GUILTY CO - Leann 'Annie' Meyer, 51, Wheat Ridge, 23 Feb 2013

Well, from what I gather, Annie's cell phone, laptop and I think an iPad are missing. But the cops will be able to track the towers that the cell phone texts went through. And if any of those devices have a "locator" option active, then they might also be able to track their last known location.
I also imagine they've processed Annie's vehicles and if either one was used to carry her body, they likely have that evidence, as well.
MM may be able to shield herself by pleading the 5th for now, but you can bet the cops have a mountain of evidence pointing toward her that she won't be able to deny for much longer. And the cops certainly aren't going to tip their hand by talking to the media about what information they have, lest MM destroy more evidence.
What's fuzzy to me is, why didn't she file a missing person's report or at least call Annie's friends or family to begin with? Did any of Annie's friends stop over at Annie's house when they noticed that she hadn't been around? Where was her best friend?
At this point, I'm thinking that the cops will continue to gather evidence, and unless they stumble upon something damning, they'll simply just wait for MM to screw up and/or confess.

I've read a bit but haven't posted on Annie's thread. I just watched the video of mm being confronted by Annie's friends, and my gut tells me it's all bull*%^>. She's a fast talker and her spin tool is drama-I'd really be surprised if she has attempted to take her own life since Annie went missing--she is just trying to distract them.

The best part is when she says she has been in constant contact with the detective and carries his card in her pocket all the time...dig/pat/dig/dig..."wellIdon'thaveitonmenowbut"

The story of the bloody nose tells me she spent some time cleaning up blood from the vehicle. They'll catch her.

I just noticed Annie's from St. Peter, MN and Dave Noren is from Mankato, MN. They are both small towns less than 15 miles from each other. Both went missing from within 5-10 miles of each other. In each case foul play is suspected. In both cases their roommates have been mentioned as suspicious and left town soon after their disappearance. Strange! Obviously it could all be coincidental... but in one article Dave's mom mentions he had fallen in with a rough crowd... I wonder if the cases are connected and this "rough crowd" could be to blame in both - maybe being from the same area they knew each other or had mutual friends?

strange...

Did MM's child live at the house with her and Annie??? Regardless. MM says something about child going to school every day in tears??? Its no wonder!!! Plenty of inappropriate stuff being discussed in front of child during the video...

It's sad at first but then disgusting.

Poor kid.

sounded like MM is staying with her mother MT, and FT...not sure whose child that was?
could it be a grandchild? of hers

We have heard very little about MM's personal life. I wonder if she has (had) a job or any income of her own when she was living with Annie. What other vehicles did or does she have access to? She said she got up at 0600 every morning and looked for Annie. Did she drive, walk, take a bus or did that not happen?

My theory is that Annie was incapacitated (drugged, poisoned or other) and taken to the drop area in her own vehicle. 2. Taken to drop area in own vehicle and then was disabled. 3. Was taken to drop area with a vehicle not yet named.

We have heard very little about MM's personal life. I wonder if she has (had) a job or any income of her own when she was living with Annie. What other vehicles did or does she have access to? She said she got up at 0600 every morning and looked for Annie. Did she drive, walk, take a bus or did that not happen?

MM seemed to portray herself as being in a relationship with Annie (from the covert video... she didn't want to live without Annie, and MM claimed she loved Annie more than her other friends did). If we assume MM was involved romantically, what would be the cause... a domestic brawl? Is there any reason to think MM may have been injured around that time? Does her claim of attempting to commit suicide possibly fit into that (or is the timing completely wrong)?

Also, do we have any reason to think (other than MM's words) that the two were involved? Is MM just lying? Or was MM obsessed with Annie? Jealous, perhaps?

MM seemed to portray herself as being in a relationship with Annie (from the covert video... she didn't want to live without Annie, and MM claimed she loved Annie more than her other friends did). If we assume MM was involved romantically, what would be the cause... a domestic brawl? Is there any reason to think MM may have been injured around that time? Does her claim of attempting to commit suicide possibly fit into that (or is the timing completely wrong)?

Also, do we have any reason to think (other than MM's words) that the two were involved? Is MM just lying? Or was MM obsessed with Annie? Jealous, perhaps?

MOO I think MM may have been asked to relocate, move out of Annie's home, for whatever reason. That alone could have just pushed the wrong button for MM. Think about being almost 50 and having to move back in with your folks, after almost 3 years of freedom, room and board. MM also appears to lean toward self justification concerning her actions. That would lead me to believe jealousy would quickly rear it's angry, ugly head. Strange things happen when people think they are #1 then find out others do not feel the same. This would not necessarily be a quick action, but could have been planned out in stages, especially if a deadline (such as moving out) was given.

The video was a little confusing, but MM said she tried to kill herself, was admitted somewhere for 10 days and "just" got out. I thought the attempt was much earlier, but those words made it sound like it was within the past few weeks. Somehow it is difficult for me to believe she made a sincere effort of trying to harm herself. That or harming others are actions I would not wish on anyone. She really needs to talk to someone soon.

I wondered about this, too. But the media is usually very quick to highlight what kind of relationship people have with each other and it leads me to believe that family and friends of Annie had made it clear that Annie and Melissa were "just roommates". Yet, that doesn't mean that Melissa viewed it that way. Maybe she thought they had something special until Annie asked her to move out and Melissa just went off the deep end. That's obviously a guess on my part. Judging from just the video, I get the impression that Melissa's version of "reality" is one most people can't share in.

I wondered about this, too. But the media is usually very quick to highlight what kind of relationship people have with each other and it leads me to believe that family and friends of Annie had made it clear that Annie and Melissa were "just roommates". Yet, that doesn't mean that Melissa viewed it that way. Maybe she thought they had something special until Annie asked her to move out and Melissa just went off the deep end. That's obviously a guess on my part. Judging from just the video, I get the impression that Melissa's version of "reality" is one most people can't share in.

The comment above that she loved Annie more than her other friends did is a strange comment for an adult to make. Sounds like a small child talking. I agree with your ideas on the relationship.

From Twitter. Must be a press announcement, because all the local channels are saying tune in at 5pm for the story.

CBSDenver ‏@CBSDenver #BreakingNews: Roommate of Annie Meyer, woman found dead in Park Co, has been arrested in connection with the death. @StanCBS4 has more at 5

Will link up story once there's one posted

From Twitter. Must be a press announcement, because all the local channels are saying tune in at 5pm for the story.

CBSDenver ‏@CBSDenver #BreakingNews: Roommate of Annie Meyer, woman found dead in Park Co, has been arrested in connection with the death. @StanCBS4 has more at 5

Will link up story once there's one posted

This is great news!!!

So pleased to read this. Maybe now MM will find it in her best interests to start talking

I'm so thankful LE has been right on this. Hopefully we will get justice for Annie and her family.

RIP Annie

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288