GUILTY CA - Terry Smith, 11, autistic, Menifee, 6 July 2013

Terry's mother has 3 children.
16 year old boy S and 14 year old girl M who share a last name (A).
I believe these two are full siblings to each other.

Terry - 11 years old with a different last name.
I believe he is a half sibling to the other two.

I do not know about Mom's partner and her children.
I just know that those are the 3 children from Terry's mom.
I think the initial reporting of "stepbrother" was just an error. :twocents:

Thanks for clarifying. That sounds correct from what I have read. Maybe the "step" error occurred after interviews with Terry's father. He stated the half siblings were his stepchildren.

I heard a quick clip of an interview with the father tonight, and he said he believes the reason the mother was labeling the son as autistic was because she wanted to get a monthly disability check from the state.

[ from local KCBS 11 pm news]

:furious:

On Wednesday evening, Smith spoke to KCAL9′s Serene Branson and said, “I sent out DNA and they found him in a shallow grave and it was him.”

Police told him they were calling the alleged murder a case of domestic violence. They told me “[the stepbrother] hit him in the head with a rock.”

More at link...

http://losangeles.cbslocal.com/2013/07/10/father-of-missing-menifee-boy-things-didnt-add-up/
:eek:
He also accuses his ex-wife of trying to get more money from the state with a false diagnosis of autism.

“I think she was trying to up the ante. I’m not trying to be hateful or mean or nasty to Shawna,” he told Branson, “but that is my true belief and I don’t care who knows it.”

MORE than 1,000 people showed up to Juju's vigil tonight.

Hundreds Gather for Prayer Vigil in Memory of Menifee Boy

zqoy.jpg

http://www.menifee247.com/2013/07/hundreds-gather-for-prayer-in-memory-of-menifee-boy.html

I've never seen such an enormous outpouring of support from a community. It's easy to tell how affected they all are by this case. They were out there day and night in horrible heat wandering through rough terrain to find Terry. Menifee and all of Riverside county really pulled together. Though this outcome is not what anyone wanted I'm just SO proud of my fellow southern Californians. You guys rock!

I heard a quick clip of an interview with the father tonight, and he said he believes the reason the mother was labeling the son as autistic was because she wanted to get a monthly disability check from the state.

[ from local KCBS 11 pm news]

I *think* they ran that interview on Kcal9 as well. I'm looking for it now. I'm on my phone so may not be able to link it but ill give directions :)

ETA: Link to video interview of dad.

http://losangeles.cbslocal.com/2013/07/10/father-of-missing-menifee-boy-things-didnt-add-up/

Sorry Kaliste. I couldn't click on the link it your post, but when I quoted it, it showed up.

This case is making me feel so sick. Why??? That's all I keep asking, on a whole bunch of different points. Why?

OMG. I wasn't following this case, but I just read it all. Horrible.

I think we may be having more teen killers than before, seriously. I know that we also hear about it more often than society used to because of how the media is nowadays, but I swear the rate is rising (since at least a period of say a century).

I picked up one question some folks had, about how the remains could be partially uncovered and not be found by family, etc. It's possible they were covered and later animal activity uncovered part of them.

I still don't get how dogs missed that. Apparently LE needs different dogs?

From my understanding of the articles, a sister did live at home and it was reported that the tip called into police came from the home (links provided above by others). Hmmmm. That poor sister!!

I'm also reading that searchers reported the tip due to a smell of decomp, so the situation is still muddled.

I'm just sick that it sounds like it could have been avoided in the sense that the 16-yr-old relative wasn't good to poor Terry, according to Terry's father. That is so very sad :( I wish he had lived with his father and those siblings like he said he wanted. I just don't understand :( :(

Well, considering the fact that he lived with his dad until about a year ago - in a different State far, far away from these folks, how the heck could he have JUST been diagnosed with this in the past "year," at 10????

I mean really, he was in school there and in CA. He must have been as high functioning as me - and I am not ADHD, autistic on any spectrum, PTSD, etc. Jeeze, whatever happened to active kids??? JMO

I believe dad and former teachers, JMO, and this "description" of Terry has nefarious reasons behind it, JMO.

I'm not saying he had it for sure. I wouldn't know. But let me say this, dads have a tendency to say their children do not have these issues because they don't want to believe it. Dad did mention ADHD. As for how at just 10 or whatever age being diagnosed, it IS possible. If you look there is information on kids being diagnosed that late. And some teachers won't really notice it if its high functioning. Believe me! I've been there! My sons school told me for years nothing was wrong. They were wrong.

OMG. I wasn't following this case, but I just read it all. Horrible.

I think we may be having more teen killers than before, seriously. I know that we also hear about it more often than society used to because of how the media is nowadays, but I swear the rate is rising (since at least a period of say a century).

I picked up one question some folks had, about how the remains could be partially uncovered and not be found by family, etc. It's possible they were covered and later animal activity uncovered part of them.

I still don't get how dogs missed that. Apparently LE needs different dogs?

From my understanding of the articles, a sister did live at home and it was reported that the tip called into police came from the home (links provided above by others). Hmmmm. That poor sister!!

I'm also reading that searchers reported the tip due to a smell of decomp, so the situation is still muddled.

I'm just sick that it sounds like it could have been avoided in the sense that the 16-yr-old relative wasn't good to poor Terry, according to Terry's father. That is so very sad :( I wish he had lived with his father and those siblings like he said he wanted. I just don't understand :( :(

BBM

Someone linked the Menafee official Facebook upthread. There was an interesting comment on there about why the dogs missed the body. People are saying that the body was buried there AFTER LE did their initial search of the family yard area. I wonder if this theory is correct?

The last I have seen is the people who said they saw him in church on Wednesday the 3rd.
I have been looking for another later one but haven't seen it. :seeya:

Thank you, MsFacetious and other posters for continuing to track down the day/time Terry was last seen... Independent of family member sitings...:seeya:

On NBC, they showed an old interview with the Mom, looks like outside a house, in a white shirt, where she speaks of the boys relationship. The reporter asked her if they got along. Very odd answer...

I tried to find it but can't.

Jumping off your post...

It will be interesting to see if there is verification mom was playing pool that night... And the times she was at that location...

JMO

Ok. Back now.
this case has upset me so much! Its close to home and many relatives in the area.
I want to thank all the volunteers and LE for getting out there in the sweltering heat and rough terrain. I'm so sad it ended how it did.
Now we will discover what really happened, why it happened, and who all was involved in the coverup.
I am just so heartbroken over this senseless death.

If its true the 16 yr old brother hit him in the head with a rock, then I expect murder (2)? Charges.
plus charges against him and at least one other person of a cover up, and I can think of many more charges.
heres my problem...do we know it was death by blunt force, do we know when he was killed?
If the 16 year old minor is charged as an adult, will his story change?
Jw

I'm so upset about this murder...
too close to home I guess...
Just really got me...
at first I thought we were going to find this autistic child.
but hes not really autistic, so that was bs to make us think he wandered off and so many looked and looked for him!

A question for those who might know. Believe me, I hate even asking this! Is it a different charge if a rock's thrown from someone's hand, say out of irritation, vs. if it's IN the person's hand when the hand/rock hits the other person? It seems like it should be, but this case got me wondering. I know we don't know any details for certain yet.

A question for those who might know. Believe me, I hate even asking this! Is it a different charge if a rock's thrown from someone's hand, say out of irritation, vs. if it's IN the person's hand when the hand/rock hits the other person? It seems like it should be, but this case got me wondering. I know we don't know any details for certain yet.

Im not convinced the teens story is true.
hes s minor...
I cant say more yet

The impact would be different yes. Enclosed head trauma is always a tricky subject. There are a million variables that could effect the injury as far as how, where, the angle of impact, and force to name the major ones.

The end of the day does it really matter? No matter what the intent was it's a child, and another child that is accused of doing it.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
idrainuk
Back