Verdict Watch Thread Saturday July 13

Status
Not open for further replies.
One thing I can say for this jury, they are taking their job seriously. No 9-5. I'm glad for that.

saw every minute of the trial, i would not be able to convict zimmerman on either charge;

i dont know what happened from the time the 911 call ended to the time there are witnesses reporting them on the ground fighting.

did zimmerman exaggerate and/or lie about some things? yes i think he did.

do i think its possible zimmerman instigated the fight in some manner? yes i think it is.

do i think its possible martin started the fight? yes i do think it is possible.

do i think the state proved to me that it could not reasonably have been self defense? no i do not think they proved that.

most of all what i want in a trial is honesty from both sides and justice to be served.

during rebuttal when the prosecutor said repeatedly that it was a "physical impossibility" that zimmerman could have reached his gun while martin was mounted on top of him that was a blatant misrepresentation of facts and could easily be referred to as a lie.

if the jury were to return a verdict of guilty of 2nd degree murder and say that they considered that in their decision it would be a travesty.

very sad to see that kind of thing go on in a court room.

They haven't said they are ready to quit today. They have been deliberating for 12 straight hours and plan to keep going. So it appears the end may be in sight.

IMO

I would be surprised if this jury holds over until the morning. I think that there is only one, possibly two, jurors holding out. If they ask a specific question about manslaughter and the judge answers it, it'll be over soon afterward. MOO.

Sowwy. I find humor is the only way I can get over what happened in that case...

Yes, me too - which is why I laughed. Then I thought - no way do I want to think about him right now.....it's all good.

Okay so I never want to think about him....:blushing:
IMO

I am very fit and if my freedom were on the line I would be sweating too! Besides I would love to see how in shape you'd be after sitting in a cell most of the day for as long as he has.....

He was in a cell for just a few days. He's been out on bail for a year or so.

I am very fit and if my freedom were on the line I would be sweating too! Besides I would love to see how in shape you'd be after sitting in a cell most of the day for as long as he has.....

Though Zimmerman hasn't been in jail anyway... he's been at home.

I have 2 cousins in prison right now... both went in overweight and both are in great shape now.
I have one who got out in great shape and gained weight after he was out. :facepalm:

When you are in jail you have plenty of time to work out... since you aren't doing much else. :twocents:

I would be surprised if this jury holds over until the morning. I think that there is only one, possibly two, jurors holding out. If they ask a specific question about manslaughter and the judge answers it, it'll be over soon afterward. MOO.

Yes, I am thinking and hoping they are coming down the home stretch. Not sure if there are holdouts - to me it would be like women to be checking and double checking their decision before it's final.

IMO

"We obtained a copy of George Zimmerman’s application to join the Seminole County Sheriff’s Office Citizens Law Enforcement Academy.

In it, Zimmerman writes that his “father is a retired Magistrate Judge for the supreme court (sic) of Virginia.”

Read more: http://www.abcactionnews.com/dpp/news/crime/zimmerman-dad-worked-as-magistrate#ixzz2YyNoPKsl

Perhaps this is where the confusion comes from. Zimmerman (George) had said that his dad was a Magistrate Judge.

There's a huge difference between a magistrate judge and a "judge Judge." Especially in state court. That was my only point. Calling him a Judge, implies that he was what people usually think of when they think "Judge."

jmo

Need some clarification if anyone knows the answer ... TIA !

I saw a tweet that said the jury ordered dinner -- but did they say what time they would deliberate until tonight ?

And does anyone know IF they will deliberate tomorrow, Sunday ?

TIA !

:seeya:

The Judge is being very flexible with the jurors. They can go as long as they reasonably like tonight and can deliberate tomorrow, too.

What ya all think should be the sentence for getting out of your vehicle?

10 yrs
20 yrs
life?

IMO

For getting out of a vehicle? None. For shooting an unarmed teenager that he followed twice and tried to apprehend (IMO) and then shot and killed? 20 years to life.

MOO

It's not uncommon to reach a decision, then sleep on it before making it official. :twocents:

The Judge is being very flexible with the jurors. They can go as long as they reasonably like tonight and can deliberate tomorrow, too.

i keep thinking that they feel they may be close to a verdict and that is why they are continuing late.

no idea if that is correct but it seems quite possible.

Is it just me or does it sound like GZ is answering the judge with Yes, SIR? I swear I just heard that. Also, the other day, when she was asking him questions. It sounded like he addressed her as sir.

Thanks!

I heard that too! That's what I mean...it's like he is not there at all.

Yes, he does seem to be scared #@($*$%@#. Quite different than the night he killed Trayvon. That night and the following day, he had a flat affect, no emotion and didn't seem scared at all. To save himself from prison, he sure seems different. I think we might actually be seeing FEAR in him for the first time. JMO

Yup so much so he went to work, and school, the next day, I don't get it :banghead: He just killed someone, was in the police station being questioned, should have been in the hospital, but hey that is just my opinion. UGH!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
butiwantedthatname