Verdict Watch Thread Saturday July 13

Status
Not open for further replies.
In order for them to convict him of 2nd degree murder, doesnt he need to show ill will, hatred or spite? So couldnt the jury believe it wasnt in self defense because he didnt show any of those traits in his head so therefore they would acquit him of 2nd degree murder but potentially not manslaughter?

He was given a TEN DAY SUSPENSION. That is a serious penalty for a student. And there is also a question of him possibly 'fighting' others in the recent weeks and even a text discussing buying a gun. I think the jury should have been aware of some of the computer activity. JMO

Oh, I agree. But the reason I was asking, is because it was used to say that TM's parents didn't deserve prayers for losing a son or having to deal with this. And I just don't agree. But, that's just my little opinion. :)

And I think it should have been allowed in, along with all and every possible thing that GZ had done in the past as well.

The jury can't just guess at what happened. If they can't figure out whether Trayvon or George started the fight, they have to give George the benefit of the doubt.

So while GZ was being beat so bad, his head being slammed against the sidewalk and Trayvon straddling him, GZ somehow had time to get his gun out and shoot Trayvon right in the chest. If Trayvon was that close you don't you think he didn't try to get the gun from GZ? If Trayvon was overpowering GZ, then Trayvon should have been able to get the gun away from his chest and point it away from himself.

I think you just proved that GZ was completely overpowered and that GZ had no choice. It seems to me from the evidence that TM had already beaten GZ that GZ was scared, Pinned down, No one was there to help even with him yelling, and it gave him no choice. He did not have to allow TM to beat him to death or nearly to defend himself.

just an FYI Twitter
New Tweets
12s
Kathi Belich, WFTV @KBelichWFTV
The jurors' meals are here. Court is in recess for an hour. #Zimmermanon91 Retweet Expand

Self defense is defense to manslaughter. MOM made it clear that if they decided there was enough doubt in favor of self defense, then he must be acquitted.

This is why I think the manslaughter charge was meant to confuse the jury. Many times we hear of people being charged with manslaughter because they hit someone with their vehicle. Certainly that's not self-defense.

In this case, I don't believe manslaughter was a proper choice by the State. Plus, many think if it as a lesser crime than murder, but the sentence can be just as long.

The jury can't just guess at what happened. If they can't figure out whether Trayvon or George started the fight, they have to give George the benefit of the doubt.

Yes, that's reasonable doubt. Hopefully the jury will understand that. MOO.

-
Diana Tennis @TennisLaw
Yes excusable homicide includes defense from felony being committed against you, that is not defined for jury.

Actually, the defense wanted all or nothing. The judge asked GZ if he understood and he had to answer before she would take the lawyer's word for it.
The prosecution then moved to add manslaughter and tried to add the kitchen sink.

Even today, GZ has appeared as if he is in a trance. That was most evident when the judge asked him if he had made his decision as to whether he would testify on his own behalf. He has a remarkable ability to "space " or "zone" out. That day it was if he woke up out of a deep sleep (or dissociative state) and said, "at this hearing." I was like "WTF, it's the real thing now George...this is your trial, man!" The judge politely said, "in this TRIAL."

It is most bizarre how his expression rarely changes. IMO.

Here is the deal. Say if any and all of these women jurors had a teenage son shot dead. Do you think they would feel justice was served with the exact same circumstances if the shooter walks home to his family while there family member is a pine box?
Easy answer isn't it.
IMO

Lawyers are now saying they didn't understand the Defense attitude about Manslaughter as part of the sentence consideration because it is a mandatory inclusion in a charge of Murder 2.

IMO

:twocents: Yes, I am very emotional about this issue because the issue of being able to defend one's self is very important to me, and is very important to many other people as well ...

Also, I believe that GZ was unfairly "railroaded" by "mob rule" and "media rule"... the laws of self-defense should have applied and not the "mob's laws" ...

GZ had every right to defend himself when TM attacked him ...

I support GZ and every one else's right to "self defense" when attacked ...

All My Opinion and MOO !

And if GZ grabbed and held TM's arm first (which we don't really know), would it have been okay for him to protect himself?

I find it odd that TM punched with his left hand although he was right handed. The only way I would do that, is if I couldn't use my right hand. JMO though.

Those are not the only two options.

Why do people feel the need to boil down opposing opinions with "you're just emotional and irrational"? That is just too simple.

Exactly! It's offensive to me that members keep referring to other members here as emotional, when they side with guilty. Now, they are saying that about the jurors. It's not right.

Also, the same people who said MOM was "brilliant" in his closing, are saying he didn't properly address the manslaughter charge and may have been "cocky".

I think we all need to respect each other and the jury. Saying an opinion or verdict is "emotional and irrational" if it's guilty is demeaning to others. :twocents:

Oh, I agree. But the reason I was asking, is because it was used to say that TM's parents didn't deserve prayers for losing a son or having to deal with this. And I just don't agree. But, that's just my little opinion. :)

And I think it should have been allowed in, along with all and every possible thing that GZ had done in the past as well.

Oh, his parents absolutely deserve all of our prayers and condolences. No question about it. Agreed. :rose:

Originally Posted by Wolfpack Fan View Post
Yes, that's reasonable doubt. Hopefully the jury will understand that. MOO.

My opinion as well

I think you just proved that GZ was completely overpowered and that GZ had no choice. It seems to me from the evidence that TM had already beaten GZ that GZ was scared, Pinned down, No one was there to help even with him yelling, and it gave him no choice. He did not have to allow TM to beat him to death or nearly to defend himself.

GZ had plenty of choices imo he just chose all the wrong ones.

One of the lawyers just said that if the jurors thought it was self-defense for murder 2, then it's self-defense for manslaughter. O'Mara should have explained this better in closing arguments.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rypie15