SIDEBAR #15- Arias/Alexander forum

Status
Not open for further replies.
It has been so gross out. This past week Ive been getting up at 5:15 to go on daily bike ride before I go to work. By the time I was finished at around 8:15 it the heat index felt around 95 degrees. Only 3 more days of this...

yikes! I'd have a stroke!

Thanks, Linda. :seeya:
I'll look on Dell's website.

Just popping in quick before I fall into a benedryl-induced sleep....YorN, have you looked at a Chromebook? That's what I just bought (Acer) and I love it. It's great for just surfing the internet, and at under $300 I couldn't pass it up. Perfect for my needs right not.

Apologies if this was talked about already, and for interrupting the current conversation! I'm 3 pages behind but heading to bed. Goodnight all.

Just popping in quick before I fall into a benedryl-induced sleep....YorN, have you looked at a Chromebook? That's what I just bought (Acer) and I love it. It's great for just surfing the internet, and at under $300 I couldn't pass it up. Perfect for my needs right not.

Apologies if this was talked about already, and for interrupting the current conversation! I'm 3 pages behind but heading to bed. Goodnight all.

Nite & sweet dreams.

It has been so gross out. This past week Ive been getting up at 5:15 to go on daily bike ride before I go to work. By the time I was finished at around 8:15 it the heat index felt around 95 degrees. Only 3 more days of this...

OMG, Doop. you trying to kill yourself in this heat?? :scared:
It was 98 today and stifling. Can't wait for better weather.

Nite & sweet dreams.

M just hit and ran :floorlaugh:
Maybe it's my breathe :floorlaugh:
Glad you have some good friends, daisy. I have a couple, myself. We are alone in the end anyway- especially if we need to go into a nursing home when we can't take care of ourselves (the curse of living longer, if you ask me).

OMG, Doop. you trying to kill yourself in this heat?? :scared:
It was 98 today and stifling. Can't wait for better weather.

I always try to get my bike ride in,which is usually after I come home from work this time of year (because it stays light till about 8:45). If I dont I feel like my day was unsuccessful. The heat warning here is supposed to end Saturday night, cant wait for it.

I better not be getting a stroke at my age :floorlaugh:. Good thing about going out that early that nobody is really on the road until about 6:30.

Please be careful and at least carry tear gas thing on your wrist.

So, young person, Doop- how does life treat you? What are you into, besides work?

Ok I need to be psyched up to do this HIIT interval workout. It's only 18 minutes. 3 minutes of warm up, then 8 sets of sprinting for 20 seconds and recovering for 80 seconds. Then 5 minute cool down I'm trying to lose the baby weight once and for all and get into shape but DAY-um this workout is hard! I keep trying to talk myself out of it. But I know if I do it I will feel good when it's over. But I'm :scared:

M just hit and ran :floorlaugh:
Maybe it's my breathe :floorlaugh:
Glad you have some good friends, daisy. I have a couple, myself. We are alone in the end anyway- especially if we need to go into a nursing home when we can't take care of ourselves (the curse of living longer, if you ask me).

You have sons to be there for you. :)

I've got a roomie now that is comforting to have around.

Enough about damn computers.
I'm thinking about selling my house and buying a little trailer to put on my older son's land up here (use to be my parents land) about 10 miles from me. Anyone live in a trailer? My son is suppose to, eventually, move up here and build a house on the land (9 acres). There would be no more taxes for me to pay since he pays the taxes on the land.
what do you think? Anyone ever live in a trailer?

I've camped in one:)

I have a friend that lives in a double wide ... It's adorable.

I wouldn't suggest it if its anywhere there could possibly be a tornado! Trailers seems to be magnets for tornados!

So... Is the land in New Jersey? We're gonna be neighbors?

Please be careful and at least carry tear gas thing on your wrist.

Yeah, I ride around with bottles of water in weather like this.

So, young person, Doop- how does life treat you? What are you into, besides work?

Watching sports mainly baseball, hockey, and soccer. As I previously stated bike riding is my main type of exercise. I also watch a bunch of tv shows which usually are crime shows or comedies. Other than that not much.

I wouldn't suggest it if its anywhere there could possibly be a tornado! Trailers seems to be magnets for tornados!

I live in Upstate NY- my older son lives in NJ- 5 hours from me. The land is in NYS.

Yes ma'am

Banana Quesadilla

Ingredients

2 (10-inch) flour tortillas
2 tablespoons butter, melted
1 medium banana, thinly sliced
1/4 cup semisweet chocolate morsels
3 tablespoons firmly packed brown sugar, plus more for top
1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
Vanilla ice cream, optional--(not really optional)
Caramel sauce, optional

Directions
Preheat pan to medium-high heat.

Brush 1 side of a tortilla with some melted butter. Place the tortilla on the skillet buttered-side down. Arrange the banana slices on the tortilla and top evenly with the chocolate chips. Sprinkle with the brown sugar and cinnamon. Place the remaining tortilla on top to cover the bananas. Brush with more butter and sprinkle some brown sugar on top. Grill until the chocolate is melted and the bananas are soft, 3 to 4 minutes per side. Cut into wedges and serve with ice cream and caramel sauce, if desired. Serve immediately

Omg that sounds delicious! Thank you! Took a screen shot...with my iPhone:) so it will be on my iPad:)

I wouldn't mind a double wide at all ... love to hear rain against metal. :) But hurricanes do hit here sometimes. HUGO wiped out much of everything, before I moved here. google it :)

Ok I need to be psyched up to do this HIIT interval workout. It's only 18 minutes. 3 minutes of warm up, then 8 sets of sprinting for 20 seconds and recovering for 80 seconds. Then 5 minute cool down I'm trying to lose the baby weight once and for all and get into shape but DAY-um this workout is hard! I keep trying to talk myself out of it. But I know if I do it I will feel good when it's over. But I'm :scared:

Whew... I got exhausted reading that!

Baby-weight? When did you have your baby?
What is HIIT?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member