GUILTY GA - Amber Whited, 22, Glynn Cty, 16 July 2013

Thank you for checking on it.
I am so thankful that wasn't her.

http://jacksonville.com/news/crime/...ber-whited-mother-two-who-disappeared-tuesday

Although Police Chief Matt Doering says he remains optimistic, he has said from the onset that he believes Whited’s sudden disappearance is the result of foul play. He said investigators have information that point in that direction.
“We just don’t have any idea where to search,’’ he said.
“If someone wants to follow an inclination, it certainly wouldn’t hurt,’’ he said.
Officers have checked out the route Whited usually drove for lunch, checking the roadside and business security videos along the way without finding anything

The police chief noted there area between her home, work, and the place her car was found is large. Another family friend who saw her car before police impounded it noted that clay caked under the front bumper looked like it could have come from Pennick Road after it changes from paved to dirt, and the condition of the car was not how Amber maintained it (implied she'd likely not have gone off-roading in it), so they've also been searching that area.

More at the article. I wish my mapping skills were up to snuff so I could add a map with this location as well as home, work, and where the car was found.

I have been thinking that someone slashed the tire to make it look like someone stopped to help and abducted her.

http://jacksonville.com/news/crime/...ber-whited-mother-two-who-disappeared-tuesday

The police chief noted there area between her home, work, and the place her car was found is large. Another family friend who saw her car before police impounded it noted that clay caked under the front bumper looked like it could have come from Pennick Road after it changes from paved to dirt, and the condition of the car was not how Amber maintained it (implied she'd likely not have gone off-roading in it), so they've also been searching that area.

More at the article. I wish my mapping skills were up to snuff so I could add a map with this location as well as home, work, and where the car was found.

The unpaved stretch of Pennick Road is approximately 4.8-4.9 miles, it looks like. The northern end of the unpaved part of Pennick Road terminates into Altamaha Park Road. That road terminates at Altamaha Regional Park, which has a boat ramp, camping, etc.on the Altamaha River. The park is 18 miles away from the Harley-Davidson dealership, about a half hour on main roads.

That would be too far for a normal lunch break, since she doesn't return late from lunch, according to her manager. Not likely she'd have gone that far during lunch on her own.

I'm just researching based on the limited info in the articles, MO and please don't read too much into it. Just wanted to gather more info on Pennick Road.

I have been thinking that someone slashed the tire to make it look like someone stopped to help and abducted her.

If the car was found on MLK, it is too well-travelled and someone was seen exiting the vehicle. So it wasn't slashed there. If it was intentional, then it had to be a short distance away in a secluded area, then driven to appear the man stopped because he had a flat tire and no one would pay attention to a vehicle left abandoned there right away.

But, where did he go then? Where was his own vehicle? Did he have an accomplice? Was it only a short walk to where he lived, or did he call someone to pick him up? If so, did that person wonder how he came to be stranded in that area with his car nowhere around?

It makes me think, someone else knows this person was acting strangely the day she disappeared. Now does that person also know Amber and suspect anything when she later turned up missing?

Is there any news today on this case?

Alternatively, it could have been she was followed to wherever she had lunch and the person cut her tire knowing she would be possibly stuck with a flat down the road.
Drive by and offer a ride. That seems unlikely that would happen without Amber calling or texting someone about her car situation while stopped on the side of the road.

She wouldn't accept help unless the person who did this was known to her.
Then she would possibly have entered the car willingly not knowing what was planned.
Then the man would have had to drive the car at least some distance with a flat.
I think that car forensics guys could tell whether that was the case that it didn't go flat right before being left or driven on the wheel practically for several miles.
Honda's will drive a few miles on tubeless tires, I think.

The unpaved stretch of Pennick Road is approximately 4.8-4.9 miles, it looks like. The northern end of the unpaved part of Pennick Road terminates into Altamaha Park Road. That road terminates at Altamaha Regional Park, which has a boat ramp, camping, etc.on the Altamaha River. The park is 18 miles away from the Harley-Davidson dealership, about a half hour on main roads.

That would be too far for a normal lunch break, since she doesn't return late from lunch, according to her manager. Not likely she'd have gone that far during lunch on her own.

I'm just researching based on the limited info in the articles, MO and please don't read too much into it. Just wanted to gather more info on Pennick Road.

I don't know what the "clay" looked like, but around here we call that gumbo.
A lot of the area is old riverbottom. It sounds to me like the car was driven on an old back road that doesn't get graded. The stuff makes roads slick and have deep potholes where the car evidently bottomed out.
I am confident that local county LE will have some idea of roads that have not had topsoil and or limerock on them to improve them for regular grading.

It sounds like an old logging type road. Narrow where the antenna would get bent. Unfortunately, there are a lot of roads that would fit that description.

Another place mentioned in the Jacksonville.com article with smilar clay:

Yes, I was thinking places like that also. My ex-husband hunted there a lot and he'd gotton 4 wheel drive on trucks because of the roads. So that is a good area now in the "off season" to search. It is secluded and you'd have to know those roads.

It is great they have such a good description. Somebody at the tattoo shops KNOWS who this person is, if he has both arms "sleeved".

The article makes me think that LE already knows who they are looking for in connection to this case.
There is a tattoo shop right up the road from where she worked at the Harley store.

Georgia and parts of the south have a thick damp red dirt that resembles Play-Doh. When it's dry outside, it's hard to dig through it. When it's rained a good bit, this stuff is very thick and gooey and sticks on everything.

When I looked at a map, I saw so many places that someone might do a body dump. If she was harmed, she could be damn near anywhere, and I'm not sure they'll have much luck finding her unless some dogs can pick up a scent.

Georgia and parts of the south have a thick damp red dirt that resembles Play-Doh. When it's dry outside, it's hard to dig through it. When it's rained a good bit, this stuff is very thick and gooey and sticks on everything.

That starts around the "piedmont" areas in middle Georgia and runs north and west into Alabama.
Down on the coast it's gray. No bright red Georgia clay for us.
But, it is distinctive to certain areas around here. Most everywhere else is going to be sandy.

Also, they can check for salt content of the soil to see if her car was driven near salt water back roads or freshwater.
That is still a LOT of territory to cover. If he is from Brantley Co., then that's an even bigger area to cover.

The best bet is if they are checking out the tats angle with a short guy (Napoleon complex), and see if there is one in her background somewhere.
Then lean on him good.

Seems like the guy would have been in the Harley Store, too. I hadn't realized she'd only been working there a short time. That narrows the window to look back at tapes for a guy hanging around and buying T-shirts and hats.
I wonder how long they keep their store's surveillance tapes?

Here's something else. There is a restaurant next door called Toucan's. If he was stalking her, it is possible that maybe he was watching from their back patio that looks over onto the Harley Davidson parking lot.

I don't know if they have outdoor video cameras or not. Or if any other businesses across the street would have caught her vehicle leaving or anyone from the restaurant right after that pulling out in the same direction. If she was going to Taco Bell, that's on 341. She would have made a right out of the parking lot and exited onto I-95 for about a mile and got off at exit 7. All of the events taking place from Hwy. 341 seems more likely, to me.

Basically I am just bumping her thread.

Yes, I was thinking places like that also. My ex-husband hunted there a lot and he'd gotton 4 wheel drive on trucks because of the roads. So that is a good area now in the "off season" to search. It is secluded and you'd have to know those roads.

It is great they have such a good description. Somebody at the tattoo shops KNOWS who this person is, if he has both arms "sleeved".

The article makes me think that LE already knows who they are looking for in connection to this case.
There is a tattoo shop right up the road from where she worked at the Harley store.

It has been stated that a man was seen leaving the car alone. He seemed to be arguing with someone on a cell phone at the time.

It has also been stated by people who know the POI that was arrested on unrelated charges, that he matches the discription of the person seen driving the car including the sleeved out tattooes. He is still in custody on unrelated charges.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
megalow
Back