GUILTY GA - Amber Whited, 22, Glynn Cty, 16 July 2013

For those not familiar with the area, if they're taking the body to the GBI Crime Lab, the coastal counties are covered by the crime lab in Savannah. May want to monitor Savannah news in addition to Brunswick/Jacksonville news for autopsy results.

Sorry if that sounds coarse, but I think we'll all be anxious to learn every scrap of info possible from the GBI work and autopsy to see what info's available to help find this woman's killer.

If police found her, I suspect that they got a confession. If friends found her, maybe they just happened to be searching that area. Given to the condition of the vehicle and the appearance of that area, I am going to theorize that the vehicle was driven between rows of trees.

Arrest made. He murdered another person too.

From the Facebook page of The Brunswick News.

Glynn County Police expect to charge Raymond Michael Brasiel, 20, of Waynesville, with the murder of Amber Whited, 22, whose body was Sunday afternoon in Northwest Glynn County, according to chief Matt Doering.

Brasiel is also facing murder and aggravated assault charges for his alleged role in the Friday morning stabbing death of 50-year-old Bobby Lee Jenks and the wounding of 46-year-old Mickie Lee Jenks on Ternest Lane, off of Old Post Road in Western Glynn County.

Doering did not comment on how the two deaths are related.

More coverage in tomorrow's edition of The Brunswick News.

Quote:
Glynn County Police expect to charge Raymond Michael Brasiel, 20, of Waynesville, with the murder of Amber Whited, 22, whose body was Sunday afternoon in Northwest Glynn County, according to chief Matt Doering.

Brasiel is also facing murder and aggravated assault charges for his alleged role in the Friday morning stabbing death of 50-year-old Bobby Lee Jenks and the wounding of 46-year-old Mickie Lee Jenks on Ternest Lane, off of Old Post Road in Western Glynn County.

Doering did not comment on how the two deaths are related.

More coverage in tomorrow's edition of The Brunswick News.

Here's an article about the other incident:

http://jacksonville.com/news/crime/2013-07-20/story/waynesville-man-arrested-stabbing-death-man-wounding-woman

Jeez, sounds like he has been on some kind of rampage?

The above article states the suspect knew the victim...

"Doering said investigators have a motive in the assault, but he declined to reveal it. He confirmed that Brasiel and the Jenkses knew each other.
“This is not random. I’m comfortable saying that,’’ and there is no need for anyone in the neighborhood to be in fear, Doering said."

Jeez, sounds like he was on some kind of rampage? The above article states the suspect knew the first victim...

"Doering said investigators have a motive in the assault, but he declined to reveal it. He confirmed that Brasiel and the Jenkses knew each other.
“This is not random. I’m comfortable saying that,’’ and there is no need for anyone in the neighborhood to be in fear, Doering said."

uh, ok...

Here's another article on the Jenks murder. I didn't locate a Websleuths thread on it so just adding a bit of info here: http://www.firstcoastnews.com/news/local/article/320609/3/Deadly-double-stabbing-in-Glynn-County
and here
http://www.wtoc.com/story/22887354/police-nab-suspect-in-glynn-co-murder
and the Glynn County press release here:
http://police.glynncounty-ga.org/fo...827_Murder_arrest_Raymond_Michael_Brasiel.pdf

So Amber goes missing on Tuesday lunchtime, her car is located Wednesday in downtown Brunswick, the Jenkses are stabbed (and Mr Jenks dies from the stabbing) on Friday. The news articles conflict whether that was at 3:30 AM or PM on Friday, but the police presser indicates it was 3:30 AM on Friday. The press release regarding Brasiel was on Friday 7/19 at 13:38 hours (their timestamps are noted here http://police.glynncounty-ga.org/ and match the timestamps embedded in the press release links). According to the first news article, police say Mr. and Mrs. Jenks knew Brasiel.

Also as of 18:08 today, the police presser regarding the woman's body was updated:
http://police.glynncounty-ga.org/fo...cated_Bladen_Rd_and_99_arrest_forthcoming.pdf
ADDITIONAL:::
Murder charges will be forthcoming against Raymond Michael Braisel, age 20 of Waynesville. He is currently being held in the Glynn County Sheriff’s Office for the murder of Bobby Jenks on July 19, 2013.

When I was reading about those killings in the paper I thought this guy was a killing spree!

http://www.firstcoastnews.com/news/...y-found-suspect-named-in-Amber-Whithed-murder

Originally Brasiel was believed to be a "a person of interest" in the disappearance of Whited.

Doering said officers were investigating the case of the missing mother by talking to relatives of Brasiel. While in the area, officers noticed a pathway leading to a wooded area.

While exploring the pathway, officers discovered a body they believe to be Whited's.

The police chief believes the body had been there since Tuesday.

Thanks for the link! Additional information from that article:
Officers reviewing video from a security camera at a store near the Harley-Davidson store, discovered that Whited and Brasiel had both been there about the same time Tuesday, Doering said. Whited had left Harley-Davidson at 11 p.m. for lunch and had stopped at the nearby store, Doering said. He declined to name the store.
The man was also about the same age as Whited and fit the description of a man seen walking away from Whited’s car Tuesday afternoon, Doering said. The person who parked Whited’s car in the 3100 block of Martin Luther King Boulevard in Brunswick and walked away was about 5-foot-6, had dark hair and was wearing a white T-shirt.
When he was arrested Friday, Brasiel's dark hair was in a buzz cut.

Thanks for the link! Additional information from that article:

My friend gave me the link. Now I feel like it's okay for me to say that a good friend of mine is the mom of one of Amber's close friends that has been searching for her non-stop. I was basically posting on her behalf since she doesn't have a WS account. Sorry that I couldn't say more but I didn't have insider privleges and I only posted what she was comfortable with everyone knowing and what she knew was public information in Amber's circle of friends.

http://www.firstcoastnews.com/news/...y-found-suspect-named-in-Amber-Whithed-murder

The police chief believes the body had been there since Tuesday.

It seems like LE was sandbagging. It's hard to believe they've been to his house on several occasions to question family members regarding the Jenks case and her body was so close to their house.

If the Jenks are neighbors, one of them may have noticed something themselves and raised questioned about it. That may be why he went over in the wee hours to kill these potential witnesses to her body being found.

With all that boondocks around, he brought her back to his own home.
The guy must be freaking insane and wanted to go and check on her after her death.

I don't understand how she could have been literally right under their noses since the Friday arrest.

I'm going to hope she was found sooner than what they are announcing today.
It's hard to think of the poor girl in those woods all that time.

Peace be upon her family.

Wasn't there a mention of a hair cut on the last text message?

Yes. Now that you mention it. So they had texts with THIS guy, you think?

Edit to add: And then he broke his own cellphone thinking that would solve it?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AlternativeLuck
Back