16 July 2013 status conference discussion thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would guess that she would accept LWOP if the state took the death penalty off the table. Maybe the next jury will be given a good look at her behavior during and after the trial and give her the death penalty. That seems to be the only way for the Alexander family to get justice. She just won't shut up!

Has everyone noticed how the defendants have acted at other trials? All of them, except for a few crazy guys, have acted with respect. While ago, one channel was discussing this case. I glanced up, but I really didn't take the time to see if the video was from yesterday. All I noticed was that Jodi was right in Willmott's face. I couldn't tell if she was trying to kiss her or bite her. Can't you just imagine how she must have smothered Travis for over a year and a half? Friends talked about how she would kiss Travis's ear and neck when he was talking to a group of people. I honestly feel sorry for Willmott.

Gee, i wonder what plea deal she offered. So, she says she has offered three. Never heard about the second one just the first one where she was threatening to slander TA.

I think every plea she offers, includes the possiblity that she will one day get out. No way on that. If she offers LWOP, I believe the state will accept it. OR she can always roll the dice, and maybe get the DP. Either way, I'm happy!

I would guess that she would accept LWOP if the state took the death penalty off the table. Maybe the next jury will be given a good look at her behavior during and after the trial and give her the death penalty. That seems to be the only way for the Alexander family to get justice. She just won't shut up!

I think she has misunderstood the judge's deference to the defense (in limiting appealable issues by being very generous with them) and she may think JSS would be lenient with her sentence.

JA apparently won't take any deal that doesn't allow her the chance to get out of prison at some point, she doesn't just want DP off the table, she wants a deal that will let her out some day (even if it's 30 years with possibility of release). I don't think she'll sign anything that prevents her from appealing if it doesn't come with a chance for release, either.

But I think she's in for a large surprise if another jury can't decide and JSS has the sentencing choice, JA will never see the outside of those prison walls once inside.

Just moo

She's actually EATING her food now. She'll have to go back to a semi-starvation diet to try to look small and waifish again in front of a jury. Frankly, I think she looks MUCH better with the extra (i.e., normal) weight.

I think everyone looks better at a healthy weight. She may have still been eating before but was stressed about the outcome of trial and was still eating, but losing weight due to stress, now that stress is over.

Mean comment alert****

I don't call what I saw her do in that police interrogation video eating. That was extremely disturbing to watch. She devoured that pb sandwich like a caveman that just realized he could eat a live squirrel. :sick: It was scary disturbing to watch.

The judge has yet to rule on State's filed objection to all the defense delays. Has that objection, i.e., the document which went to the court, been released? Anyone seen it on-line?

This video shows today's courtroom proceedings in its entirety. The audio quality is very scratchy.

http://www.abc15.com/dpp/news/region_phoenix_metro/central_phoenix/jodi-arias-trial-update-arias-back-in-court-for-death-penalty-argument

Judge Stevens does mention motions already filed or refiled that have not been resolved. Towards the very end of the hearing, she refers to motions filed today.

An ex parte hearing was held today with the defendant and Judge Stevens said that she is unsure that issues raised during that hearing can be resolved by late September.

Wonder what the ex parte hearing was all about? Is there a possible motion in the works for a plea deal?

BBM above...thank you I was pretty sure I heard something about motions filed today. I read on twitter that ja was in chambers without her attorneys...not sure if that's true...if it is, I'd bet ja is saying she wants new attorneys......Ok, I read her tweet above and perhaps she was telling JSS she wanted a plea deal.....LOL....

1. Jodi Arias ‏@Jodiannarias39mThe State rejected my 3rd request for a plea to settle quietly and less expensively. Off to retrial we go. Sorry, taxpayers.

Jodi Arias ‏@Jodiannarias42m
A few of my dedicated haters came all the way 2 court 2day just 2 glare at me. I'm flattered. Thought it was I who had nothing better 2 do.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA:floorlaugh::floorlaugh::floorlaugh::floorlaugh:

Sorry--I totally lost it there!

Dear Jodi:

Please commit suicide as soon as possible if you are truly worried about the taxpayers.

Ask your lawyers about what issues you have control over--here's a hint: You do not have ANY power to suggest the State to offer you a plea. You have to do whatever Juan wants you to do--and that's another sentencing trial with the death penalty as the grand prize.

Your opinion/wants/needs are completely irrelevant. You have no say in what happens next.

Love,
Lara

P.S. Those aren't "haters"--they care nothing for you. They are there for Travis and to remind you that you will forever be known as a conniving, psychotic stalking murderer. Nothing else. Ever. Your life is over no matter WHAT the final sentence turns out to be.

Okay can we try harder not to mention "that trial that can't be named" when we do our posts.

I know it is hard sometimes not to and it SNEAKS OUT but we really, really need to try harder unless we have been told it's okay to do so. And if I were a betting lamb I'd say chances are NEVER. I believe other trials are okay to mention but this particular one :shush:

What trial can't be named?

So she's back to tweeting with more twisted communication.

I stumbled on the email below from CMJA to Travis that was dated 5/16/08. I recall hearing snippets of it, but I don't remember really focusing on it. The email is notable given the date it was written and the content. CMJA is all over the map in trying to define her relationship with Travis and her feelings about their relationship, past present and future. One can only imagine what it must be like to try to deal with this sociopath. Reading it, I keep wondering which way is up, that is how manipulative she is.

I've bolded a few lines where she keeps insisting that they are friends, but feels that Travis did not give her recognition as a girlfriend

Source: http://jodi-arias.wikispaces.com/Jodi%27s+email+to+Travis+May+16

May 16th, 2008

Travis,

Hey there, I feel like sharing this you, after all you are my friend. It’s been a bit of a sore subject for both of us in the past and sometimes it feels that it continues to be. But I hope you’ll understand where I am coming from. I really hope you can stretch your mind and heart for this and put yourself in my shoes for the moment. I’m not saying you have to stay there nor do you have to agree with me, but I think if you give it an honest and sincere effort you will surely understand the way I feel, and why it is I sometimes feel this way.

I know the tone of an email or text message can sometimes be ambiguous since the receiver is only interpreting what the tone of the sender would be if it were spoken, so please know that the spirit in which I send this is that of love, camaraderie and (?) (friendship).

Here goes ...

I realized after further introspection why it is that I asked you to give me a little mention in your next post as credit for the task of editing and grammar and typing the lengthy thing out. Partly, it is obvious. You gave your friend Katie a mention, and that was just for the intro. Logically, I am your friend, too. Your first chapter is at length much longer, and so being the human that I am, it would make me feel good to have a little recognition thrown my way. But it goes deeper than that. I know I should be over this by now, and on most levels I am, really. But I feel that I never got the proper “credit” or recognition I deserved as your girlfriend. You say it is because you’re a private person. You say it was because of Deanna. You say it was because you were rather attached to the reputation of being a single, eligible bachelor. I understand all of that, I really do, and that’s okay, hon. I don’t harbor bad feelings over any of that stuff, I’m serious. You may be asking yourself why then the lengthy email detailing all of this if that is in fact the case? Well it’s good thing this is in “writing” because if that is your question it has already been answered in the first paragraph of this email. Refer back to it if you wish. But my cry for a little recognition comes from a place within me that feels it was never adequately gratified in that it thirsted to be validated not just as some girl friend that you associated with, but as your girlfriend. I wasn’t asking you to give me credit for all of your greatness, no. If I had anything to do with that then it was only a very tiny part, if at all. Though I was beginning to wonder if you were going to be the type to subscribe to the philosophy that behind every great man there is a great woman (I think that philosophy is a two-way street by the way).

I find myself now wishing to be recognized as your friend, and I think that comes from the fact that there is a hesitancy on your part to grant me that recognition within your circle of friends.

I am going to digress a bit but I am going to try to fit it all together. Either way this isn’t so much about flowing as it is purging.

About your mode of operation with Deanna, I both appreciated it and despised it at times. I could care less now. It was a double-edged sword for you, I know, for me, as well. If Deanna was happy, Travis was happy, Jodi was happy. True you didn’t want to deal with her interrogation and emotions and in large part, you wanted to protect her. Easily understandable for me having the soft heart that I do when it comes to matters of romance and broken hearts. Protecting her? That is very characteristic of your (?) caring considerate side. You’ve shown that to me as well on countless occasions. You are a bit of a people pleaser and that has been to my benefit and not. Again, it is a double-edged sword. You go out of your way to do things for me that will make me happy and you consider my feelings when doing certain things. I also realize it gets you tied up in certain ways, this incident about your blog namely, when you didn’t even want to give my name a mention because of the unwelcome crap and comments you receive by your friends, Chris and Sky Hughes. So there is a bit of people pleasing going on it seems with none of your friendships beyond just the spectrum of ours.

Well, I’m going to make it easier for you. Given our history and the fact that we’ve dated and all, if any of your friendships should take the back burner, it should be the one you have to hide from others. Don’t misunderstand me. Remember the spirit in which I am saying this. I value your friendship as one the greatest treasures I have ever had the fortune of having, having knowing and experiencing. Have I mishandled it in the past? Guilty. Both of our back records have been tarnished but that doesn’t diminish how much we value each other and the inherent divinity that is within us.

When you are scrutinized, criticized and question about being my friend that’s one thing. It hurts us both, yes, but it is easily rectified by standing strong and firm in defence of our friendship. You’ve done that plenty of times. Even perhaps when I was undeserving of such defence. But when you have to censor our friendship for fear of the criticism you will receive as a result of it, then it becomes awkwardly and embarrassingly apparent that something is not right, especially when all it is, is a friendship. A friendship. We’re not secret lovers. It’s a friendship.

I am proud to call you my friend. I even brag about you to whoever will listen to promote you, speak highly of you and give you all of the accolades you’ve ever deserved any chance I get. I’ve never had to hide our friendship from anyone. Never, I would publish it in major newspapers nationwide and broadcast it on syndicated radio and national television.

You see, I have no shame in being your friend. And if anyone ever tried to guilt me, judge me, criticized me, harass me or otherwise give me an ounce of crap over it, I would put them in their place so fast they would never think to open their mouths about on the subject again.

I’m not saying you should feel or do the same. But because I am your friend first and foremost and because I care very much about your happiness and well-being I think you would be better off if you had one less person to worry about pleasing. I am sure that you can agree with that much. It is so simple to please me, it really is (it’s the little things that just make my entire day) but I haven’t always made it easy for you.

So I’m going to be proactive and remove myself from the list of people you have to worry about pleasing. Still friends? Of course, silly! We’re not about to dissolve a friendship that was firmly formed almost 2 years ago (likely long before that in the grander scheme of things aka The Pre-Existence). But here I am with the proverbial scissors cutting the proverbial strings of our friendship. We remain friends only now because of our free will to do so, not because we feel as though we are still tied to each other and have to be because of some imagined obligation or nicety.

This I believe will make your life a lot less stressful and all around saner. If anything it will be a weight off of your shoulders, one you’ve shouldered like a champ, believe me. You’ve done more for me than some friends that I’ve known for nearly 20 years. I love you and I will always be here for you as your friend and confidant. Take comfort in that if it brings you any.

Faithfully Your Friend,

Jodi Arias.

I stumbled on the email below from CMJA to Travis that was dated 5/16/08. I recall hearing snippets of it, but I don't remember really focusing on it. The email is notable given the date it was written and the content. CMJA is all over the map in trying to define her relationship with Travis and her feelings about their relationship, past present and future. One can only imagine what it must be like to try to deal with this sociopath. Reading it, I keep wondering which way is up, that is how manipulative she is.

I've bolded a few lines where she keeps insisting that they are friends, but feels that Travis did not give her recognition as a girlfriend

May 16th, 2008

Travis,

Hey there, I feel like sharing this you, after all you are my friend. It’s been a bit of a sore subject for both of us in the past and sometimes it feels that it continues to be. But I hope you’ll understand where I am coming from. I really hope you can stretch your mind and heart for this and put yourself in my shoes for the moment. I’m not saying you have to stay there nor do you have to agree with me, but I think if you give it an honest and sincere effort you will surely understand the way I feel, and why it is I sometimes feel this way.

I know the tone of an email or text message can sometimes be ambiguous since the receiver is only interpreting what the tone of the sender would be if it were spoken, so please know that the spirit in which I send this is that of love, camaraderie and (?) (friendship).

Here goes ...

I realized after further introspection why it is that I asked you to give me a little mention in your next post as credit for the task of editing and grammar and typing the lengthy thing out. Partly, it is obvious. You gave your friend Katie a mention, and that was just for the intro. Logically, I am your friend, too. Your first chapter is at length much longer, and so being the human that I am, it would make me feel good to have a little recognition thrown my way. But it goes deeper than that. I know I should be over this by now, and on most levels I am, really. But I feel that I never got the proper “credit” or recognition I deserved as your girlfriend. You say it is because you’re a private person. You say it was because of Deanna. You say it was because you were rather attached to the reputation of being a single, eligible bachelor. I understand all of that, I really do, and that’s okay, hon. I don’t harbor bad feelings over any of that stuff, I’m serious. You may be asking yourself why then the lengthy email detailing all of this if that is in fact the case? Well it’s good thing this is in “writing” because if that is your question it has already been answered in the first paragraph of this email. Refer back to it if you wish. But my cry for a little recognition comes from a place within me that feels it was never adequately gratified in that it thirsted to be validated not just as some girl friend that you associated with, but as your girlfriend. I wasn’t asking you to give me credit for all of your greatness, no. If I had anything to do with that then it was only a very tiny part, if at all. Though I was beginning to wonder if you were going to be the type to subscribe to the philosophy that behind every great man there is a great woman (I think that philosophy is a two-way street by the way).

I find myself now wishing to be recognized as your friend, and I think that comes from the fact that there is a hesitancy on your part to grant me that recognition within your circle of friends.

I am going to digress a bit but I am going to try to fit it all together. Either way this isn’t so much about flowing as it is purging.

About your mode of operation with Deanna, I both appreciated it and despised it at times. I could care less now. It was a double-edged sword for you, I know, for me, as well. If Deanna was happy, Travis was happy, Jodi was happy. True you didn’t want to deal with her interrogation and emotions and in large part, you wanted to protect her. Easily understandable for me having the soft heart that I do when it comes to matters of romance and broken hearts. Protecting her? That is very characteristic of your (?) caring considerate side. You’ve shown that to me as well on countless occasions. You are a bit of a people pleaser and that has been to my benefit and not. Again, it is a double-edged sword. You go out of your way to do things for me that will make me happy and you consider my feelings when doing certain things. I also realize it gets you tied up in certain ways, this incident about your blog namely, when you didn’t even want to give my name a mention because of the unwelcome crap and comments you receive by your friends, Chris and Sky Hughes. So there is a bit of people pleasing going on it seems with none of your friendships beyond just the spectrum of ours.

Well, I’m going to make it easier for you. Given our history and the fact that we’ve dated and all, if any of your friendships should take the back burner, it should be the one you have to hide from others. Don’t misunderstand me. Remember the spirit in which I am saying this. I value your friendship as one the greatest treasures I have ever had the fortune of having, having knowing and experiencing. Have I mishandled it in the past? Guilty. Both of our back records have been tarnished but that doesn’t diminish how much we value each other and the inherent divinity that is within us.

When you are scrutinized, criticized and question about being my friend that’s one thing. It hurts us both, yes, but it is easily rectified by standing strong and firm in defence of our friendship. You’ve done that plenty of times. Even perhaps when I was undeserving of such defence. But when you have to censor our friendship for fear of the criticism you will receive as a result of it, then it becomes awkwardly and embarrassingly apparent that something is not right, especially when all it is, is a friendship. A friendship. We’re not secret lovers. It’s a friendship.

I am proud to call you my friend. I even brag about you to whoever will listen to promote you, speak highly of you and give you all of the accolades you’ve ever deserved any chance I get. I’ve never had to hide our friendship from anyone. Never, I would publish it in major newspapers nationwide and broadcast it on syndicated radio and national television.

You see, I have no shame in being your friend. And if anyone ever tried to guilt me, judge me, criticized me, harass me or otherwise give me an ounce of crap over it, I would put them in their place so fast they would never think to open their mouths about on the subject again.

I’m not saying you should feel or do the same. But because I am your friend first and foremost and because I care very much about your happiness and well-being I think you would be better off if you had one less person to worry about pleasing. I am sure that you can agree with that much. It is so simple to please me, it really is (it’s the little things that just make my entire day) but I haven’t always made it easy for you.

So I’m going to be proactive and remove myself from the list of people you have to worry about pleasing. Still friends? Of course, silly! We’re not about to dissolve a friendship that was firmly formed almost 2 years ago (likely long before that in the grander scheme of things aka The Pre-Existence). But here I am with the proverbial scissors cutting the proverbial strings of our friendship. We remain friends only now because of our free will to do so, not because we feel as though we are still tied to each other and have to be because of some imagined obligation or nicety.

This I believe will make your life a lot less stressful and all around saner. If anything it will be a weight off of your shoulders, one you’ve shouldered like a champ, believe me. You’ve done more for me than some friends that I’ve known for nearly 20 years. I love you and I will always be here for you as your friend and confidant. Take comfort in that if it brings you any.

Faithfully Your Friend,

Jodi Arias.

Thanks gcharlie, I recall seeing pieces of this as well but don't remember reading the whole thing, esp. the ending.

Seems from her point of view she was the only one who interpreted their dating as being boyfriend/girlfriend, and the part about them not being secret lovers, I really wonder for how long back that was true. I had the feeling she embellished much about their relationship to give weight to her self defense claim but she's pretty much admitting it in this letter.

I asked up thread but it's probably buried -do you know where copies of her diary entries are that are right before June 4th? I'm really interested if she took the diary and wrote in it on her trip or when she stopped writing before she left Yreka. Really appreciate any help you can give.

May 16th, 2008

Travis,

Here goes ...

Faithfully Your Friend,

Jodi Arias.

I've said it before and I'll say it again - poor, poor Travis. And I don't even think we know the half of it. Ugh.

I havent followed this case for a few months, I thought her sentencing trial was due in July, but is it true that this wont start until September? As I read in the UK papers? Whats the delay in preparing the needle?
:banghead:

<modsnip>

May 16th, 2008

Travis,

Here goes ...

Faithfully Your Friend,

Jodi Arias.

BBM in RED: WOW. Their sex conversation was on May 10th, this email went out on May 16th, then there was his hostile email back to her on the 24th (I believe) and he's dead by June 4th. Could he have been ignoring her calls and JA wrote him this email to get his attention? Not getting the response she wanted did she tell him she taped their conversation? That would be a reason for him to let her have her way when she showed up at his house on June 4th. He could have been trying to handle her because he knew she was capable of emotional blackmail. What caught my eye was "broadcasting it... nationally." jmo

JA's appearance in court today: :giggle:

attachment.php
Amazing capture of her hands. :D

May 16th, 2008

Travis,

Here goes ...

Faithfully Your Friend,

Jodi Arias.

I remember this as an email that Jodi sent to Travis, then she called him and demanded to know if he had read it, he told her he had read it twice and couldn't understand what her point was. They had a phone argument about him reading it again and discussing it with her. Travis wasn't interested.

I remember this as an email that Jodi sent to Travis, then she called him and demanded to know if he had read it, he told her he had read it twice and couldn't understand what her point was. They had a phone argument about him reading it again and discussing it with her. Travis wasn't interested.

Just curious, where could I find the information you just posted? I don't remember this about their discussion. Thank you!!

May 16th, 2008

Travis,

Here goes ...

Faithfully Your Friend,

Jodi Arias.

It's interesting to re read that email fully and completely.
Do you know what jumps out to me? she is wahwahwah about recognition for her writing, and editorial contribution, and that email is rife with grammatical errors. :)I give Einstein a C+ lots of strange confusing, Switches in tense and agreement, many improper use of adjectives and adverbs. And she definitely misspelled ( misjudged??) defense. I am glad he did not give her credit. I can def see how CMJA would have gotten madder and madder, as those days went on, that he did not acknowledge this diatribe, and her demands. yes poor travis.

TY very much for reposting this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member