NM - Tera Chavez, 26, found dead in her Los Lunas home, 22 Oct 2007 - #2

CUCKOOHEAD

Reaction score
Except in OJ's case....5 hours after over a year of testibaloney.

Right! I'm sure there are many others but C Anthony sticks in my head. Didn't one of the jurors want to wrap the trial up so that he/she wouldn't missed the cruise they had planned? G Zimmerman is another, though I didn't follow that one.

We really need to have a good discussion about the media and the legal system (I have a lot to say lol) but I do agree they could have held that article off at least until the jury began their deliberations.

I suppose we have to remember that there are some folks with power that do not want him convicted simply because he's a cop and that not only looks bad but will probably help the Cordovas in the civil suit and the city is on the hook for millions. So yeah, there are some who wouldn't mind seeing a mistrial declared and then pressure the DA not to retry.

I hope the jurors have been good girls and boys over the weekend and avoided all media and makes Serna look like a loony old man when he starts caterwalling about the article. :)

I hate the fact that the jury has had to wait all weekend with the closing arguments. I hope they haven't forgotten Ms Keener's strong final last words.

I have struggled all weekend on which way it will go guilty or not guilty. I don't think LC gave a very strong case on the witness stand. LC came across as a week little boy and not very convincing. I pray the jury saw this as we did.

I will have to admit that sometimes I think LC could have beaten Tera down mentally with all the affairs. Therefore she could have committed suicide.

I really do think that LC wanted Tera out of his life, he was tired of her. So he killed her.

This is why I go by and forth with the guilty and not guilty. I will not be surprised if the jury does go with a not guilty. I can see it both ways. I don't see this as strong of evidence as was in the Seacat trial.

This is all just my opinion!

Good Morning All!!
I hope everybody had a nice weekend. We had rain--which seems to be the daily norm for us this summer.
I have a dental appointment at 2pm but that should be about the time the jury breaks for lunch their time. However, should I return home to a guilty verdict I will be thrilled, even though I missed it.
After Ms. Keener's final closing on Friday, I am feeling much better about the outcome of this case. I hope she impacted the jury the same way she impacted me.

Oh, court is set to start at 8:30 a.m. their time so adjust your mental clocks. ;)

We really need to have a good discussion about the media and the legal system (I have a lot to say lol) but I do agree they could have held that article off at least until the jury began their deliberations.

I suppose we have to remember that there are some folks with power that do not want him convicted simply because he's a cop and that not only looks bad but will probably help the Cordovas in the civil suit and the city is on the hook for millions. So yeah, there are some who wouldn't mind seeing a mistrial declared and then pressure the DA not to retry.

I hope the jurors have been good girls and boys over the weekend and avoided all media and makes Serna look like a loony old man when he starts caterwalling about the article. :)

I may be thinking wrong but I think the city already settled their part of the civil suit for $230,000.00. Without admitting guilt. The Cordova parents got the settlement.
I read somewhere last week that the Ray Shultz, the Albuquerque police chief throughout all of these years of various scandals announced that his retirement will be sometime late summer or early fall of this year. As well he should, and when he retires he needs to move to the Himalayas and reflect upon all of his own wrong-doings.

I may be thinking wrong but I think the city already settled their part of the civil suit for $230,000.00. Without admitting guilt. The Cordova parents got the settlement.
I read somewhere last week that the Ray Shultz, the Albuquerque police chief throughout all of these years of various scandals announced that his retirement will be sometime late summer or early fall of this year. As well he should, and when he retires he needs to move to the Himalayas and reflect upon all of his own wrong-doings.

I recall reading that last week too, but they also said in court that the civil trial was on hold, so is it now only against LC and all other parties settled?

I recall reading that last week too, but they also said in court that the civil trial was on hold, so is it now only against LC and all other parties settled?

Yes the Cordavas have a separate case for wrongful death against just Levi.

According to the Poll on WildAboutTrial for guilty of LC for Murder:

Yes is almost 90%
No is about 10%

Are we not going to get any video this morning? No tweets or updates from the courtroom on KOAT's page either.

ETA: Now I have a weather radar loop playing.

Are we not going to get any video this morning? No tweets or updates from the courtroom on KOAT's page either.

ETA: Now I have a weather radar loop playing.

I just noticed on the KOAT website there is no red bar on the top of the page that says Live Courtroom Coverage or it was something to that affect. So it looks like we are on our own. I do hope they have tweets at least so we can know what is going on. I feel lost.

So I typed in livewire.koat.com then I saw the link for courtroom coverage of LC trial and the feed is showing a weather radar map because they are having storms. Then at least we can follow any new tweets. I hope the lights don't go out.

7:42 AM
TwitterAnna V @Anna_Velasquez
Good morning. Jury deliberations begin today in the #levichavez trial. Will get a start time as soon as I know.

At least I know the up to the minute weather in Albuquerque, that was my main concern.....:banghead:

Seriously though...give us something! So used to watching "seals" while waiting (although this trial was different in every aspect I suppose).
Anyone think they will bring back the verdict today?

I have video now, no clue what's happening, the sound just came on and alerted me. lol

9:42 AM
Anna V @Anna_Velasquez
Good morning. Jury deliberations begin today in the #levichavez trial. Will get a start time as soon as I know

Oh, you have video because I decided since they were not going to stream this that I would go get my errands done for the day....once I decided that OF COURSE video came up....You are welcome :floorlaugh:

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pabo1998
Back