George Zimmerman /Trayvon Martin General Discussion #14 Friday July 12

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree. I hope people can be calm when the verdict comes, no matter what it is.

Who would riot if he is found guilty? Those rioters who the law enforcement community is preparing for may very well riot anyway. Think of all the lunatics that destroy things in their town when their home sport team wins some championship.

We live in a society overwhelmed by irresponsible, rudderless and violent people.

I don't think it's at all appropriate or ethical to interfere in any way with jury deliberations because of possible public opinion. If they vote guilty or not, it should be because of the evidence, not because there might be a riot.

I'm sure the court can hold off reading a verdict if so desired (reasonable, not days or anything) but to ask the jurors not to give a verdict, uh no, can't go with that.

I'm sorry, I probably wasn't clear. It wasn't suggested that they vote one way or the other because of possible riots or that they hold off on a verdict because of that same concern - not at all! Just that once they have decided, the court could chose to have the verdict not read until Monday. Sorry for any confusion.

I believe the state has proven ill will hatred and or spite.

I'm good to go, guilty in the 2nd degree.

RTB...

That right is not being challenged. The question is whether or not it is reasonable to repeatedly follow someone who has committed no crime, to the point that they are so afraid that they actually run away, then continue to pursue them -- against police advice -- and when you catch them and a scuffle takes place, kill them as your first and only effort at "self defense."

Now all this might be reasonable, PERHAPS, if the defendants story remained consistent and plausible. It is simply a fact that Zimmerman's story evolved over time and it does not match the physical evidence at the crime scene. This happens with every case, and it's expected, but some of the inconsistencies are significant and suggest that Zimmerman is not telling the truth about some very important details.

The EVIDENCE for Zimmerman's defense is his word. That's pretty much it. We don't know who was yelling, we don't know who was on top, we don't know who threw the first punch or even if any punches were thrown at all. We do know that Zimmerman's claims that he had been punched twenty or more times in the face are likely false -- there is no evidence for this and plenty of evidence it never happened. Equally questionable is the claim that Martin was repeatedly pounding his head on some concrete. Maybe it happened, but the physical evidence doesn't support it, and it certainly was NOT happening when Zimmerman pulled the trigger.

Again, this case is not about the right to defend yourself. This case is about an unarmed dead teen. IMO

That just isn't the case.

And, this case is about whether or not TM attacked GZ because he followed him.

Scared to the point of running would mean TM went home. And, he didn't.

IMO and all that jazz.

Congratulations WS Members!! We made it. No matter what side you are on, pray for peace and calm after the verdict.

My heart still breaks for the Martin's. I can't image having my son killed while going to the store. :cry:

Nobody wins in this case, IMO anyone who knows George etc. the jury is going to be held accountable in some way.

I feel real sorry for the jury. it would not surprise me if the jury gets backlash from either side depending on hoe they vote.

JMO

"Cracker" refers to the white color of the skin. Pale as a cracker.

IMHO

I did not know what it meant so I looked it up on Google. This is the meaning several of the sites gave. Just passing on what I found. I will say thought I have never heard it in reference to pale skin. Whatever, it is still a slur. JMO

The Websleuths poll is now open so if you want to vote it's available.

Then where did the cuts on GZ's nose come from?

Who knows? But even if we assume Trayvon hit him with a fist or elbow it means nothing. Likewise, even if Zimmerman bonked his nose on the sidewalk it means nothing. No one is disputing that some kind of physical altercation took place.

What I find interesting is that Zimmerman never attempted to defend himself in any way, he never hit Martin or scratched him, he never bit him, he claims he was fighting for his life against a suddenly homicidal maniac, a guy he claims told him he was going to kill him, and he never did any of that. He just shot him.

And by the way...

How LIKELY is it that Martin, who has no history of violence and multiple character witnesses who have spoken up about his laid back nature, would suddenly attack someone and tell them that he planned to murder them?

That's what Zimmerman claimed. He claimed that Martin told him he was going to murder him. Does that seem plausible?

The whole altercation took all of a couple of minutes. It means within SECONDS of getting into a fight, GZ shot to kill TM. How IMMINENT was death when you first begin grappling with an UNARMED person??:twocents::twocents::twocents:

The moment the back of your head slams the concrete. The first time might be iffy. The second time your head hits pavement you are in a panicked fear for your life. I don't care who you are. At that moment you are completely justified in acting to save your life. Every instinct hard wired into you will be to protect yourself at all costs.

And just some filler for those questioning the severity of Zimmerman's injuries. I am a retired EMS Captain and Paramedic. I am or have been considered skilled and appropriate to give testimony before the court on the subject of injury and medical emergency and have done so on several occasions. What I see from those pictures of Zimmerman's head is very consistent with a fairly vicious or brutal bare handed assault. There are signs of multiple impacts to the back of his head and some noticeable swelling, very indicative of smacking the back of the head on concrete. His face had swelling and contusions consistent with blows from a softer object, ie a fist. An impact from a hard object such as "recoil from the gun" would typically look different and more often than not would cause lacerations and skin tears on the face. This is just my opinion mind you. But it is a skilled knowledgeable opinion.

He does have a history of preying on those he perceives weaker than himself, correct? Women specifically. Iirc.

One instance that happened something like 8 years ago. Good try I guess. Was he preying on the ATF officer too when he was helping his friend?

Too bad nobody else testifying to how bad of a person GZ was. At least I never heard any state witness testify to that.

Hal commentator calls Omara's closing human ambien!

there are people who can't follow a quiet discourse and need to be yelled at to stay awake, i guess.

BtW, what's a Hal commentator?

iMHo

Sad commentary on our society. IMO

ADDED edited: so are you advocating vigilanty justice on Zimmerman...sounds like it to me. IMO
I took it to mean fear of public opinion...but that's my take on it. IMPO, there's something off about the man. I'd have no problem shunning him.

Nobody wins in this case, IMO anyone who knows George etc. the jury is going to be held accountable in some way.

I feel real sorry for the jury. it would not surprise me if the jury gets backlash from either side depending on hoe they vote.

JMO

There will be a huge backlash no matter what.

This is the scary part. I wouldn't dare try to predict what this jury will do. There's at least one person that thinks GZ is innocent, and at least one that thinks he's guilty. I wouldn't be surprised if it's a hung jury, but I gotta admit, nothing would surprise me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rebecca.ingram1214@gmail.