Verdict Watch Thread Saturday July 13

Status
Not open for further replies.
That is debatable..

It is up to us to take testimony and pull it apart and see what we find credible and what is not.

I find some of it credible because there are times she quotes him.. But then there are times she seems to add commentary and that is what I discount.
BBM Because she knows what is in evidence?

Judge Jeanine on FNC...

Side Note: The jurors completed their dinner about a half hour ago (still deliberated during dinner). No response to the court on the manslaughter clarification.....I am sure they must have a coffee pot in deliberation room. I know after I eat dinner, I'm getting sleepy.....

I was on a jury for a week last summer and our jury room had a little fridge, coffee and tea, a sink and microwave, and a TV to watch tv during lunch.

The bailiff brought us home baked cookies one day.

I practically wanted to move in!

No. because it is not me saying so.. It is actual testimony. I am not making it up or stretching it. Her actual words are..

" HE SAID HE AT.... "

It is not my spin. I have no reason to want to spin anything.

This may be uh...maybe a cultural difference? For lack of a better term.

My family lived in a complex of townhomes and if someone would have asked where I was (as a teen), after I had walked to a store, I may have answered at my mom's (even if I was only inside of the development).

I don't think they will announce their decision tonight, even if they come to one. I bet they sleep on it, and discuss it again tomorrow. JMO

I have. And it was 4 in the afternoon. And it was terrifying.

I was followed after school one day in the middle of the day in the middle of a neighborhood and I was in extreme fear for my safety. It was terrifying. I can't imagine how scary it would be to realize someone is watching/following you in their car and then they've actually got out on foot.

Because there is no reason to say At, unless he said it to her.. Around, Near are descriptions that she makes.. But when she quotes him.. she says.. AT. because that is what TM told her.

Exactly, and I think we all remember when she corrected the defense when DW said "What are you following me for?" and she corrected him selveral times saying "NO, he said, why are you following me for?" It shows she was sticking to her story as to what she wanted out there pertaining to what TM allegedly said to her.

Yes. we do know many many facts in this case. Especially if one listened and watched the entire trial.

How do you know who did what and where? GZ's version. Do you know who followed who? Who instigated the interaction? How do you know that? No one else was there but TM and GZ.:twocents::moo:

No. because it is not me saying so.. It is actual testimony. I am not making it up or stretching it. Her actual words are..

" HE SAID HE AT.... "

It is not my spin. I have no reason to want to spin anything.

I think RJ got sick of West asking her the same thing over and over again and she just simplified and generalized her answer. IMO

Have you ever been assaulted? or under threat? I am not asking to be snarky but to give you reference..

I have. And it feels like it is forever. Hits to the head feel incredible. They shake you and stun you. When you are being hit they may hit you a couple of times but it feels like forever and it hurts. I don't know that you are counting. You are surviving..

It is a horrid feeling to feel someone have that kind of control over you and be hurting you like that.

In the dark, Alone, Bring held down on the ground and beaten, I can only imagine what that felt like. Struggling and getting hit and screaming for help and no one is there.. No one..

Im sorry. I would be in fear for my life and person.
Have you ever been a teen in a neighborhood and some guy is following you, you think you lose him and he shows up again. You are doing nothing wrong but talking on the phone headed home from 7-11, with some candy and an Arizona drink, with the All-Star game and the score on your mind. Then the guy confronts you again...I would say that I would be in fear of my life. I can't imagine the fear in Trayvon! Alone, in the dark, raining out, being hunted down, profiled, followed...

I firmly believe the GZ grabbed Trayvon, not wanting another #^&%#%$) to get away. Don't forget that RJ testified that Trayvon said GET OFF, GET OFF! If we are going to believe every word she says, we have to believe this is factual as well. Can't have it both ways.. MOO

If you close your eyes, the woman in the hat (Miss Ali) sounds JUST like Wanda Sykes! IMO.. Just wish she was as funny :(

No, I do not have a right to hit someone because they are following me, but then again if I feel like my life is in danger, then I can shoot to kill, right?

No one saw the beginning to end of this fight, we are left with a big "fill in the blank" For all we know GZ could have pushed TM but no one saw it happen so everyone assumes that it was TM who gave the first blow and that someone is GZ.

Do you mean, you have reasonable doubt as to how it transpired?

How do you know who did what and where? GZ's version. Do you know who followed who? Who instigated the interaction? How do you know that? No one else was there but TM and GZ.:twocents::moo:

All of those unanswered questions add up to reasonable doubt. MOO.

That's a good point. Either we decide that her testimony is entirely truthful, or we decide to only use the parts of her testimony that is corroborated by other evidence.

I'm going with the parts that match up with other testimony and evidence because she has been caught lying. MOO.

ETA: I'm speaking about Rachel Jeantel's testimony.

I vote disbelief and pc police Do Not follow me ..jmo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member