George Zimmerman /Trayvon Martin General Discussion #14 Friday July 12

Status
Not open for further replies.
But he did testify. The state played all his interviews. Why should he have to get on the stand after that.

Blame the state for introducing all of that so that GZ didn't have to testify.
Sorry, still...if I was a juror, i would want him to speak now.

And somehow 18 months of 6 hours/week of MMA training gets discounted as 'oh it didn't really *take* with GZ b/c he's not a real 'warrior' so therefor it certainly would not be GZ who was attacking TM.

//snort//

George does deserve a refund. IMO

And somehow 18 months of 6 hours/week of MMA training gets discounted as 'oh it didn't really *take* with GZ b/c he's not a real 'warrior' so therefor it certainly would not be GZ who was attacking TM.

//snort//

Two different people for the defense said as much. The state had their opportunity to put someone on to dispute that.

They didn't.

That's not the kind of "skipping" he was talking about. The kind he referred to actually is associated with gang members. jmo

I have never heard of this kind of skipping. I'm googling, but can't find anything related to it. Is there a link? Not being snarky, I'm truly interested.

IMO

And another thought on injuries:

Everyone reacts differently under different stresses and circumstances. My own personal experience:

4 years ago I was involved in a terrible car crash (hit by drunk driver). The fire department actually told my dad who came to the scene because my hubby was out of town that he was shocked I was not more injured due to the damage to the vehicles. Now why did he not think I was "more injured"? Because of my reaction after the accident. I was trapped in my vehicle and they had to pry the doors back. My reaction I was screaming hysterically to get out which in that moment completely took away from my injuries. What this gentleman didn't know was I am extremely claustrophobic so I couldn't process past just wanting out of that vehicle. Later it was revealed that I had a broken foot that required surgery, a messed up shoulder, a concussion that resulted in post concussion syndrome, my sternum was extremely bruised, many cuts, bruises, etc.

Frankly I was pretty injured and had lasting physcial effects for years, however he assumed I wasn't very injured because all I could do was scream for them to get me out. IMO

So I say all that to say we can not say whether or not GZ's injuries to his head were very significant or not because of the trauma involved in shooting someone. We can't judge just because he could walk and talk. I was screaming my fool head off and when they got me free I jumped out before they could get me in the neck brace and on a stretcher even with a smashed up broken foot that I never mentioned to them once apparently.

JMO

I just hope this jury gets it right and votes not guilty on all charges.

Thank God we have an appeals process.

IN MY OPINION

I just hope this jury gets it right and votes not guilty on all charges.

Thank God we have an appeals process.

That's another thing people are forgetting. I think if he does get convicted, this case is very ripe for appeal.

He would have had to be at the men's heads to tell if Z's head was being bashed against the concrete. However, Z has facial and head injuries that he didn't have when he left for the store. There is no way Z's face could look like that if he was being pushed downwards, but the back of his head could have been bashed up with violent pushing.

MOO

In my opinion, I believe the witness testified that he could not see any actual fists or heads hitting - just movement, and the general area - so I agree, he couldn't have seen actual bashing, unless he was right there.

IMO - It's also possible that when GZ slipped on the wet grass (iirc, said so in his walkthru ), his head could have hit the walk, possibly very hard. He might have been dazed - I've done this in my own driveway, and know it can happen (yes, I'm a klutz - that's my opinion, but my family would call it fact) .
IMO - I've also had something fall out of a tree onto my head, which bled like crazy, and I would have sworn it was a tree trunk, but turned out to be basically a large twig falling off a tree branch - I was certain it was huge, because I bled so much and felt massive, but it was so small, I was embarrassed- the tree wasn't even very big or tall (this was after a storm, but I should have learned to prune the trees), but my point was - head wounds bleed a lot, even little ones, and a pretty small item can cause it.

Lastly, and IMO - I had an injury to my face that looked remarkably similar to GZ's, a little abrasion, a lot of swelling, a very bloody nose, and two black eyes, though mine teared up instantly - I was getting in my car, got distracted didn't realize I hadn't opened the door fully, and accidentally hit my face against the car door (I didn't bash myself repeatedly), but it was extremely similar to the photos of GZ - like GZ's the swelling went down relatively quickly, but the area was tender and sore, and the eyes took longer to return to normal. I'm not suggesting GZ did this, but I am saying it is possible to get a similar injury without being punched in the face.

I'm not saying this is what GZ did, but I can attest that it is possible to be injured in the same way, without having been punched. I believe there are several ways in which this could have happened, but don't believe it could have happened by a punch or slam without some dna being present on the puncher or slammers hands, cuffs, or sleeves.
They did find dna on TM's hands, but only his own. In my opinion.
IMO, MOO, JMO

I don't see that as a good thing. Not because of GZ, but because of the mob mentality of folks who do not get what they want and feel they need to threaten someone. This country's justice system works the way it does, the jury's decision should be final, people should move on without threatening.

Think of the outrage when CA was acquitted, there were people demonstrating outside the courthouse

imo

As early as the 1760s, this term was in use by the upper class planters in the British North American colonies to refer to Scots-Irish and English settlers in the south, most of whom were descendants of English bond servants. A letter to the Earl of Dartmouth reads:

"I should explain to your Lordship what is meant by Crackers; a name they have got from being great boasters; they are a lawless set of rascalls on the frontiers of Virginia, Maryland, the Carolinas, and Georgia, who often change their places of abode

This is just one of many uses...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cracker_(pejorative)

IMO opinion the N word derived from only one use IMO

Understand that words evolve especially in the black community.

Cracker is a retaliatory word to ni**er. It was referenced off or from a "white" saltine cracker.

Black culture has a way with words. The source of new words are amusing at times.

For example: Ratchet is a girl from the getto that is bad or not worthy. The irony is the word was picked up from church an the annunciation was lost.

The word is wretched but they heard and used ratchet. Now ratchet it is used throughout the streets to describe and bad or distasteful person.

I have no faith in Florida juries. IMO, they may very well opt for a compromise verdict of manslaughter. IMO, that would be as big a miscarriage of justice as the Casey Anthony verdict. JMO. OMO. MOO.

Whenever I follow a case in Florida, I always think of that last line from the 1974 film Chinatown, "Forget it, Jake. It's Chinatown."

I got nothing. Nothing in Urban Dictionary. I have never heard of gangster skipping. So if someone has a link please provide it.

There is a you tube video called the gangsta skip. Check it out, I don't think TM was doing this that night, IMO

But he did testify. The state played all his interviews. Why should he have to get on the stand after that.

Blame the state for introducing all of that so that GZ didn't have to testify.

To me, testifying is being cross-examined. GZ made self-serving statements, that continually changed. IMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hannahdunnam