GUILTY TX - Alanna Gallagher, 6, Saginaw, 1 July 2013 - #9

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey, to those of you who are discouraged. I can't help but compare most murder cases I follow to my classmate's. It took them six months to make an arrest. It was one of the very earliest murders in which DNA was used. It's funny to read the article about it now, because it describes it as a "controversial new test." Which sounds nuts now, because DNA is a household word! Anyway, they used profiling, which is all you have until you get a DNA match. DNA is only useful if the perp is in the data base, or if you can use old fashioned detective work to show probable cause to a judge… then you can get a DNA sample from a suspect with a warrant. Otherwise, gallons of DNA are useless.

Anyway, they took 6 months, used old fashioned profiling, and finally arrested him, and then, sure enough, the DNA matched.

But there are plenty of unsolved cases out there with DNA alllll over them. Sometimes two unsolved ones match each other, but that still doesn't solve it, unless they can use detective work and profiling to figure out who it belongs to.

Someone already said Sommer Thompson took 5 months. Lets give them a chance to figure it out.

Also, whenever I think LE is being coy, I remember Falcon Heene the Balloon Boy in Colorado, the sherrif told the press over and over again that the parents weren't suspicious…. until he, caught them in plenty of lies, by gaining their trust, and then he arrested them. Not that I'm pointing to her parents. My point is, LE are capable of deliberately misleading the perp and the press and the public. If it suits their strategy.

Thank you for the perspective adjustment. I needed it.:yourock:

Glad that some were wrong about LE being clueless. I really hate that the next thing we will hear is how 'he's misunderstood', 'not really bad', etc., etc.
There is just NO excuse for hurting a child. Period.

I was reading Wondergirl's post above (ty wg)

An Arlington officer assigned to the FBI task force was among two of the injured at the scene in the 600 block of Babbling Brook Dr. The officer was transported to Harris Hospital in critical condition, according to Officer Damon Ing, a spokesman with the Saginaw Police Department.

The identity and condition of the second injured person was not released. Matt Zavadsky, spokesman with MedStar Emergency Medical Services in Fort Worth, says one person has a gunshot wound to the groin and the other person was shot in the head.

So, so relieved that the suspect is identified and the family can now move on to the next step in this nightmare.
I'm torn between hoping he survives and hoping he dies. I don't support the death penaly, but if he goes and gets himself killed, c'est la vie.
thankfully this community can breath easier.

He must have dumped her from his red station wagon.

I think it's a Dodge Magnum. Plenty of room in the back; no way for something to accidentally fall out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

Officer Shot While Serving Warrant for Gallagher Murder
By Greg Janda
Tuesday, Jul 23, 2013 | Updated 10:49 AM CDTAn officer has been shot while serving an arrest warrant for a teen suspected of the murder of Alanna Gallagher.
Law enforcement sources tell NBC 5 police went to the home of Tyler Holder, a teenager who lives a few houses down from Alanna Gallagher.

Law enforcement sources say Holder came to the front door with a gun in his waistband, pulled it out, and opened fire at the officers.

Holder was shot in the head and his condition is unknown.

I am just so relieved that there is no doubt about who murdered Alanna. There has to be some closure for the family in knowing who did this to their baby girl. I'm praying for them, praying for the officer, and praying for Tyler to survive his injuries so he can face the consequences of his actions.

So now I'm VERY curious as to what led them to his home to take samples. As far as I can remember, his home and the Gallaghers' home were the only ones searched in any capacity. Something had to tie him to the murder very early on.

Initially they did say officer was alert and talking. THat was at the scene while he was being loaded for transport. An hour later, the crawl at bottom of fox4 feed said critical condition, shot in groin. He may have lost a lot of blood in the meantime. :( I hope he's ok !

Who has gloves lying around?

I have them for gardening and cold weather. But those would leave evidence.

I am thinking of medical type gloves as the only kind that would not give much information

I was thinking medical/surgical gloves, too, which are available at any pharmacy or discount store. Argues for an organized killer and premeditation, no?

I'm watching the live feed. There is only one house between Alanna's home and the home of the suspect.

My thoughts are with the officer injured today and his family.

I knew they knew, they had to, with all the silence and not upping the reward money, the only explanation for complete silence was they knew.

Posted last nite by me

The overall silence suggests to me they know who did it or why not up the reward?

Seems like they zeroed in from day one.

Sending up prayers for the LEO (all of them, actually) and for the Gallagher family.

:praying:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member