SIDEBAR #15- Arias/Alexander forum

Status
Not open for further replies.
Confused much? Last night, KPHO said their station would definitely be televising the status conference. The court order reads 8:30 a.m. Wild About Trial informs us there will be no live coverage and the start time is 10:30 this morning. HLN also stated there would be gavel to gavel coverage there.

My son, Shadoe, called into his school for this semester's schedule, found out he already had his associates and was 5 courses away from his bachelors. Looks like he needs something in Urban studies and the other 4 in whatever art medium he chooses. He's continuing his classes online since he moved back here and so he can enter the Spring show (Academy of Art, San Francisco).
He started 5 years ago, no real direction, just finding his passion.
Shadoe has made some great connections in many different art fields. The heads at Comic Con caught wind of his vinyl work about a year ago, they started to show case his work and their new store in Colorado will open with some of his pieces. Shhhhh....he's one of the finalists as "Break-through-Artist" in the Designer Toy Awards....he got the call 2 days ago....shhhh!
Pretty bizarre, my kid, the "toy maker"!!!! His work has made it's way across both oceans and down to Brazil.
His real passion is bronze.........I'm thinking about getting him a mig welder, although I'd love an acetylene so I could put up some pipe fencing :rockon:
Between him and his girlfriend, their flying somewhere every 2 months for a writer's conventions (Leaky Con, Portland) and art showings (San Diego, Nov., and New York, Oct., Comic Con) and somewhere is the Designer Toys deal.
This is Shadoe...........he's the kid in the plaid with the beard......
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=p2j0Z55_KPM#at=32

Wow, that's amazing! Congrats. :smile:

Confused much? Last night, KPHO said their station would definitely be televising the status conference. The court order reads 8:30 a.m. Wild About Trial informs us there will be no live coverage and the start time is 10:30 this morning. HLN also stated there would be gavel to gavel coverage there.

Right? I don't believe it won't be aired.. Unless it is in chambers.. as a statue hearing.. That I get.

But if it is a full on hearing, I can not see why it would not be aired.

From WAT :

1m Wild About Trial @WildAboutTrial

Heading down to #JodiArias courthouse in a bit. This will NOT be live streamed or televised sorry. I will be live tweeting the hearing.

@WildAboutTrial
Heading down to #JodiArias courthouse in a bit. This will NOT be live streamed or televised sorry. I will be live tweeting the hearing.

Bah.. humbug

:seeya: Just checked WAT ... nothing yet ...

Anyone else have any "news" on this hearing ?

I was hoping we would get to see Juan :juanettes:

I do wonder how the Judge will be able to find jurors who are not only impartial but also courageous. It seems to be that since some folks are not able to accept jurys' verdicts and threaten and intimidate jurors post-verdict that people more than ever will find excuses to never serve on a jury. I don't blame them.

I almost wish the Judge could decide the penalty for Arias. I say almost because what Travis' family wants is still top priority for me. I want what they want.

I honestly think they can do it. This case, even as big as it's become, is not near as big as either the Zimmerman or Anthony trials. I think it's definitely possible that there are people in Arizona still who have not heard of this case or know very little about it. You wanna be careful of the ones that don't watch the news though as they seem to be generally less informed and lacking in common sense. There is always the danger of stealth jurors, but the court seems pretty good at weeding those out though. But that's my biggest worry.

But I agree with an OP, as much as I truly want her to get the DP and hope she does, I don't care anymore as long as after this she is gone and hauled off to her home for the rest of her life, the state prison. There the world will move on without her and, like I said before, she'll just be another blip. In 10, 15, 20 years no one will care about her anymore. Sure we'll still talk to her from time to time, but she'll more or less be forgotten. I can't wait. That's going to be an absolute hell for her worse than death. She'll still have her admirers, and she'll still probably manage to get out a tweet from time to time or write a blog. But not near as many people will care what she has to say and it won't be in the news. Her tweets aren't even front page news anymore.

So yeah. All this just needs to be over and done with. I'm glad they didn't go for a deal with her. She doesn't deserve to be dealt with. And what can they lose by getting a new jury in? Either way, she's never getting out.

This judge could use some serious lessons from the Zimmerman Judge. She televised EVERYTHING!! It was very interesting to say the least.

RSBM..

You wanna be careful of the ones that don't watch the news though as they seem to be generally less informed and lacking in common sense.

Hi MeeBee :seeya:
I have to respectfully disagree with the quote above. I find that when I do not watch the news coverage on a high profile trial, I am more inclined to listen to the facts of the case instead of the MM's lies and bias.

RSBM..

Hi MeeBee :seeya:
I have to respectfully disagree with the quote above. I find that when I do not watch the news coverage on a high profile trial, I am more inclined to listen to the facts of the case instead of the MM's lies and bias.

Hey Heather!!!!

Well, I hope I didn't offend. I didn't mean people who don't watch news about trials, I meant people who don't watch the news in general, ever or who don't follow the news or what's going on in the world. Those are the ones who tend to stay less informed and maybe won't follow the same logic someone with more common sense does. Seems to me that was the problem with the Casey Anthony jury. That case was so huge by then that by the time jury selection started anyone in that county who hadn't heard of it must be the kind of person who keeps their head in the sand. I believe Jeff Ashton commented on that but I can't remember what he actually said.

I know I'm speaking in generalizations here and I don't mean to imply that all people who don't follow the news are knuckleheads or anything. But you get what I'm saying.

Hey Heather!!!!

Well, I hope I didn't offend. I didn't mean people who don't watch news about trials, I meant people who don't watch the news in general, ever or who don't follow the news or what's going on in the world. Those are the ones who tend to stay less informed and maybe won't follow the same logic someone with more common sense does. Seems to me that was the problem with the Casey Anthony jury. That case was so huge by jury selection that by the time jury selection started anyone in that county who hadn't heard of it must the kind of person who keeps their head in the sand.

I know I'm speaking in generalizations here and I don't mean to imply that all people who don't follow the news are knuckleheads or anything. But you get what I'm saying.

No worries! I am not easily offended :) You and I disagreed on the outcome of the Zimmerman trial, but we wholeheartedly agree about this trial. :seeya:

Hey Heather!!!!

Well, I hope I didn't offend. I didn't mean people who don't watch news about trials, I meant people who don't watch the news in general, ever or who don't follow the news or what's going on in the world. Those are the ones who tend to stay less informed and maybe won't follow the same logic someone with more common sense does. Seems to me that was the problem with the Casey Anthony jury. That case was so huge by then that by the time jury selection started anyone in that county who hadn't heard of it must be the kind of person who keeps their head in the sand. I believe Jeff Ashton commented on that but I can't remember what he actually said.

I have a hard time finding confidence in people that are totally ignorant of what's going on in their own communities. IMO it shows a huge disconnect and level of indifference and that concerns me.

I have a hard time finding confidence in people that are totally ignorant of what's going on in their own communities. IMO it shows a huge disconnect and level of indifference and that concerns me.

Thank you that was well said. I was having trouble finding the right words.

No worries! I am not easily offended :) You and I disagreed on the outcome of the Zimmerman trial, but we wholeheartedly agree about this trial. :seeya:

It is definitely nice to come back here where about 99% of us are on the same page (the good side) lol. It's nice! missing my Juan.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
crimedeepdives23