Verdict is in

Status
Not open for further replies.
OH MY GOSH!!!

YESS!!! Thank you thank you!

That was complete justice.. I know it will not help The Martins.. But that case was not proven!

I saw how you were getting a rough ride a while back and couldn't get in here fast enough to give you a lil support.

This is truly justice.

I am happy; they did not prove their case. The jury got it right
That being said, I am saddened the Martin's lost their son and I pray for them tonight.
I pray for the Zimmerman family as well as this will not be easy for them either since this is a verdict many did not want.

I think GZ will be fine as he will no doubt find a way to profit.IMO
My fear is that he will feel so empowered that he causes harm yet again.

IMO

Please pray for safety for the jurors and the Zimmerman's. I am so afraid for them.

The problem is that the state was wrong to charge him. They only charged him due to pressure.

under the LAW GZ met the requirements for self defense under Florida law.

That is the end of it.

The state did not prove it to the jury just like they did not prove it to many of us who watched the trial and only got our information from there.

My heart hurts for Trayvon's mother. I am not rejoicing.. I am glad that the jury followed the evidence. But I am not happy that his parents are broken from the loss of their son.
Nothing will ever make that better. Ever.

His life did matter. This has nothing to do with that.

I am sad for TM. I am sad for his family.

But justice does not mean the people get to convict because someone died. There has to be cause.
SS, I really respect your opinion, but can you please respect mine. Just let it be. TIA
oxoxoxo

MSNBC is fanning the flames right now. If there is violence it is on them, imo. They are saying that this verdict means that black men's lives are worthless in our society now. AND THAT IS NOT WHAT THIS VERDICT MEANS.

He just has NO emotion.... He still has a flat affect... I mean he cracked a small smile, but I feel there is something that is going on mentally with him..... MOO

He may be on an anti-depressant. I take one for GAD (I refuse to take any type of benzo) and it is difficult for me to show emotion-am I "mental"? JMO

Why would GZ no acknowledge his family or his wife when walking past them? That is so strange.

For me there is no cause for celebration. Lives were changed forever, one ended. This was just a perfect storm of miscalculations and misunderstandings and it ended tragically. I am sorry for the Martins of course. I'm also sorry for the Zimmermans.

I'm only happy for Mark O'Mara because he is a very good and respectable defense attorney who brings dignity to the profession and deserves the spotlight (as opposed to my opinion that Jose Baez should never be on any TV show).

Shocked. Disgusted. God Bless America - there are many lessons that need to be learned.
Violence +Violence = More Violence.

May God be with Trayvon Martin's parents. The American justice system has failed them.

IMO

My heart breaks for the Martin family. However sending a man away for 30 years who was in fear of his own life wouldn't have made their pain any better. Heck in our case where the guy cold blooded murdered my friends and was convicted and sentenced to the DP it still doesn't make it better. Nothing ever will. IMOO

He may be on an anti-depressant. I take one for GAD (I refuse to take any type of benzo) and it is difficult for me to show emotion-am I "mental"? JMO

Could explain a huge weight gain. Some of these meds make people put on weight.

The right decision was made by the system. Too much reasonable doubt here...

I think I feel worse than I did before the verdict was read.

No matter what the verdict, I wouldn't have been "happy". The whole damn thing is just so sad all around.

Prayers for ALL involved.

I am sick from hearing this- sets a very dangerous precedent. Anyone can shoot anyone now. And some will. Never going to Florida again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lover305