GUILTY TX - Alanna Gallagher, 6, Saginaw, 1 July 2013 - #6

Status
Not open for further replies.
I do not think LE would be announcing they are basically at a dead end unless, unless true. LE never likes to admit that, IMO, and do so only when in dire need of new tips.

I started yesterday trying to find the location of the other girls mentioned in this thread abduction and where they were found. Most of the articles I see on Ashley Estell are about Michael Blair. I will do some more digging today.
I do not like cold cases, they freak me out more so then what is happening right now for some reason. I'm a wierdo

Ashley Estell was found in a ditch six miles from Carpenter Park in Plano, TX, where she was last seen. That's all I can find. It was a ditch near secluded road.

I do not think LE would be announcing they are basically at a dead unless, unless true. LE never likes to admit that, IMO, and do so only when in dire need of new tips.

If they are truly letting this be known b/c they are at a dead end then they need to give us more information. As of right now the only thing the public knows about would be the red truck with green splatter on the back. A slight mention of other vehicles they were looking into. That is not a lot of info for the public to go on.

I'm local and I have some interesting information to share.

Her mother in law was on the street the night Alanna was dumped. She stopped at the 4 way stop where Alanna's body was found at 7:05 pm and sat there and called her family member down the street to let them know that she was almost there with food.

She was stopped so she looked around very carefully to make sure she wasn't blocking someone's way.

She is positive that the tarp wasn't there at 7:05 pm. She said it was very quite, nobody was outside and there were no other cars around.

I think the boys found the body around 7:22 pm so it's a very tight timeline.

RSBM: 911 call came in at 7:16 pm- even tighter timeline. Has anyone narrowed down when Alanna left her home??

So why do THEY not give out info such as last time seen, clothing she wore, the red truck situation.

If they are truly letting this be known b/c they are at a dead end then they need to give us more information. As of right now the only thing the public knows about would be the red truck with green splatter on the back. A slight mention of other vehicles they were looking into. That is not a lot of info for the public to go on.

I agree. How would anyone know what they saw or found was an important tip.

Here's a question for everyone here, especially those on websleuths for years.
A few cases I followed tips from neighbors, strangers, brothers, roommates helped solve the case.
When tips dry up and the child slips from the media's attention what is next?

How do cases get solved? What helps police catch the killers?

RSBM: 911 call came in at 7:16 pm- even tighter timeline. Has anyone narrowed down when Alanna left her home??

I'm not 100% sure when but it was before about 4 pm, when Alanna's mother came home from driving me to my home. MM (am I allowed to use the parents' names or should I just stick with initials?) typically works from home and was home with the children and gave Alanna permission to go out and play with a specific neighbor, who was not at home. By 6 PM, Alanna's mother and older sister began looking for her. HTH.

I apologize for asking you so many questions right after each other, it's just the lack of any info for so long and we finally get someone who knows the family on here, it's just awesome that you're here. If you speak about websleuths with the family, please let them know there is a great group here that wants justice for their sweet baby and so very sorry for their loss.

Ok let's see if this works. I am new and this is my first time posting. I have followed this story since day one. I ran across this site while trying to google more information on this story. I live only 2 blocks from Alanna and my daughter went to school with her so I have been very upset about this whole ordeal. I check this thread probably 15x a day looking for any updates, in hopes that they would make an arrest so that I could rest a little easier. A lot of comments on here have been referring to the trash pick up the day Alanna went missing. I can't give an exact time but I'm wanting to say that the trash was not picked up until somewhere in between 6-8pm. I was a little annoyed by the fact that it was so late in the day and my husband and I had a specific conversation that evening when we finally heard the trucks coming down the road to pick up the trash. It was late that day and by late I mean around dinner time. It is never consistent here. The day you decide to put the trash out at 7am they won't come pick up until 7pm and then when u forget and try to run it out real quick at 9am you have already missed them.

Can I ask if there is anyone in particular that family and/or LE suspect? A simple yes or no is fine - if a family friend has found this forum it wouldn't surprise me that a perp would lurk. Wouldn't want you to say too much, or appear to be accusing anyone.

Thanks!

Ashley Estell was found in a ditch six miles from Carpenter Park in Plano, TX, where she was last seen. That's all I can find. It was a ditch near secluded road.

I found a video on you tube early I plan to watch once my kiddos go to bed. I found it while trying to find more about Ashley. It's a 60 minute video Robert Riggs Ashley Estell Child Abduction & Murder Investigation Sept 1993. Not sure if it will give more detail about where she was found but at least I will find more about her. When she went missing I was only 13 so I do not know anything about her case at all.

I wonder if the perp called the city to find out if the trash was late and when the truck would be coming. 7-8 p.m. for pick up is very late. I almost want to say that the perp KNEW this and placed her body along the curb to be picked up with the trash.

I am not able to read all posts every day so my apologies if this has already been covered, but two things keep coming to mind:
*I keep thinking about the “who” – more often than not, it is someone who has some knowledge of the child. (think April Jones – MB knew her family & she was not afraid of him). He had never murdered a child before (as far as can be determined), but was set off because of a breakup with his girlfriend.
*Once the child is dead, most perps want to be ‘rid’ of them (quickest way possible – usually not a lot of pre-planning, although a lot of time may be involved in the disposal). Since the window is SO small, this person must have still been really close to the area right afterwards. Did someone miss work that day or night? Or were they late with a lame excuse? Were they edgy? Preoccupied with the news or didn’t want to hear it at all? Someone saw them whether they realize it or not. Someone’s behavior changed THAT day or has changed since, almost without question.
If LE and/or the parents keep this case in front of the people who live in that immediate area it may help jog a memory, or nudge someone who already has concerns to come forward. That is one way that cold cases get cracked – family & investigators keep reviewing the info and asking questions of people they have already talked to until they get a break. If everyone is quiet, people’s consciences go numb & they can think about other things.
LE in Wales scoured the countryside for months looking for April. We know where Alanna is, but what good is that without knowing who did this to her, getting justice for her & taking this vermin off the street?

I am not able to read all posts every day so my apologies if this has already been covered, but two things keep coming to mind:
*I keep thinking about the “who” – more often than not, it is someone who has some knowledge of the child. (think April Jones – MB knew her family & she was not afraid of him). He had never murdered a child before (as far as can be determined), but was set off because of a breakup with his girlfriend.
*Once the child is dead, most perps want to be ‘rid’ of them (quickest way possible – usually not a lot of pre-planning, although a lot of time may be involved in the disposal). Since the window is SO small, this person must have still been really close to the area right afterwards. Did someone miss work that day or night? Or were they late with a lame excuse? Were they edgy? Preoccupied with the news or didn’t want to hear it at all? Someone saw them whether they realize it or not. Someone’s behavior changed THAT day or has changed since, almost without question.
If LE and/or the parents keep this case in front of the people who live in that immediate area it may help jog a memory, or nudge someone who already has concerns to come forward. That is one way that cold cases get cracked – family & investigators keep reviewing the info and asking questions of people they have already talked to until they get a break. If everyone is quiet, people’s consciences go numb & they can think about other things.
LE in Wales scoured the countryside for months looking for April. We know where Alanna is, but what good is that without knowing who did this to her, getting justice for her & taking this vermin off the street?

I guess I need my hearing checked... I listened 4 times last night and still didn't hear anything close to "belt around her face". I'm not sure how I'm missing this.

Okay, I listened again. I hear it at approximately 44 seconds. It sounds like he says, "There was a belt around its face."

It's immediately after he says "I didn't open it all the way up, but I can see the legs and everything."

I hope that helps make it more clear, or perhaps someone can tell me what they think he is saying instead.

Okay, I listened again. I hear it at approximately 44 seconds. It sounds like he says, "There was a belt around its face."

It's immediately after he says "I didn't open it all the way up, but I can see the legs and everything."

I hope that helps make it more clear, or perhaps someone can tell me what they think he is saying instead.

I hear him say, "There's a belt around it, tape...". It being the tarp, IMO.

I do not think LE would be announcing they are basically at a dead end unless, unless true. LE never likes to admit that, IMO, and do so only when in dire need of new tips.

I can vouch that LE are quite desperate for tips.

Please DO NOT hesitate to send in tips, nothing is too small or unimportant.

(I do wish LE would release an official anonymous online tip link for this case)

I'm local and I have some interesting information to share.

I drove around in Saginaw a little bit this morning. I saw a Texas Department of Public Safety car on McLeroy, it might have been at the police station.

There was a large camera and a cameraman at the front door of the Saginaw Police Station but I didn't see any news vans.

I drove down the street where her body was dumped and at one spot on the street you can clearly see the Elementary School that she attended last year.

I saw at least 6 red trucks on that street, including the one with paint pails in the back of the truck.

I talked to my friend who lives on the street. She has two sets of relatives that live on that street and the street next to it.

Her mother in law was on the street the night Alanna was dumped. She stopped at the 4 way stop where Alanna's body was found at 7:05 pm and sat there and called her family member down the street to let them know that she was almost there with food.

She was stopped so she looked around very carefully to make sure she wasn't blocking someone's way.

She is positive that the tarp wasn't there at 7:05 pm. She said it was very quite, nobody was outside and there were no other cars around.

I think the boys found the body around 7:22 pm so it's a very tight timeline.

Another member of her family was in the neighborhood a week later when they blocked off the street and stopped cars. They asked her three pages of questions and searched her car.

I drove around a little and took the picture of an abandoned house. It's been abandoned for years. It's on the corner of Old Decatur and Staree. That is in between where she lived and where her body was dumped. I'll attach it in the next post.

My friend saw the tarp when precious Alanna was still wrapped in it. She said it was touching the curb or almost touching at one end and angled out into the street on the other end. She doesn't know if the boys had moved it at that point. The police were there.

Still praying that the person(s) that did this are found soon and locked up.

Thank-you, TH, this is fantastic information.

I would like to add, that the timeline MUST be tighter than what you say here, if the boys who called 911 are telling the truth.

The 911 calls indicated that the boys had opened the bag and explored somewhat, and I believe there was more than one person analyzing the contents.

The time between 7:05 and the first 911 call (was it 7:16?) must accommodate for at least 3-4 minutes of perusal of the bag.

The M-I-L is a key witness. Maybe she can get hypnotized or something? The murderer MUST have been right there.

JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member