George Zimmerman /Trayvon Martin General Discussion #14 Friday July 12

Status
Not open for further replies.
Because his age is IRRELEVANT.

HE was not a child he was nearly a man by 11 months. he was 6 ft in sneakers.

HE was not a boy.

14-15-16-17-commit violent crimes everyday.. Their age does not usually matter much when they are charged.

Right. Here's a case where an 11 year old was (at the time of the article) charged as an adult.
http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2011/01/25/youngest-american-life-without-parole/

"Pennsylvania’s laws on juvenile trials are among the least accommodating in the country, with juvenile suspects in homicide cases automatically tried as adults, unless a judge decides otherwise."

IMO, it's a bad move for the state to stress that "*advertiser censored**ing punks" shows ill will and malice when TM used racial epithets against GZ. JMO. OMO. MOO.

I didn't see the whole defense closing. Did they mention or stress the "cracker" comment?

GZ was the one who was reporting a "suspicious" person, not the other way around. GZ thought TM looked suspicious because he was taking his time in the rain, not trying to get out of it, and looking around. Yet GZ got out of his car, IN THE RAIN, talking on his cell phone, does GZ look suspicious to you? He is doing exactly what TM is doing, except TM didn't get out of his car to get in the rain, GZ did. So, should we call NE on GZ because he's in the rain talking on his cell phone instead of staying in his car where it makes the most sense..

How does any of that explain the racial remark that TM used?

IMO, I think that has very little to do with whether people actually believe GZ's weird story, and more to do with the fact that people have taken political, racial, and ideological sides over this story. It's not about a dead teenager anymore. It's people who don't like that the president dared to have an opinion about it (imagine that?). It's white supremacists hacking a dead kid's social media accounts. It's gun rights advocates carrying this as some sort of torch for 2nd amendment rights. It's people buying into whatever their favorite pundit on Fox has to say about the whole thing. If you really look at the evidence of the case, and GZ's various stories about it, it's difficult to believe what he has to say, but somehow people find a way. Imo, it's incredibly sad.

I could say all the same ugly things about the other side..Your right, it is incredibly sad :seeya:
IMHO....

Never know how soon they will come back or what the verdict will be. Never ever know...

:scared:

imo.

I was just curious what people's opinions are. I know you can never know but we have some waitin' to do so let's chat! IMO. LOL, it's ok y'all don't have to answer but I am really curious what everyone thinks.

I did not ask who, said he was by or almost home.
I said, has the DEFENSE stated Trayvon ever made it home?
No. He didn't. Based on the entire testimony and evidence of the defense.

NO. The state did. They put it on. The defense doesn't need to add evidence when the STATE already put it out there.

Just curious, how long did it take the CA jury? It's been so long that I have forgotten.

IMO, I perceive this as a loaded question, because the implication has been, from the very beginning of this case, that those who are vigorously seeking the truth are somehow "defending" GZ.

If I may make it clear: I am NOT defending GZ.

Mark O'Mara, Don West, et al., are defending GZ.

I'm personally defending the presumption of innocence until proven guilty beyond any and all reasonable doubt in a charge of 2nd degree murder.

Regarding the question of who here holds gun permits: that is their business & no one else's, unless they choose to disclose that info.

MOO

True. I have no problem saying that I'm licensed and carry. I carry at work and at home.

I believe that if more people were familiar with weapons, there wouldn't be so much shock or fear about them. It's everyday life for me. It doesn't make me 10ft tall, it makes me feel safe in many of my surroundings - but certainly not all of them. That's why we usually work in two's. One person interviews a subject. The other person watches the subject and offers protection to the interviewer.

I'm sure this has already been discussed, but did anyone else feel offended when the prosecutor made the faux pas statement "And the Skittles weren't even stolen!"? I cringed. I'm sure he ad libbed that part and immediately wished he could take it back. But Jeesh! MOO.

How does any of that explain the racial remark that TM used?

TM was simply talking to his friend on the phone, GZ was "profiling a suspect". To me there is a difference.

Understanding florida is very important. Fears of problems is not from regular citizens, but from the large amount of gangs that are here. This little county alone has 13 known gangs and theres problems all time. Geez, I wish this had never happened. IMO

TM was not shot when he was "walking home from the store." He was shot while he was beating up GZ. The state has already conceded that TM was on top of GZ when he was shot. That's not walking home. JMO. OMO. MOO.

Walking home from the store with Skittles and Fruit Punch no less. I wonder if he had bought cigarettes if the State would have mentioned it. I really wonder.

I hope they will come back with not guilty on all counts.

IF this jury goes by the actual factual law, they will find him not guilty on all charges.

IMO

And I hope theres no gun haters or stealth jurors either.

moo

I hope they will come back with not guilty on all counts.

IF this jury goes by the actual factual law, they will find him not guilty on all charges.

IMO

Pretty much this. Do I think he could be convicted of Manslaughter? Yes, but only because the juror's will let emotion get in the way of evidence and jury instructions.

The defense has the obligation to provide a prima facia case in support of self defense. They do not have to prove that it was self defense beyond a reasonable doubt. The defense met their burden. The prosecution still has to prove that it was not self defense beyond a reasonable doubt. The fact that in a self defense case the defense has some burden of proof and must put forth an affirmative defense in no way diminishes the prosecutions burden of proof.

The defense has said it was self defense. They have provided clear third party evidence and testimony of that. Not the least of which was a steady stream of prosecution witnesses such as the initial investigating Law Enforcement. A reasonable case for self defense has been made.

Whereas the prosecutions case seems to involve saying "Nuh uh!" And "Wannabe Cop!" A lot, but without showing any clear timeline or sequence of events or even putting forth a full theory of the crime.

I don't like this. I don't like Zimmerman. I don't like that he killed a teen because he made bad assumptions. But those are matters for a civil court examine a question of wrongful death. Here in this criminal court the Prosecution has not established their criminal case beyond a reasonable or even mildly half assed doubt to my eyes. They have pretty much done the defenses work for them.

This is an EXCELLENT post! Thank you for sharing.

IMO

Stood there an watched a boy die on the ground. Not good. IMO

A boy that had just made him fear for his life. My AA grandson would be highly offended at the insensitivity of calling him "boy". I don't think he would punch you for saying it though. JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ohbeehaave