16 July 2013 status conference discussion thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree, but my opinion is only based on the experience of Wilmott and Nurmi usually getting their way and wasn't 2014 their request?

They wanted January and being the optimistic person I am I think there is a good chance it will start as early as January 2014. *rolls eyes*

So even the idea of starting in 'late' September is just that..an idea, a thought.

I'll be shocked if that happens. January is what I think.

:seeya: I agree, rose !

The defense is going to do anything and everything they can to delay this !

:please: :please::please: for Travis and his Family !

The case Juan is trying against the ex-cop that killed the guy and his dog.... it is suppose to be lived streamed. Starts end of the month iirc.

Oh I do hope so, I could watch him allll day....in a non creepy stalker kinda way :floorlaugh:

Sent from my 'alternate reality' using my hippocampus

MC Superior Court ‏@courtpio 9m
Attorneys and defendant #JodiArias just walked into courtroom. Judge is on the bench.

MC Superior Court ‏@courtpio 7m
Judge Sherry Stephens said she is reluctant to set a firm trial date at this time. Set another pretrial conf for August 26th at 8:30.

MC Superior Court ‏@courtpio 6m
Judge Sherry Stephens said she is still hoping for a September trial date in #JodiArias

I wish I could CUSS!!:stormingmad:

They wanted January and being the optimistic person I am I think there is a good chance it will start as early as January 2014. *rolls eyes*

I agree too, they stalled their way through the entire trial and got what they wanted a lot of the time. I'm not holding my breath for anything taking place this year. Jan 2014 it is.

Never seen a case drag on so long. Almost wish the jurors had at least decided on life.

This delay certainly helps JA as people will forget the horrors of her crime. But then Juan the genius, the GREAT one has more time to come up with an amazing case for death. May I sing 'Where do you go to my lovely? When you're alone in your bed. Tell me the thoughts that surround you...' to Juan? lol.

I must say, as much as I was able to pay attention to the other high profile trial , every time I did see video I found myself being more and more impressed with Juan while watching both sides in the other case seem lost a lot of the time while presenting evidence (especially when it came to recordings ugh) even though they had a team of people on either side of the courtroom. Juan is BA to do it all alone and still keep it all together!

Well, hopefully she will stay in solitary til the next hearing.

Wish this judge would do her job and make a decision! She is way too wishy washy - especially when Travis' family is hanging on this trial to end before they can move on with their lives. I really tried to give her the benefit of the doubt during the trial, but now she is starting to annoy me - just pick a date and everyone will have to make it work! Jeesh!

Are the guards with shotguns around her for her protection?

I was wondering if the hold up for defense is the fact that they do not want to use AV and RS in the next phase of the trial and want JA to be reevaluated by another psychologist. Should not be a problem because she has already been found guilty. They just have to argue should she be put to death because of the psychologist's findings. That should not take 5 months IMO.

I still cannot digest what JA did. Isn't it almost unthinkable? How does a human being have the *whatever it is* to be able to physically stab someone so many times and almost behead someone? Almost 30 whole stab wounds. I can't believe it. It's so difficult to even pray (for us religious folk) for someone like this although it's people like her who need the most prayers. I just don't know how she could do something like that.
Calling it barbaric is putting it mildly.

I was wondering if the hold up for defense is the fact that they do not want to use AV and RS in the next phase of the trial and want JA to be reevaluated by another psychologist. Should not be a problem because she has already been found guilty. They just have to argue should she be put to death because of the psychologist's findings. That should not take 5 months IMO.

Hadn't thought of that, LambChop - Good thought! And no, I can't imagine they'd need 5 months for that! But I'm sure the defense will find a way...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Marlenewatches