MI MI - Jessica Heeringa, 25, Norton Shores, 26 April 2013 #7

Status
Not open for further replies.
:back::back:
In these days of caller ID, auto-redial, etc., it's hard to imagine why LE wasn't able to determine who the caller was or where the call originated. I can't imagine any law enforcement agency not being equipped to quickly identify a call that they receive. While most folks would dial 911 in an emergency, some people still call their local police or sheriff for non-emergency concerns. Norton Shores police must know where that call came from and should have made an effort to question the individual who claimed to have information about Jessica. :moo:

In the crime dramas I have watched you have to stay on the phone for a certain period of time for the call to be traced. The hang up call was very brief.:seeya::back::back::back::back::back::back::back::back::back::back:

:back::back:

In the crime dramas I have watched you have to stay on the phone for a certain period of time for the call to be traced. The hang up call was very brief.:seeya::back::back::back::back::back::back::back::back::back::back:

The length of the call shouldn't matter. I see a caller's name and/or phone number on my caller ID before I even pick up the phone. Wouldn't law enforcement offices have similar identification systems? :moo:

:ufo::ufo:
The length of the call shouldn't matter. I see a caller's name and/or phone number on my caller ID before I even pick up the phone. Wouldn't law enforcement offices have similar identification systems? :moo:
Usually phone systems etc are put in when the building is built and not changed much. The city employees are given money to operate the building but not to upgrade it. And very little for repairs. In any case criminals dont buy phones they steal them. So any ID would identify prominent visitors such as VP Biden who loose them.:seeya::ufo::ufo::ufo::ufo::ufo::ufo::ufo::ufo::ufo::ufo::ufo:

:ufo::ufo:
Usually phone systems etc are put in when the building is built and not changed much. The city employees are given money to operate the building but not to upgrade it. And very little for repairs. In any case criminals dont buy phones they steal them. So any ID would identify prominent visitors such as VP Biden who loose them.:seeya::ufo::ufo::ufo::ufo::ufo::ufo::ufo::ufo::ufo::ufo::ufo:

No offense, but I can't believe the Norton Shores Police Department does not have caller ID.
IMOO.

I keep checking in, trying to think of something helpful, and it seems I have nothing. I wonder does the fact that the police have not named any suspects is because they have none? So disheartening.

If LE does have suspects but nothing to prove their suspicions, the silence would probably be the same as having no suspects. Either way, they seem to be in waiting mode, just hoping for a valid tip. I never thought this case would "disappear" so quickly.

Did anyone ever travel the potential routes the van may have went after approaching Airport Rd to look for surveillance cameras that may have captured the van to report to police? I sure hope the LE did this. If they didn't they are incompetent. Usually the footage rewrites over itself after 45 - 60 days.

I can't go anywhere without seeing cameras everywhere where I live.

I did. The same day I took pics of the Exxon area. It's really difficult because if you go straight, you only drive maybe 2/10 of a mile and then have 3 choices: right onto business rte 31 which turns into I96 (which goes straight across the state, west to east, at 70 mph), left a little then right onto Getty Street (which takes you deeper into Muskegon through residential and business areas) or left and stay on biz31 and possibly go into Muskegon, Muskegon Heights or Roosevelt Park.

OR he could have turned left on Airport, which is residential aside from airport property and a cemetary. Or right on Airport, which also leads to an I96 exit or residential/business areas.
The airport and cemetary have cameras, I am sure. But I couldn't physically see them.

The websleuths on the ground are really important. I personally talked to a student home for three weeks vacation from the area in July and she or her other relatives in the area had not heard of Jessica. I also understand the posters are almost gone. The case started so well and now it appears to be in need of a big break.

The websleuths on the ground are really important. I personally talked to a student home for three weeks vacation from the area in July and she or her other relatives in the area had not heard of Jessica. I also understand the posters are almost gone. The case started so well and now it appears to be in need of a big break.

I cant believe your friend and her relatives had not heard of Jessica's disappearance. It was all over the news, the area was blanketed with flyers, and was the topic of much conversation ( I work in Muskegon and for a while it was all people talked about) Your friend's family must live in a vacuum. But, now, the flyers are much less obvious. I think if people knew anything ( that they were willing to say...) they would have already. I think, sadly, it is a waiting game...

I cant believe your friend and her relatives had not heard of Jessica's disappearance. It was all over the news, the area was blanketed with flyers, and was the topic of much conversation ( I work in Muskegon and for a while it was all people talked about) Your friend's family must live in a vacuum. But, now, the flyers are much less obvious. I think if people knew anything ( that they were willing to say...) they would have already. I think, sadly, it is a waiting game...

I don't find it that shocking. So many people avoid or ignore the news altogether and only see what comes up on their mobile screens. If their home page news is a national one, for instance, they would likely have missed Jessica. Yes, you would think they would hear of her if they lived in or near Norton Shores. But not throughout the state, unless you are a news watcher or happen to see a flier.

I am still seeing flyers all over. I drove to Shelby Saturday and saw 2 flyers in store windows. Shelby is over half an hour north. Last weekend I went to Holland and saw a flyer in a downtown coffee shop. Holland is 40 minutes south. I see them in Muskegon area businesses still, but I haven't seen them in vehicles like I did in the beginning.

I did. The same day I took pics of the Exxon area. It's really difficult because if you go straight, you only drive maybe 2/10 of a mile and then have 3 choices: right onto business rte 31 which turns into I96 (which goes straight across the state, west to east, at 70 mph), left a little then right onto Getty Street (which takes you deeper into Muskegon through residential and business areas) or left and stay on biz31 and possibly go into Muskegon, Muskegon Heights or Roosevelt Park.

OR he could have turned left on Airport, which is residential aside from airport property and a cemetary. Or right on Airport, which also leads to an I96 exit or residential/business areas.
The airport and cemetary have cameras, I am sure. But I couldn't physically see them.
Good. Thanks. Lets hope LE has the video. I have been paying more attention to my surroundings lately looking for cameras where I live. They are everywhere, on businesses, near highways, near road construction sites, etc. Surely the van was captured on video elsewhere.

Before I ever joined websleuths there was a man who drove around in town with a christmas tree on his truck roof. The months went by and the same "dried out, brittle dead tree" was still perched up on top of his truck.
I had the opportunity one day to ask him "why" and he looked at me, giving me a little smile but did not speak. He drove away.
He continued to keep that tree on his truck for a long, long, time-maybe 2 years or so but what I did eventually notice is he had a missing poster of Brittany Drexel in the back window of his pickup and still had it last time I saw him.

The man eventually opened up his tree business and I never had the chance to speak with him again but guess he was "advertising" calling attention to himself so people would not forget his crazy self. God bless him for remembering Britt, who disappeared from Myrtle Beach, SC. She has not been found and her case remains unsolved.

The missing posters come down, fade, blow away...the news stops, LE has new crimes to solve, first a month, then 6 months, then a year and life goes on. I think locals & businesses could come together and help keep Jessica out there in the public.
Maybe a billboard?

Just is so odd that there were no searches, I wish LE could have invited Tim Miller TES. I just refuse to believe enough was done. The FBI did not even get involved. Some missing get so much help and attention and others are just doomed from the start. What is written in the stars...

It seems extra wrong in this case to have it go so quiet. I really want Jessica to be brought home.

Thinking of you Jess!

If the friend is a college student, it comes as no surprise that he/she knows little about what's going on in the world. While news media is more easily accessible than it was when I was in college in the late '60s/early '70s, between going to class, studying, working part-time, social life, etc., there is little time to catch up on the news. For many folks, news is not a priority, and I meet people all the time who don't know about high-profile court cases or other headline news. :moo:

If the friend is a college student, it comes as no surprise that he/she knows little about what's going on in the world. While news media is more easily accessible than it was when I was in college in the late '60s/early '70s, between going to class, studying, working part-time, social life, etc., there is little time to catch up on the news. For many folks, news is not a priority, and I meet people all the time who don't know about high-profile court cases or other headline news. :moo:

And I actually know people that prefer Not to watch the news as it is Depressing to them.
Knowledge is power to me, but that's me. IMOO.

They don't have time to watch the news, yet probably spend hours on FB or watching reality shows. It takes a few minutes out of one's day to check out a news website. Most people who don't watch the news are proud of how ignorant they are, and think it's "cool" that they don't know what's happening in the world. The ones who don't know major news events because they don't own a computer or TV or have no time to actually use them are rare.

I'm passing along this info about a female missing from Gallipolis, Ohio along the Ohio-West Virginia border.

I don't think this is related to Jessica, but I do wonder if her job working at a car wash attracted a predator.

OH OH - Lisa Miller, 43, Gallipolis, July 2013

OH OH - Lisa Miller, 43, Gallipolis, July 2013 - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

Gallipolis PD on the search for missing woman

http://mydailyregister.com/view/ful...Gallipolis-PD-on-the-search-for-missing-woman

Woman Reported Missing in Gallipolis

http://www.wsaz.com/news/headlines/Woman-Reported-Missing-in-Gallipolis-215072981.html

The same thing happened here with Jessica Ridgeway. Al though her story was all over the news, there were still people who didn't know she had been abducted from our neighborhood. Some people just don't watch the news!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JR Rainwater