouldn't be able to see what they were talking about. So blame the questioners.

Here's the full picture;

It's weird to think that fish was born 15 years before I was. :eek:

After 64 years, you'd think he would have learned to ignore fish hooks.

:eek:verreaction:

Blown up it looks like a fake fish. Fish is older than me and far, far uglier.

I've gotten more questions about that fish. IIRC, I cropped a picture of a giant octopus.

Don't the emus get jealous? Or do they have some type of "understanding" that you are allowed to signature cheat on them?

Don't the emus get jealous? Or do they have some type of "understanding" that you are allowed to signature cheat on them?

Hamsterdance broke into my secret experimental farm and took a picture. The emus in charge of security really :censored: up.

attachment.php

Hamsterdance broke into my secret experimental farm and took a picture. The emus in charge of security really :censored: up.

attachment.php

It's a bird...it's a fish....it's a Rockemu! Since both bird and fish lay eggs I guess you have been successful breeding them. :floorlaugh:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hannahdunnam
Back