Verdict Watch Thread Saturday July 13

Status
Not open for further replies.
MeeBee,
I am not starting anything. I thought we were here to discuss the issue. IMO his dad should have NOTICED he wasn't home by midnight. He was 17. However, the prosecutor in closing referred to him as a child.

I won't respond to your posts anymore. I THOUGHT we coud all have differing views here.:seeya:

You can respond to me. I just don't know why it has to be done in such a confrontational and sarcastic way?

All I wanted was to inform the person that Trayvon was reported missing and respond to someone's post in which they stated their opinion with my opinion. Next time I'll just scroll on by since I didn't really feel like debating today. It never gets anywhere.

You make a good point, but on the other hand, his attorneys didn't want him going on Hannity in the first place but he did, and he said that, so there you go.
FWIW.

MOM was not his lawyer when he did the Hannity interview. In fact I'm not sure he had lawyers by then and if he did, it was those two bumbling guys that he didn't communicate with anyway. When MOM took over, that was the last of the interviews.

The answer from Sanford Police? They hadn't even checked his cell records. The lead investigator wanted to charge GZ.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They did not get to check Trayvon's cell phone record because Tracy Martin refused to give LE the passcode in order to unlock Trayvon's phone.

This is why they could not check his cell phone records.

http://articles.orlandosentinel.com...rge-zimmerman-special-prosecutor-angela-corey

The phone is registered to Trayvon's father. According to police records, on March 1, an analyst with the Seminole County Sheriff's Office told Sanford police he needed the security code to unlock the data on the phone.

Sanford police Detective Doris Singleton contacted the carrier, T-Mobile, asking for the code. The company told her they could get to the information if they had the PIN to the account. On March 5, Sanford police Sgt. Joe Santiago asked Tracy Martin for the PIN, according to a police report. Tracy Martin said he'd check with his attorney.

Martin never got back with police. At a March 8 news conference in Orlando, Tracy Martin told reporters he would not help police download information from the phone.

Also, I wonder why people also find it offensive that Trayvon's family provided a picture of a nice smiling young Trayvon to the media. Isn't that usually what families do? Did people really expect his family to provide a picture of him smoking pot and flashing his middle fingers?

Agreed. If a college-aged girl went missing, would you (general) want the media to use pictures of her drunk at the club wearing a skimpy outfit?

He wants to be LE and is studying criminology so he should know the first thing about Miranda yet doesn't lawyer up.

Sure it's possible, it's just not logical. I was shocked that even Jeffery Toobin agreed it was a stretch to think this.

Although not studying criminology, David Westerfield also talked to LE without lawyering up. I know someone who knew DW for years and he said DW always thought he was just a little smarter than everyone else.

To me, then, speaking to LE without lawyering up is no proof of innocence. It could very well simply mean the person thinks they can talk their way out of the situation. :twocents:

ODD ODD ODD, meee thinks, thanks for that. Police in my neighborhood, and I would be calling to find out. Son, missing?? Even more so.

I think I can add some perspective here, about Tracey's thought process.

I've had teenage sons going through a "rough patch" before, and engaged in marijuana and underage drinking. (This is about me, not about Trayvon, I'm just trying to shed some light here).

When they were late coming home, I wouldn't have called the cops. Because it was more than likely if they were found, they would be found with some misdemeanor criminal evidence on them.

Trayvon had been suspended from school for the third time, and I am sure tracey knew at least the "gist" of what the offenses were. He brought his son there to Sanford to try to get him away from bad influences and give him a little chance to settle down. then, he takes off and doesn't come home all night.

i certainly wouldn't have called the cops at 10 p.m., coming home from being out at the movies. it would be the next morning i would meekly start calling around, first the cousin, then to get a jail roster but not necessarily to report him officially missing. the last thing i wanted when i thought my errant son had taken off was cops trying to sniff him out.

this is a hard place to be in. i would report an 8 year old missing the first notion that the child was truly missing - but i can't tell you how many nights i've sat in the living room, in the dark, praying to God to tell me what to do because my 17 year old was not home and it was 3 a.m.

It's hell.

IMHO

Which attorneys? O'Mara was sitting there right beside Zimmerman during the interview in which Zimmerman claims that Trayvon was not running after all but was skipping along towards the back gate entrance and that it was "god's will" as to what happened that night.

You have a link to back this up because I'm pretty sure I heard on WFTV that MOM was not his lawyer at that point in time.

I don't want to go back and find the op so jumping off your post, but also remember that the reason Tracy called first thing in the morning was because he was supposed to be leaving with Trayvon. And he didn't call to report him missing. He and Brandy called juvenile and the sheriff's dept to see if he'd been picked up first.

jmo

Wow. Just wow. After four children and eleven grandchildren, I will just say he should take some responsibility here!!! IMO. MOO.

I must have misremembered exactly where I heard that, just as you didn't remember GZ admitting to 911 he was following TM

I totally respect your differing views and I don't think any of us have every bit of record memorized.

It's up to the jury now anyhow.

That's because GZ called the Non-Emergency Number. He did not call 911. It is this sort of subtle shift of facts that is telling of the state's complete lack of evidence thus necessitating elaboration and fabrication. JMO. OMO.MOO.

I don't think I would have much sympathy for TM if I were GZ. TM created this mess when he attacked him and it's basically ruined GZ's life. He was defending himself imo.

WOW. aside from being wholly untrue, that shows quite an alarming lack of compassion and understanding.

though many here mocked the closing argument of the state, when they said it was GZ who ''created this mess'' they were absolutely right. i am stunned that even those who support GZ refuse to give even that much.

and to think, it's those of us who feel GZ is guilty who are supposedly basing our opinions of emotion alone!

MOO

Considering that it has been reported that the public may not be made aware of the verdict immediately, (to have time for LE to prepare for any backlash), I think it may be possible that a verdict has already been reached.
I HOPE anyway.
This waiting is so hard for us, I just can't imagine what it is like for either of the families.

IMO

RE: it has been reported that the public may not be made aware of the verdict immediately

Has this been reported on msm, JusticeJunkie..

Also, I wonder why people also find it offensive that Trayvon's family provided a picture of a nice smiling young Trayvon to the media. Isn't that usually what families do? Did people really expect his family to provide a picture of him smoking pot and flashing his middle fingers?

I think they had more recent pictures that they could have given...but I am not sure if that was the parents doing or Crump and the media.

I think it was very misleading to show pictures of a 12 yr old kid. My sister is 18, she has pictures up on facebook that make me cringe (she is on her own so nothing anyone can do about it) I do have many pictures of her where she looks nice and is smiling though. If I had to give a picture of her I wouldn't give them one where she was 12. It is concerning if the only pictures they have of a 17yr old are either offensive or ones from 5 yrs ago.

imo

I appreciate your response.I did watch the re-enactment but didn't see much of anything from GZ as to how the body of TM ended up further down from the start of the T.
GZ was very detailed but left out how that happened.
Unless they rolled down that way....One or both would have had to have moved in that direction away from the T.
If it had been GZ heading away from TM...he probably would have said so during the acting out of events.
So now I wonder if TM was moving away from GZ.
Ah well...no matter at this point.Just curious.
IMO

I watched it within the last 2 hours, as I said, because I had my own doubts, and he does tell the detective that he was pushing TM away from him and that is how they ended up in line with JG's back door (rough generalization of the area).

Seems that the part of Bill Lee trying to resign first, and being denied to be allowed to do this, and then having a finding of no trust in the chief led to his firing. Bill Lee was brought in to clean up the Sanford Police Department's issues. He failed to do this job so he was fired.

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-201_162-57457503/sanford-fla-police-chief-bill-lee-fired/

http://sacson.wordpress.com/2011/04/19/bill-lee-named-sanford-chief-of-police/

http://articles.orlandosentinel.com...-lieutenant-justin-collison-police-department

I too was reading articles about the Sanford police. Interestingly, when the woman Sanford PD officer testified in uniform, she had on military type ribbons on her uniform. It was recognized by a veteran, that one was the medal of honor one. He emailed the police chief and asked that the military style use of ribbons be removed unless they are actually earned while serving their country. Long story short, the police are no longer wearing those ribbons. I think it was the Orlando Sentinel article posted above's link to more stories.

There were other photos they could have used, like the one where he is on the horse etc.

IMO, they used the younger photos of Trayvon in order to garner sympathy from the public and the media so an innocent man would be arrested and charged.

JMO

It doesn't seem odd to me. That he waited until the next morning makes sense and doesn't mean he didn't spend the night worried sick. A lot of people make a stink about this. But most people, when someone goes missing, don't report right away unless it's a small child because they want to give the person a chance to call, come home, etc. A lot of people wait until the next day. That Trayvon's called in the morning mere hours after he realized Trayvon was not home says the opposite to me of what it says to a lot of people which is not that he didn't care and just didn't realize Trayvon wasn't home.It says to me that he didn't waste a lot of time after Trayvon went missing to raise the ref flag.

And that's just my opinion dude.

BBM

I understand your point and I think in other circumstances, this would make perfect sense. I wish I could find a reference for this, but I recall Tracy saying that he wasn't worried until the next day when he realized he was still not home.

The thing about this particular incident that is troubling is that Chad expected him home that night at 7pm, Trayvon told him he was coming home, there were police all over that courtyard investigating that night, this was not Trayvon's home, he was 17 and on suspension from school and this was not his neighborhood. Adding up the totality of what was going on with him, is why it seems so weird to me and some others.

IMO

I feel like I've learned a lot of presumption of innocence and reasonable doubt because of this case. I'm glad I've never had to serve on a jury before because I don't think I understood those concepts quite as clearly as I do now.

I agree, that's what this case is about. No one can say, based upon the evidence (not speculation) what exactly transpires in the time between GZ's phone call to NEN and the 911 calls during the altercation. We simply don't know, so the only possible default position, according to the law, is to find that reasonable doubt exists.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TammySue