GUILTY CA - Terry Smith, 11, autistic, Menifee, 6 July 2013

Thanks. Yes, figured the impact physically would be different. I guess what I wondered is how it changes the definition (legally speaking) of intent. If the kid's irritated and throws a rock at his brother with unintended consequences, it seems to me like a pretty different story than the kid intentionally grabbing a rock and doing whatever he did.. if he did.

Agreed. Completely changes and allows variation with the intent/motivation behind the assault!

While reading the half-brother's FB page, I would say that there are things there that could have exasperated his "anger management" issues. He indicated that he had not been sleeping - I guarantee that lack of sleep causes all kinds of problems with trying to control emotions in ANYONE! IMHO

That is an amazing story and I am so thankful that LE asked her to come down twice after she said no the first time. I have always believed in psychics just not the sandra brown type who milks everyone for money. Many help LE for no money or fame, well she will probably get some but she and her kids all helped in finding the body and its understandable that she might want to explain how it happened.

In one show I saw on how psychics help LE (the few that do) the detective ended up marrying the psychic lol. Guess he wanted to keep her close.

This explains why the late night warrant as well

Off topic I wonder if she can do visions on the boy in the box.Just curious what she would say.I personally really feel she should not have brought her kids.Just my honest opinion.I felt sorry for them seeing a bloated body.

Well the girl had the same vision and i suspect that none of them saw the actual bloated body til they got there, from her explanation it was he was under a tree...under normally means a grave not partially buried.

I bet its the last time she takes the kids that close to where a vision leads her.

yes I agree re the brother having problems and somewhat of a victim himself....I read though his facebook page completely and he was not a happy boy. He did have a break up and I don't think he like his home situation at all. His post on 4 july (not the one from stepbrothers) to me wasn't just about his break up but pointed at mum and his unhappiness at home.

And please people don't jump on me for saying this: but being a 16 year old boy I also wonder how he was coping with mums love life. I am sure it would have been talked about at school behind his back..........and yes in this politically correct hoha society we live in it should be accepted, but the reality is it would have been talked about at school and for a 16 year old into hard core music etc it may have made him very self conscious etc

Good grief! Why is it not believable that Terry was NOT autistic?? Not all little boys have autism or some other ism....or ADD. Really. It is possible that dad and the teachers are correct. :shakehead:

I must be psychic too because the second I saw where Terry's house was, all the property, I said to myself - he is buried on that property. I don't think it was much of a stretch to feel that way, especially after hearing the brother was supposedly watching him.

yes I agree re the brother having problems and somewhat of a victim himself....I read though his facebook page completely and he was not a happy boy. He did have a break up and I don't think he like his home situation at all. His post on 4 july (not the one from stepbrothers) to me wasn't just about his break up but pointed at mum and his unhappiness at home.

And please people don't jump on me for saying this: but being a 16 year old boy I also wonder how he was coping with mums love life. I am sure it would have been talked about at school behind his back..........and yes in this politically correct hoha society we live in it should be accepted, but the reality is it would have been talked about at school and for a 16 year old into hard core music etc it may have made him very self conscious etc

I agree. An unhappy teen (need to explore to know reasons) plus a duscomfort and/or anger re the moms lifestyle.
im not convinced this young man has told everything either.

Good grief! Why is it not believable that Terry was NOT autistic?? Not all little boys have autism or some other ism....or ADD. Really. It is possible that dad and the teachers are correct. :shakehead:

Of course not all little boys have an "ism". It is possible the father is accurate. But when I first read his comments he said Terry moved to Calif. last year. Tonight I have read it was 3 years ago. And the father does not seem to have had frequent contact with Terry. It's entirely possible that he didn't know much about Terry's schooling or did not want to believe it if he was told.

I guess I would turn your question around--in my experience it is often the case that a parent doesn't recognize or accept a diagnosable condition, especially when it is not a physical impairment. Some parents and some teachers "don't believe in" ADHD or autism. Because it is not physical, it has a stigma to those who are misinformed.

That is an amazing story and I am so thankful that LE asked her to come down twice after she said no the first time. I have always believed in psychics just not the sandra brown type who milks everyone for money. Many help LE for no money or fame, well she will probably get some but she and her kids all helped in finding the body and its understandable that she might want to explain how it happened.

In one show I saw on how psychics help LE (the few that do) the detective ended up marrying the psychic lol. Guess he wanted to keep her close.

This explains why the late night warrant as well

Thanks for this ^^^

I have 2 grandsons who are brothers, 15 and 10 yrs old. So same age difference. The older has adhd. There is no way in heck he would ever harm his sibling! He is protective more than anything else! And I think thats normal for how a sibling is.
I'm not comfortable with this minor taking all the blame on this! I think there is much more to this story!

I don't understand.Why can't his mom have a love life or go out.IMHO the 16 year old sounds like a very selfish little kid.Selfish enough to kill his brother.

Of course not all little boys have an "ism". It is possible the father is accurate. But when I first read his comments he said Terry moved to Calif. last year. Tonight I have read it was 3 years ago. And the father does not seem to have had frequent contact with Terry. It's entirely possible that he didn't know much about Terry's schooling or did not want to believe it if he was told.

I guess I would turn your question around--in my experience it is often the case that a parent doesn't recognize or accept a diagnosable condition, especially when it is not a physical impairment. Some parents and some teachers "don't believe in" ADHD or autism. Because it is not physical, it has a stigma to those who are misinformed.

I agree with you about family members having difficulty accepting diagnosis of children. Unfortunately, certain diagnosis such as ADHD, ADD, Autism can be viewed by others as being overdiagnosed and even misdiagnosed.

At times, it seems the above diagnosis are used when there is just no other diffinitive diagnosis...like a catch all for when they can't figure out what else to call it.

Perhaps within this family the disfunction was labeled for all the wrong reasons...hoping for extra income in the form of a disability check but, that remains to be seen.

I don't understand.Why can't his mom have a love life or go out.IMHO the 16 year old sounds like a very selfish little kid.Selfish enough to kill his brother.

I just think theres more to it....
jmo

I feel IMHO the 16 year old was being very selfish and apparently not getting alot of what he wanted. He was mean to his sister too right? I feel the problem was him.Every one seemed to be having a problem with him.

Seriously?! A mother's priorities should be involve her children"s welfare above all else, especially with a child as young as 11. If she wants to go out, it is her responsibility to leave that child in the temporary care of someone whose duty it is monitor and protect the child. <modsnip>

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong
Back