16 July 2013 status conference discussion thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
They're probably begging...JW is probably stomping her feet...KN is probably cleaning his glasses with his tie waiting for the judge to hand him his treat.

WagaraTapaTalk

:floorlaugh::floorlaugh::floorlaugh:

From WAT :

1m Wild About Trial @WildAboutTrial

I parked right by the Kilt to assure prompt exit after burger extravaganza. Nurmi and WIllmott coming out of chambers. #JodiArias

58s Wild About Trial @WildAboutTrial

#JodiArias left chambers as well and is sitting down. Hair is in a bun. Judge is here.

39s Wild About Trial @WildAboutTrial

Jodi is standing up, she was jingling quite a bit. #JodiArias

10 s Wild About Trial @WildAboutTrial

Nurmi just did a chicken wing. He is standing. Judge says there are unresolved issues. NO firm trial date set at this time. #JodiArias

I feel quite pathetic. Here I am eagerly waiting for the tiniest bit of news for which I have to endure hearings which usually start late and end up taking place in chambers.

:facepalm:

Wild About Trial ‏@WildAboutTrial 35s
There will be another conference in late August and judge wants to get trial going in late September. #JodiArias

Expand

Chris Williams ‏@chriswnews 38s Judge Stephens cites a number of scheduling issues. Sets a late Aug case mgmt hearing. Judge wants trial start in late Sept. #JodiArias

:floorlaugh:
Laura Kay Akridge ‏@HashtagHag13 1m
@robynd323 @bythesea_1 Of course, it's Prison Fashionista 101 - "Have chains and Maybelline" #JodiArias

I swear, these tweets crack me up!!!!! :floorlaugh:

Wild About Trial ‏@WildAboutTrial 18s
Judge wants the trial to begin in late September but is waiting on additional info before that is a realistic choice. #JodiArias

Expand Reply
Retweet

Favorite

More

Wild About Trial ‏@WildAboutTrial 42s
Nurmi just did a chicken wing. He is standing. Judge says there are unresolved issues. NO firm trial date set at this time. #JodiArias

Expand

Sigh

September would be a great birthday present for me.

What can possibly be unresolved

Sent from my 'alternate reality' using my hippocampus

‏@********* 48s JUDGE NEGOTIATING A DATE FOR RETRIAL OF DEATH PENALTY PHASE

From WAT :

1m Wild About Trial @WildAboutTrial

Judge wants the trial to begin in late September but is waiting on additional info before that is a realistic choice. #JodiArias

1 m Wild About Trial @WildAboutTrial

There will be another conference in late August and judge wants to get trial going in late September. #JodiArias

I know we discussed this before, but I really think this separate jury for sentencing is stupid and inefficient. How do you take this trial and summarize it adequately? You can't! If you're JM, how do you convey the moral bankruptcy of the whole defense presentation in a week or so?

Personally, I think it should just go to the judge. No way JSS is going to sentence Arias to LWP, little chance the state would actually execute her in my lifetime, so she's going to wind up doing LWOP anyway.

Late September..........

Well better than expected but probably an eternity for the Alexander family regardless.

Dare I say that it works well with my trial schedule though since AS's trial coming shortly?
(I know, pathetic)

From WAT :

1 M Wild About Trial @WildAboutTrial

Monday Aug 26th is the date for the next status hearing case management conference. #JodiArias

So even the idea of starting in 'late' September is just that..an idea, a thought.

I'll be shocked if that happens. January is what I think.

Tweets

Wild About Trial ‏@WildAboutTrial 7s
Court is adjourned. Yet another exciting hearing in the #JodiArias trial. See you all in August I guess.

Expand

Wild About Trial ‏@WildAboutTrial 1m
Nurmi is doing a floating left handed chicken wing fist pump move as he explains he needs more time to respond. #JodiArias

Expand

Tweets

Wild About Trial ‏@WildAboutTrial 7s
Court is adjourned. Yet another exciting hearing in the #JodiArias trial. See you all in August I guess.

Expand

Wild About Trial ‏@WildAboutTrial 1m
Nurmi is doing a floating left handed chicken wing fist pump move as he explains he needs more time to respond. #JodiArias

Expand

I know we discussed this before, but I really think this separate jury for sentencing is stupid and inefficient. How do you take this trial and summarize it adequately? You can't! If you're JM, how do you convey the moral bankruptcy of the whole defense presentation in a week or so?

Personally, I think it should just go to the judge. No way JSS is going to sentence Arias to LWP, little chance the state would actually execute her in my lifetime, so she's going to wind up doing LWOP anyway.

That's a good point.

I'm left-handed and, when I wear a watch, I wear it on my right hand so it will not interfere with my writing.

steve krafft ‏@SKrafftFox10 1m #jodiarias #fox10 5PM august 5 the reply will be due. Note: Jodi has hair piled in a bun.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong