*NO NAME CALLING

*USE, "IN MY OPINION" WHEN NOT STATING FACT

*NO NAME CALLING

* NO ATTACKING FELLOW POSTERS

*NO NAME CALLING

*BE RESPECTFUL WHEN RESPONDING TO FELLOW POSTERS

*NO NAME CALLING.

Here is the link to the poll.

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=215840"]Poll: Guilty, Not Guilty, Hung Jury - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]

Thank you,
Tricia

You are correct. The meaning refers to the man who 'cracked' the whip on the plantations keeping the slaves in line. Funny thing to me though is that when I think of raceism, I think of white vs black. GZ was Hispanic right. Just to me demonstrates the racism against some races without even confirmation. Is that not profiling? jmo

GZ is Hispanic. He looks Hispanic and speaks with a Hispanic accent. IMO. But by golly the MEDIA wanted him to be WHITE and labeled him so for a long time. Now he is called a White Hispanic. What is going on? He is being racially pegged as White for a reason. Period. White man= Bad.

It doesn't make for as good a story if he is simply who he is.

The jury is most likely unaware of news of potential riots. It will not be a factor. imo

Real or perceived Zimmerman will never FEEL safe. He needed a gun before, wonder what he'd use next time, if he's given the chance? According to him, he'd do nothing differently.

More than a little scary, considering he was wrong about Travon.

IMO

That's exactly why I said earlier if he is aquitted we will probably see his name again and a gun will be involved. IMO

And I don't think it will be because someone used a gun on George. IMO

That exact thing happened in NC. I think it depends on the state laws.

IMO

That's basically the law in all states, jurors can be removed from juries for various reason, even while deliberating. A juror could get sick for example. Or a juror could engage in misconduct: for example a juror can look up words in a dictionary.

Then they put in the next alternate and they jury has to begin deliberations all over again.

Real or perceived Zimmerman will never FEEL safe. He needed a gun before, wonder what he'd use next time, if he's given the chance? According to him, he'd do nothing differently.

More than a little scary, considering he was wrong about Travon.

IMO

That is very, very sad ting to say. How do you KNOW he was wrong? You weren't there.

HELP! Did the judge allow Involuntary Manslaughter AND Voluntary Manslaughter?

I can't remember.

Thanks.

2 1/2 hrs.

I hope it isn't true that jury would have to wait until Monday to give their verdict because people feel rioting. Wow. What has the world come to? Who would ever want to be a juror now??

RTB...

That right is not being challenged. The question is whether or not it is reasonable to repeatedly follow someone who has committed no crime, to the point that they are so afraid that they actually run away, then continue to pursue them -- against police advice -- and when you catch them and a scuffle takes place, kill them as your first and only effort at "self defense."

Now all this might be reasonable, PERHAPS, if the defendants story remained consistent and plausible. It is simply a fact that Zimmerman's story evolved over time and it does not match the physical evidence at the crime scene. This happens with every case, and it's expected, but some of the inconsistencies are significant and suggest that Zimmerman is not telling the truth about some very important details.

The EVIDENCE for Zimmerman's defense is his word. That's pretty much it. We don't know who was yelling, we don't know who was on top, we don't know who threw the first punch or even if any punches were thrown at all. We do know that Zimmerman's claims that he had been punched twenty or more times in the face are likely false -- there is no evidence for this and plenty of evidence it never happened. Equally questionable is the claim that Martin was repeatedly pounding his head on some concrete. Maybe it happened, but the physical evidence doesn't support it, and it certainly was NOT happening when Zimmerman pulled the trigger.

Again, this case is not about the right to defend yourself. This case is about an unarmed dead teen. IMO

I disagree, there is pretty strong evidence who was on top of whom. We also have witness testimony (the only witness who saw any part of the fight) collaborate GZ's version. We have injuries to GZ.

Also to clarify, TM started running while GZ was in his car, still on the phone with NEN.

I don't see that as a good thing. Not because of GZ, but because of the mob mentality of folks who do not get what they want and feel they need to threaten someone. This country's justice system works the way it does, the jury's decision should be final, people should move on without threatening.

Did you feel that way after the Casey Anthony trial? Just curious.

Does anyone know can the press contact those excused alternate jurors now and get their thoughts?

That's exactly why I said earlier if he is aquitted we will probably see his name again and a gun will be involved. IMO

And I don't think it will be because someone used a gun on George. IMO

Right, because previous history of GZ has indication of gun violence.:banghead:

Kathi Belich, WFTV ‏@KBelichWFTV 12m
The judge says that the alternates will be dismissed in private. #Zimmermanon9

Expand Reply
Retweet

Favorite

More

Kathi Belich, WFTV Kathi Belich, WFTV ‏@KBelichWFTV 14m
Oh! The alternates are leaving too. The deliberations have started. #Zimmermanon9

Expand

Does anyone know can the press contact those excused alternate jurors now and get their thoughts?

They can contact excused jurors but not alternates.

ETA: unless the alternates will be excused which is confusing me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member