Verdict Watch Thread Saturday July 13

Status
Not open for further replies.
You may have started to notice that I am handing out time outs like candy on Halloween.

Really, on behalf of our moderators, we are done.

Time outs like water. We might end up with 3 people posting but maybe that will get the message.

Thank you.

Yes I am in a grumpy mood why do you ask?

Is it just me or does it sound like GZ is answering the judge with Yes, SIR? I swear I just heard that. Also, the other day, when she was asking him questions. It sounded like he addressed her as sir.

Thanks!

I agree.

To be honest, even if someone feels that self defense doesn't apply to this case, I don't think that the state has proven either murder 2 or manslaughter. MOO.

Yes. Exactly. They did not prove either of those to me. They proved to me with their own witnesses that GZ had a reason to be terrified and shot to protect himself. They did not prove to me he wanted anyone dead, or was reckless with his weapon. Certainly not that he was a mean minded vigilante.

The more evidence I poured over, the pictures, I don't see any of it beyond a reasonable doubt. All I can see is doubt.

IMO, Trayvon's father never knew he left the house. He was supposed to be staying with his father's girlfriend's son while his father and the girlfriend went out to eat. His father had ordered pizza for him and the girlfriend's son. After his father left, he decided to go to the store. A lot of us are asking why the father didn't check on Trayvon when he and his girlfriend came in. I think he thought Travon never left the house that night. He didn't find out until the next morning. JMO

Is it just me or does it sound like GZ is answering the judge with Yes, SIR? I swear I just heard that. Also, the other day, when she was asking him questions. It sounded like he addressed her as sir.

Thanks!

I have always heard yes your honor....but he speaks softly.

Thanks!

Is there a live feed going on in the court room? or anywhere else that pertains to this case?

GZ looks to me ,imo, and 25 yr experience in working with adults with serious mental illnesses , appears as someone with significant PTSD appearance, and depression..look at his affect it is flat..he is functioning, he is not psychotic , but as some have commented seems " not there" ( take that JA) but again jmo

Maybe he is simply on some kind of drug to prevent panic attacks or something?

IMO

Thanks!

I heard him do that the other day. Today I haven't seen him when he addressed her. I'd say it is nerves. I would probably say "yes mam"

JMO

Thanks!

I thought that too! But I figured out he's saying "yes your honor" the last part trails off at your...and it does sound like yes sir. They call the female police chief "sir" on "Castle."

The jury can't just guess at what happened. If they can't figure out whether Trayvon or George started the fight, they have to give George the benefit of the doubt.

I didn't realize this. Thank you for clarifying this for me. I have been confused about the nuances of the charges given to the jury. The lawyers seemed to only address Murder 2 in their closings, so Manslaughter was not covered so much IIRC. :seeya:

Is there a live feed going on in the court room? or anywhere else that pertains to this case?

The court is in recess for what was an hour - wesh.com will have it up when they are back in session after dinner hour. I also have cnn on the tv however there is about a minute time lag on my station compared to what is online. (Talk about obsessive having both ready..LOL also told my DD I had no time to chat when she called) (Pathetic)

IMO

And if GZ grabbed and held TM's arm first (which we don't really know), would it have been okay for him to protect himself?

I find it odd that TM punched with his left hand although he was right handed. The only way I would do that, is if I couldn't use my right hand. JMO though.

Sucker punch, maybe? The surprise element? Plus, a person doesn't just fight with one hand.

imo

BBM

You are probably correct in your reason and I'm sure this is not the first time it has been done. I just wish that attorneys would not play games in a court of law. It is not fair to the victim, defendant, or jury. The jury might have already reached a verdict if they had not had to decide on the 2nd degree charge and started directly with the manslaughter.

Jury instructions ( I think I heard there are 25 pages in this case) are very hard to comprehend to most people who aren't versed in law. They should not be confused by having to decide on other things if the Prosecution didn't really believe they could get a conviction.

JMO
I can't agree more. I think that if any lessons are learned from this case and it doesn't matter what the outcome is, this business of overcharging needs to be addressed.

In my opinion it perverts our criminal justice system by manipulating the jury process. MOO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member