SIDEBAR #16- Arias/Alexander forum

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jodi Arias ‏@Jodiannarias 43m
More thousands of styrofoam containers from Estrella's kitchen. At least the landfills won't go hungrey.

Looks like Einstein, the killer, cannot spell. Hungrey is spelled hungry.

It's getting GREEN in Arizona!!!! Woot, WOOT!!!!!
DSC02616.jpg

DSC02603.jpg

Cool sticker (not expecting anything) came in the mail from a donation we sent into the Granite Mountain 19, going to throw it up on the rear window of my truck.........wish the rain had come sooner.

To confuse you further on the time of the birth, CNN just announced William and Kate waited 4 hours before informing the public of the birth. :seeya:

Jodi Arias ‏@Jodiannarias 43m
More thousands of styrofoam containers from Estrella's kitchen. At least the landfills won't go hungrey.

She's in AZ. Does she stop to think of all the water they are saving? Water being important in the desert. She is a pip. Must be working on that allocution. lol

To confuse you further on the time of the birth, CNN just announced William and Kate waited 4 hours before informing the public of the birth. :seeya:

Maybe we should wait for our personal birth announcements. :twocents:

nope, that hat doesn't fit you - you need a Minnie Pearl hat with a daisy...:floorlaugh:

You mean this old thang??
picture.php

Tell you what! Since your my younger sister (mom always liked you best) and I've grown out of that hat, after all I have grown to be such an elegant woman :facepalm:and need to dress accordingly (please bow :floorlaugh:), I'll give you the hat (I'm so kind and generous, as you well know :blushing:).
(don't thank me now, in front of all our friends :facepalm:- you'll embarrass me :facepalm:)

How are you feeling today, my little one? :seeya:

(just got the internet back- don't know for how long- still no TV :stormingmad:)

Hi m :seeya:. How are you tonight? How's the weather in Iowa? It's really cool here today for July. :cold: But that's better than being :hot:.

It was SO hot here today...got up to 97 degrees and icky humid. Another bad hair day for this girl. Storms are rolling in tonight...the lightening and thunder are pretty intense right now. Love it! Supposed to cool off this week, finally. :) I'd rather be cool than hot...you can layer up when it's cold but you can only strip off so much when it's hot!

I'm heading over to dude's house in about 20 minutes to get my stuff. Have your finger on the "ignore" feature because I'm sure I'll be back later, bawling like a baby. (and I swear I didn't shave my legs or fix my hair and makeup...)

I promise I'll stop whining about this one of these days.

M, very proud of you. It takes strength and courage to confront things head on. We have your back which has a lovely phrase on it. :seeya:

You mean this old thang??
picture.php

Tell you what! Since your my younger sister (mom always liked you best) and I've grown out of that hat, after all I have grown to be such an elegant woman :facepalm:and need to dress accordingly (please bow :floorlaugh:), I'll give you the hat (I'm so kind and generous, as you well know :blushing:).
(don't thank me now, in front of all our friends :facepalm:- you'll embarrass me :facepalm:)

How are you feeling today, my little one? :seeya:

(just got the internet back- don't know for how long- still no TV :stormingmad:)

Welcome back and thanks for my new hat! LOL

I'm sick as a dog and getting ready to swallow a bottle of Nyquil to knock me out. No one has brought me food! Shame on them. Nobody loves me and I miss my momma.

I tried to find an answer for you and what I came up with is that four is not a magic number. Some have had many more and others have had only three names. There are some articles floating out there right now, if you care to look.

My understanding is that it is a tradition with European upper class to give their children three names. My son's father was born of an English (Scottish) father and French mother. The family served the crown in the colonies for generations; my son's dad was born in Morocco and prior to that generations had served in India.

When our son was born it took days to come up with the "right" names and we could not leave the clinic until a birth certificate, complete with name, was on file! Like all of the first born males, my son was named John first, followed by an unusual name with no tradition. The final name stumped Daddy John; it had to roll off the tongue with the other two names. Finally, he decided on Alexander, after his grandfather.

Son goes by Sunshine, which the doctor did not like at all and was not going to put on the birth certificate!

My English grandmother, commoner that she was, only gave my dear mum one name. No middle name.

I, on the other hand, was raised Catholic where all we had to worry about was making sure a saint's name was in there somewhere. I did not suggest Ignatius as a name for our son...LOL.

This is fascinating! I was only given a first name and had to wait 30 years to get a monogram. I still razz my southern mother about that. In elementary school, I pretended I was Catholic so I could get a confirmation name like the other girls in my class. I was Lutheran. I think I came up with Michele. I don't know if there is a saint named Michele but as a child wanting to fit in, that is what I said.
My children all have family surnames as middle names. I wanted my heritage represented since their last name is my married name. My children told me that their peers thought they were royalty because of their middle names.:floorlaugh:

M, very proud of you. It takes strength and courage to confront things head on. We have your back which has a lovely phrase on it. :seeya:

Seeing as you are only one state over, please bring me some food! :floorlaugh:

When are you heading home? :seeya:

Thank you :) It went ok and I think I handled myself very well. I cried a little but he was very kind and respectful. As crazy as this sounds I couldn't ask for a better breakup lol. I truly have nothing bad to say about the guy. Time to move on now, right?

I was talking to a girlfriend tonight. She lives just outside of Atlanta, GA and works for DFACS. She was telling about some of the cases she's working on and it blew my mind. A few weeks from now I'm going to look back on my heartache and laugh, wondering why I let this consume so much of me. These kids she's working with will have to deal with their heartache for the rest of their lives. Really put things in perspective for me.

(I just went out on my patio to smoke and my neighbors are on their patio making out. BARF.)

Seeing as you are only one state over, please bring me some food! :floorlaugh:

When are you heading home? :seeya:

Love me some SC. I will be right down. We had barbecue for dinner with hush puppies and slaw. The slaw up north is shredded coarsely, not fine like they do here.

I am sorry you are feeling poorly. I really hope you feel better. I wish I could wait on you. Heading home Wednesday morning. My daughter is bored so we went shopping for a bit. Made the mistake of giving her my credit card. Oh well. She has been really tolerant so it was a worth it. :seeya:

Welcome back and thanks for my new hat! LOL

I'm sick as a dog and getting ready to swallow a bottle of Nyquil to knock me out. No one has brought me food! Shame on them. Nobody loves me and I miss my momma.

Aww Daisy! I'm sorry you're not feeling well. I don't cook much but I did make a huge pot of pasta salad this weekend. I could bring you some of that! :blushing:

Get some good sleep and take care of yourself.

Thank you :) It went ok and I think I handled myself very well. I cried a little but he was very kind and respectful. As crazy as this sounds I couldn't ask for a better breakup lol. I truly have nothing bad to say about the guy. Time to move on now, right?

I was talking to a girlfriend tonight. She lives just outside of Atlanta, GA and works for DFACS. She was telling about some of the cases she's working on and it blew my mind. A few weeks from now I'm going to look back on my heartache and laugh, wondering why I let this consume so much of me. These kids she's working with will have to deal with their heartache for the rest of their lives. Really put things in perspective for me.

(I just went out on my patio to smoke and my neighbors are on their patio making out. BARF.)

Perspective is what we get when we don't get what we want. It is invaluable and will serve you well. Didn't he look better in the rear view mirror?

Aww Daisy! I'm sorry you're not feeling well. I don't cook much but I did make a huge pot of pasta salad this weekend. I could bring you some of that! :blushing:

Get some good sleep and take care of yourself.

Miss Daisy loves pasta salad. :seeya:

Don't know if any one you remember the really bad joke circulating when Prince William was born and the world waited to learn his name.

It might have been Don Imus who suggested the name Up.

Then it would be Up, Chuck and Di.

RIP, Princess Diana.

Perspective is what we get when we don't get what we want. It is invaluable and will serve you well. Didn't he look better in the rear view mirror?

LOVE this. :seeya: Thank you!

I look at the antiques in my mother's home and they all tell a story. Most of them are family heirlooms. My mother has given me a table that has burn marks from those big coffee pots on it that the Union soldiers made when they came through North Carolina and stayed in my ancestors home. There are pictures galore of my great grandparents and grandparents. And there is a wall with pictures of me and my 3 siblings. One is of my brother which is the last portrait made of him, when he was a sophomore at Duke. There is a serenity here with a lot of memories. Home will always be where my mother is.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288