Verdict Watch Thread Saturday July 13

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know about ice cream but I have to take a bit of time off the board and make something to eat. Nothing since breakfast - nine hours ago.

I always watch HLN, and I always get my panties in a wad. Last night I watched Fox News, and it was so peaceful, calm, and informative. I'm going back there right now.....but on an off note.....Nancy Grace just said F'n C--ns on live TV. She has now stooped to an all time low.

I couldn't believe she said that out loud, no bleeping or abbreviating. Yowzer!! Totally not necessary.

Poster said he bashed his own head on concrete. Go back and read it again. First sentence. I repeat: Who would do that?! Doesn't need further discussion IMO.

They meant bashed their own head on the cement in the middle of the fight by slipping and falling or something along those lines. Not that he just laid there and hit his own head on the cement.

Yes, a person can do that.. They can hit their own head on the pavement when in a fight just from moving around. GZ was making it sound like TM was grabbing his head and pounding it into the pavement but he can't say, when asked, how it was done. If I were on the bottom of a fight near pavement and I'm trying to get out and I'm fighting the "attacker" I can easily band and scrape my head on the pavement.

Again I ask posters, especially the female ones, "have you ever been in a fight? Have you ever taken a real hit? Have you been pinned down on the ground and felt how helpless it feels?" It helps to have had such experiences when trying to determine how people might process things.

Things happen in milliseconds and you don't always remember every slight detail, just that you were scared - fighting someone off - or making sure they never got up or something, but not every little detail. The main point is that the evidence shows TM was in a superior position and dealt the majority of blows. George took blows - TM did not take any physical blows and it was AFTER this altercation that a gun was used by the party in the inferior position.

Galanos was saying the Zimmerman family was clearly emotional when the manslaughter question came back.. Understandably!! Can't Manslaughter get anywhere from 10-30 years?

Poster said he bashed his own head on concrete. Go back and read it again. First sentence. I repeat: Who would do that?! Doesn't need further discussion IMO.

Reading the entire post that is in question explains what the post was about. So yes, IMO, an explanation would be nice as to why the exaggerated OMG was used.

MOO

I've watched the entire trial, and from the git go the state did / said several things that really peeked my curiousity. One, they said GZ armed himself with two flashlights. I saw the alledged flashlights and what he planned to do with a keychain light is still a mystery to me. Why would the state who is suppose to find the truth use thiss as a potential weapon. I say desperation.

Number two, they treated almost all of their own witnesses as hostile witnesses. Why? I say because they thought they could intimidate them on the stand. I think from the beginning it was not hard to get an impression of politics pulling the strings, and the state thought these players would play into their hands. There is a reason that they didn't and it's because they told the truth which upset the prosecution. JMHO

What is amusing to me about that.. is he never used them on anyone. He carried them because.. Wait for it.........

It was dark... :eek:

No one understands verdict watch quite like other WSers. :rockon:

My husband wanted to watch a movie tonight but I can't bring myself to get immersed in one and be cut off from TV and Internet, not knowing what's going on.

Maybe I should just have Nancy Grace text me since she seems to have the inside scoop as to what the jurors are doing and thinking.

Agreed! I took a couple phone calls today, told the callers I'd have to get back to them tomorrow. Didn't explain why. They wouldn't understand, but WSers do!

Her show is TAPED LIVE 2 hours earlier. So it is live when she is seeing it. But it is old when we see it replayed on TV. Hope that makse sense. JMO

I disagree. When NG is shown it says LIVE on the screen then when it cuts to the previous courtroom action the LIVE is not on the screen. That is the way I tell if she is really LIVE or if it was previously recorded. Right now she is speaking to a guest at the courthouse and it is dark. It was not dark in Florida a few hours ago if it was taped. JMO

This Frank Taffe guy is annoying.

---------
OMG! truer words were never spoken.:stormingmad: I havent been able to watch Nancy, Dr. Drew, or JVM for a week I cant stand him! IMO he thinks he is the only one who knows anything. If B^llch#t was music, he'd be a brass band!:pullhair:
:seeya:

She is just guessing based on the manslaughter question.

I know I just HATE how she states her opinion as fact. And acts like we're live in the courtroom when the footage she's showing is from hours ago.

Just the facts, ma'am, mmkay? Please? I mean, is that really too much to ask?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member