16 July 2013 status conference discussion thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why couldn't the defense get a new psychologist to evaluate Jodi in the next week or two? By the end of next week, they could have witnesses like Darryl and Patti ready to testify. I think the whole reason Jodi's mom didn't testify is because she would have to talk about Jodi growing marijuana, hitting and kicking her mother (basically treating her mother like trash), kicking the dog, etc. Jodi left her parents' house at age 17 and never lived with them again. There's nothing good either parent can say about her IF THEY TELL THE TRUTH.
Add to tha.t the position JA takes that her mom is her abuser!
"Yes, I abused her terribly as a child, and that's why you should let her live." Maybe that doesn't work so well?

I respectfully disagree. She is giving them what they are allowed by law and protecting the case. She needs to make sure they can not ever argue, that she did not give them the right opportunity to defend their client.

After watching Judge Nelson in her whip through case, I think that had GZ been found guilty she left many many appeal issues open.

Where as JSS,has not.. She really is fair.

I agree with you but only to a point. There has to come a time where she says, "Enough. You have had plenty of time to prepare," and set a date. It's not like she's giving them a few extra hours, they've had weeks, months, to prepare for all of this stuff.

I completely agree, I think she's been great. Not biased against any one side and she's giving the defendant more than a fair shot which definitely leaves VERY little chance that this verdict and sentence, if death, will ever be turned over on appeal.

Fine, Great. Good. But is it too much to ask for her to light a fire under somebody's arse to get the crazy train moving again?

Hi Honeys!!!

So the status hearing that was scheduled at the last status hearing concluded with no status being established on the status...and in a month there will be another status hearing?

:banghead::banghead::banghead:

And it all went down at The Department of Redundancy Department - Twilight Zone, USA. Zip code: Deja vu.

I completely agree, I think she's been great. Not biased against any one side and she's giving the defendant more than a fair shot which definitely leaves VERY little chance that this verdict and sentence, if death, will ever be turned over on appeal.

I believe you're right- but the sidebars in this case were far too many. That in itself was a turn off too most people as far as the judge goes.

Wanted: crafty person to photoshop in JA's face with bun and umbrella bangs:

5619764_std.jpg

http://content6.flixster.com/question/56/19/76/5619764_std.jpg

OR:

tn-500_02.jpg

http://images.broadwayworld.com/upload/23134/tn-500_02.jpg

TIA :giggle:

the 2nd one omg :floorlaugh:

I agree with you but only to a point. There has to come a time where she says, "Enough. You have had plenty of time to prepare," and set a date. It's not like she's giving them a few extra hours, they've had weeks, months, to prepare for all of this stuff.

Absolutely. The DT has had five years to find mitigation witnesses. From day 1 it's been a deliberate and calculated attempt to drag this out for as long as possible.

I understand that JSS wants to exercise caution and discretion, but the fact that the case has the potential to exceed a calendar year, should the DT get their way is outrageous.

I believe you're right- but the sidebars in this case were far too many. That in itself was a turn off too most people as far as the judge goes.
And this indecisiveness was apparent even in her pretrial motions. Her cautiousness is waaaay overdone. A more experienced judge would have know which were, and which were not apealable issues. She has a problem with her confidence.

IMO

Fine, Great. Good. But is it too much to ask for her to light a fire under somebody's arse to get the crazy train moving again?

I am hoping she puts her foot down regarding the September. After 5 years, the defense should be ready for this, they should have been ready before. But the way I see it is she really wants whatever decision the jury makes against Jodi to be protected by her decisions. One wrong decision and Jodi could win an appeal. So if the defense says they need more time, give it to them. It won't change anything and she's not doing this for us. We can wait.

I know that everybody is concerned about the Alexanders too. I am as well. But right now they are home with their families getting back to their lives having put Jodi behind them for the time being and won't even think about her or care what's happening until the trial starts again. If it starts in January that could be even better, because it gives them more time to shake it off and get refreshed and come back after being completely drained by that 5 month ordeal.

Oh yes. Never seen so many sidebars. I wish she would just rule without them even if it's to the advantage of the Defense at times!

So what exactly was acomplished?

Good question. I suppose it was a "field trip" for CMJA. :stormingmad: I so badly want to see her with her hair done up in a bun. Wonder if we'll get to see a picture of that anywhere? Perhaps someone more talented than I am, will draw a sketch for the rest of us. :floorlaugh:

The thing is that you have to just think of it as she is serving her time. The least she will get is life. Well if she got that she is already there.. The most she can get is Death and even if she gets that she will still be in prison a long long time..

So she is not going anywhere.. Don't let her sleeping arrangements bother you. She is still going to be looking through bars until her last day.

All that hoopla just to be told to come back in another month. What a waste of time and money. Seems like it could have been handled with a phone conference call.

Well dang! Looks like, at least according to the first site I'm reading about the case, that Judge Stevens will also preside over the Richard Chrisman case that Juan is trying. So that'll probably take forever.

Well dang! Looks like, at least according to the first site I'm reading about the case, that Judge Stevens will also preside over the Richard Chrisman case that Juan is trying. So that'll probably take forever.

:eek:verreaction:

:)

Its all about the Alexander family and how they have to wait. I believe all of this stalling and the multitudes of needless sidebars is what people are against. YES she may be a good judge but she should have put down her foot about all the sidebars. Wouldn't you agree that it was over the top?

Never seen so much stalling and delays here. I guess I'm just anxious for the family more than anything. All of the court days and they still wait for justice.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member