Verdict Watch Thread Saturday July 13

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here's the thing about Zimmerman's comment about "these $&@$." Does it sound angry and aggressive? Yes! But we have testimony that Trayvon made an angry and aggressive comment about GZ. So how can we favor one over the other as proof of intent to assault the other?

I disagree. I don't think GZ sounds aggressive at all. He sounds annoyed on that tape, not hostile. I was not expecting GZ to be such a mild-mannered person. The trial completely changed my opinion of him. I started out thinking he probably was a hot-headed jerk. I now see him as a soft-spoken, kindhearted man who went out of his way to help his neighbors. JMO. OMO. MOO.

Which attorneys? O'Mara was sitting there right beside Zimmerman during the interview in which Zimmerman claims that Trayvon was not running after all but was skipping along towards the back gate entrance and that it was "god's will" as to what happened that night.

Sorry. I tried to edit my post with IIRC--then the site blipped and I don't know if the edit got through or not.

IIRC, and I certainly may not, MOM did not want GZ to go on Hannity but GZ insisted so MOM had no choice but to be there.

I don't have a link handy so this is just what I recall, which may be wrong.

You think his boyhood college pic and the pic of him shirtless looking up at his both look the same? There is a reason the media got blasted for that you know?

I don't know what shirtless pic in particular you're talking about, but yes, IMO, when I look at the pic of him as a 12 year old and pics of him closer to his death, his PHYSICAL appearance, at least his face, looks exactly the same to me. IMO MOO OMO IMHO OPINION! and all that.

GZ would never have a problem passing a lie detector test because he truly believes he has done nothing wrong. You can see this in his interview with SH. He sounds very believable. jmo

Polygraphs and voice stress test's are too unreliable to me. They may help in guiding an investigation sometimes but not always. Like when LE is trying to identify a suspect. They already knew that GZ was the suspect.

I rely on evidence and not those test's myself. MOO.

GZ would never have a problem passing a lie detector test because he truly believes he has done nothing wrong. You can see this in his interview with SH. He sounds very believable. jmo

That is the defenses case. He believed in his mind he was in fear of his life. The law says you must aquit in that sense, the end.

The case is so very simple. Was the use of force justified for self defense? Yes or no? Was he getting beat up? Was he on his back? Did he sustain some injuries, no matter how slight?

All the evidence says yes to all those questions.

Please know that I am not trying to argue with you, but I also thought I saw MOM with GZ on the interview. What I saw were clips of the interview on CNN either this past Wednesday or Thursday night. I could be wrong but that is what I "thought" I saw. I remember being surprised at seeing him there.

You are correct. Mark O'Mara was in fact sitting there with Zimmerman during the Sean Hannity interview and was stated as being Zimmerman's lawyer.

This is possibly part of the info she was trying to hide:

Article Excerpt:
Orlando-based computer forensics expert Richard Connor was able to unlock data contained in Martin’s cell phone. Connor used Cellebrite software to delve into Martin’s phone and access “secret text messages,” including .bin files which contain “all the data, all the files” in a cell phone’s memory. That data was not reported in the analysis of Martin’s cell phone turned over by the state.

Connor testified that according to the text messages, “Mr. Martin was either trying to purchase or sell a handgun.” Connor said that Martin was looking to purchase a gun between February 18 and February 22, days before he left to visit his father in the Sanford, Florida neighborhood where he was shot on February 26.
He said Martin was attempting to obtain a gun from a person going by the name “Diamond” — a known nickname for Rachel Jeantel, the young woman who was on the phone with Martin moments before he was shot.

http://dailycaller.com/2013/07/09/judge-to-consider-allowing-martins-texts-in-zimmerman-case/

Well IMO that would be impeachment IF true and IF the defense was allowed to present this to the jury...Another reasoable doubt to me..but unfortunately not know to the jury

BBM. Good point. Jodi Arias did the same

Thank you - I've been thinking the same thing about Jodi Arias not lawyering up to talk to LE. And didn't Casey Anthony do the same thing? All of them seemed calm, and seemed to believe what they were saying (and they might have believed themselves) - it always seems an odd choice, but I'm not a lawyer.
In my opinion, not lawyering up to speak to LE does not mean a person is not guilty, nor does it mean a person who many think is guilty will be found guilty.

I didn't follow that trial. Did JA call a NEN before she killed Travis? JMO. OMO. MOO.
Nope...she was in a fog. :0

ETA: I think the point was not lawyering up being a sign of innocence. Hope that makes sense.

That makes sense. Maybe a better parent would have worried sooner. I have trouble judging other parents so that's why I have trouble judging the Martins too harshly. I have a mom who wouldn't might have been the kind of mom to wait until the next morning thouhg i don't know for sure. Depends. But I think in this case people are a little too hard on Tracy. Maybe because when I hear that call I feel nothing but sympathy because he has no idea that he's about to find outthat Trayvon is dead. Whether he wasn't the best father or not, you can tell he still loved him. It makes me so sad to hear that call.

Yes he LOVED his son, there is no doubt on that. I love the photo of him kissing Trayvon. So sad. Undoubtedly there are alot of "whatifs" on his mind.

Not exactly. Zimmerman never takes police to the actual spot where he shot and killed Trayvon. He does however look over to the actual spot during the walk through with LE.

So not the exact spot but close? That's good enough for me. MOO.

The guy from Cellebrite was testifing about the data extraction of the hidden texts messages. There were 6 messages about buying or selling guns and he said the user id names on these messages. One of the names was diamond.
IIRC, didn't Dee Dee use the alias name diamond Eugene.

Hmm, interesting. I think he testified at that late night hearing, right? I didn't see all of that, I'll YouTube the rest of it today. Thanks

IMO

So not the exact spot but close? That's good enough for me. MOO.

Not for me when he looks over to the exact spot but neglects to show them the exact spot. Of course the spot he stopped at was closer to the T and seemed to bolster his story more than the spot where the killing actually occurred.

MOO

Thank you - I've been thinking the same thing about Jodi Arias not lawyering up to talk to LE. And didn't Casey Anthony do the same thing? All of them seemed calm, and seemed to believe what they were saying (and they might have believed themselves) - it always seems an odd choice, but I'm not a lawyer.
In my opinion, not lawyering up to speak to LE does not mean a person is not guilty, nor does it mean a person who many think is guilty will be found guilty.

GZ was being questioned immediately...
Arias had plenty of time to come up with a b.s. story...imo

Except that Zimmerman makes the statement "these a@@holes, they always get away" before Trayvon takes off running, Zimmerman gets out of his car and follows Trayvon. So yes, I agree that Zimmerman was not going to let this a@@hole get away like the others have. Zimmerman admits to following Trayvon. Why did Zimmerman follow him?

Zimmerman call to non-emergency police line - YouTube

So, trying to keep the person, or "a-- h--e" in sight..... is wrong how? All he was doing was keeping an eye on him till LE arrived. That is not against the law, and could be very helpful. If GZ lived in my neighborhood I'd be perfectly happy with that. Any night I look out my window and I see someone, anyone, darting between houses I'm going to call 911 and keep an eye on them. I sure as heck won't just go sit on my rump and say it isn't any of my business. The guy that lives next door to me just had his car window broken out, and his rifle stolen off the front seat. What did the cops say when they came out? They said, "we've had several break-ins in your neighborhood, and it's unsettling to think they now have a gun"! If I had my choice of living next to GZ or TM, I'll take GZ!

That is even lower than I would expect from the media. I hope the jurors are able to stay anonymous is they wish. If there is an incident, the media will have blood on its hands.

I read somewhere the Judge was going to keep their names anonymous for 6 months. I don't think their names should be made public.

The things he said in the Sean Hannity interview make me think GZ is less than human. He said, "It was God's will." He says there is nothing he would do differently if he had it to do all over again. That's disgusting! (IMHO)

Zimmerman Says it Was God's Will, No Regret For Trayvon's Death - YouTube

Here's one clip of MOM sitting with GZ on the interview. Whether he was GZ's attorney then, I do not know. I thought it was strange that MOM would be representing GZ after hearing GZ say that he had no regrets.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
butiwantedthatname