George Zimmerman /Trayvon Martin General Discussion #14 Friday July 12

Status
Not open for further replies.
give me a break.

it's a strong rebuttal. and the constant claims that the prosecution is trying to play on emotion is getting old, not to mention rude and insulting.

one can be highly intelligent, fully capable of separating emotion from fact and still support the prosecution's position here. i know. i'm one of those.

MOO

He has told them way too often to use their emotion.. and to ignore the evidence.

Damn! George is good, according to Emotional Guy. George had it all prepared, even knew when the neighbors would open their windows.

Does the state not realize that in advancing the theory that GZ couldn't reach his gun because TM was straddling him concedes that TM was on top of GZ beating him up? JMO. OMO. MOO.

I think the State was just proving that GZ lied! He couldn't have reached for his gun if Trayvon was on top of him like GZ stated to police.

Proving his lies one by one is evidence. JMO

"The evidence is what it is, but use common sense"

Did he really just say this?

Unreal.

IOW, it appears that the state is advising the jury to ignore the apparent (IMO) lack of evidence that proves beyond any & all reasonable doubt that GZ committed 2nd degree murder.

MOO

give me a break.

it's a strong rebuttal. and the constant claims that the prosecution is trying to play on emotion is getting old, not to mention rude and insulting.

one can be highly intelligent, fully capable of separating emotion from fact and still support the prosecution's position here. i know. i'm one of those.

MOO

The prosecution should be laying down some concrete evidence, not just circumstantial stuff and changing their story (now they admit Trayvon hit George). And since that hasn't really went well, it's time to go to emotion. OMO

He has already admitted he killed TM. This trial is to determine if it was justified. So he is not, by definition, innocent. :moo:

George Zimmerman is innocent of murder, in my opinion. He is also innocent of manslaughter, imo, based on this definition:

The unjustifiable, inexcusable, and intentional killing of a human being without deliberation, premeditation, and malice. The Free Dictionary

Killing someone because they're sitting on top of you, having just punched you in the face, and are currently beating your head into the concrete, is not anything close to inexcusable or unjustifiable, in my opinion.

My biggest problem:
I was a victim of domestic violence. I never had my head beat into cement, but I've been punched in the face and had my head smacked into tile..........not as many times as GZ's defense claims, but believe me, I looked hella worse than GZ did immediately and definitely a few hours later.
No one SAW the ENTIRE altercation. No one SAW who was following who.
I don't believe GZ.
That's where I would be stuck as a juror.
JMO, OMO.

I was attacked in a similar manner as GZ and that's why I believe him. IMO, anyone who has had their head beat into a hard surface knows that the terror is overwhelming because you don't know if the next hit will be the last. And even though I'm an anti-gun liberal (and I don't think it's good to have citizens walking around armed), I would have to vote not guilty because GZ did not break any laws, he defended himself against a violent attack. IMO, head trauma should always be taken seriously regardless of whether the injuries look insignificant. JMO. OMO. MOO.

I'm going to be very disappointed if this guy Guy doesn't shed a few gratuitous tears for sympathy.

George chose the rain? This Guy is something else.

That struck me too. The evidence is the way it is becasue of the rain and the GZ is the one that chose the weather. Not even sure what to make of that.

I think the State was just proving that GZ lied! He couldn't have reached for his gun if Trayvon was on top of him like GZ stated to police.

Proving his lies one by one is evidence. JMO

Again, it's a dynamic situation. No one is just going to stay still. JMO.

Common sense. Why would Trayvon want to take GZ back to his home where there is only a 12 year old there?

GZ didn't even want to give out his information on the 911 tape, over the phone.

Ouch for GZ. JMO

If George Zimmerman is not presumed to be innocent then why on earth did the lawyers grill potential jurors on the presumption of innocence during jury selection?

Is he changing his theory AGAIN to ay now they were both standing? What did he sit on the dummy for then?

IMO

Incorrect, what you posted only applies in a Stand Your Ground defense, at least that's how it works in Florida.

The biggest problem with this case is folks don't understand the law.

In my opinion you are incorrect. Again, Zimmerman killed someone. He KILLED someone. He admits to doing so, but is saying that he should be given a pass for this particular killing.

Do you actually believe he has no further obligations other than to say the two words, "Self Defense"? That's what you are claiming. And no, don't respond by saying that Zimmerman did say more than just this, because that negates the original claim that this was unnecessary. According to the oft repeated 'Florida law' statement, Zimmerman never needed to say any more than these two magical words. According to some, a simple "Self Defense" statement somehow kicks all the burden onto the prosecution. Forget the corpse, he said it was self defense.

Apparently some believe that the prosecution must prove exactly what happened, and why, and what people were feeling, and they must somehow demonstrate that it was impossible for the killer to suffer some unspecified injury down the road -- perhaps a lightning strike due to the storm. Can you PROVE lightning was impossible? It was Florida after all. And apparently Zimmerman doesn't even have to claim he was afraid of lightning, the prosecution must still prove that this fear as well was unreasonable.

<mod snip>. It's not THEIR job to explain why Trayvon Martin is dead, it's the job of the guy who followed and killed him.

LOL - thank you for your concern - he was a "high end" gentle guy - the roots were around my jaw bone and he had a heck of a time getting it out.

I had drugs...:blushing: I was fine.

That is a bad impacted tooth! Luckily it is rare.
I've heard of people having their jaws broken!:scared::scared:
The one good thing about dentists is that they prescribe the BEST drugs. LOL :rockon:

It's funny how generally teenagers and 17 year olds are considered kids but Trayvon is self-servingly referred to as an adult. People are too adament on this point IMO. I would think any 17 year old is a kid and legally he was still a child. It doesn't matter. Get over it. IMO

I think what we're dealing with here, and the distinction, is what did he APPEAR to be to GZ. Not whether he was legally of age, not whether he had the decision making abilities of an adult, but what was in GZ's mind in a physical battle with TM.

He's the size and strength of an adult, is what's being said here. He looks like an adult.

I have 3 sons and watched all their friends mature to be men - and that happened when they were about 16. The moms would laugh, hey, who's that man and what has he done with your son?

Because suddenly, around age 16, they are visually men where just 2 years prior they were lanky adolescents.

IMHO

Why does it bother anyone that Trayvon was not an adult? He was a kid, a child, a teen, a boy. He had just turned 17 when he was killed. This is not sympathy, it's a fact! That fact sure does bother people here. It's so odd to me. Of course the prosecution is going to use this fact.

Exactly he was a teen. Evokes a different emotion than stating he was a child. A child could be as young as 4-5. A child is different than a teenager, especially in this instance. It is about perception and emotion.

Just like using a photo of TM when he was 12 instead of 17. He looks very different between those photos. Why not use the most recent one?? He isn't young, small and innocent enough for the mass manipulation??

It wasn't a "child" out there that dark, rainy night who confronted GZ. -

Kathi Belich, WFTV &#8207;@KBelichWFTV 34s

The state is now trying to show doubt is not reasonable in this case but still no evidence to support their argument.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cariboucampfire73