GUILTY TX - Alanna Gallagher, 6, Saginaw, 1 July 2013 - #9

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://twitter.com/KevinCokelyNBC5/status/359742108535500801/photo/1

BP4Piq6CMAEPh__.jpg

KevinCokelyNBC5 Kevin Cokely 1m
Mobile police command post now outside Alanna Gallagher murder suspect home #saginaw @NBCDFW

No. It's the same sentence now, as 14-16 year olds. Life with parole eligibility after 40 years. He does not just get out in 40 years. In the past, 17 year olds could get life without parole or the death penalty. They can't now. But they CAN still stay in jail forever, if they do not get let out on parole AFTER 40 years.

This confirms that, blue22. Thanks for clarifying. The new law is scheduled to go into effect Oct 2013 but will apply to all pending cases, including any on hold , awaiting this legislative action.
http://www.yourhoustonnews.com/east_montgomery/opinion/capital-murder-and--year-old-defendants/article_ce6e2851-2b33-5e08-af49-8fc29cdf4df0.html

Under the present Texas' statue, those 14, 15 and 16 years old who have their cases transferred to adult court for capital murder can only receive a sentence of life in prison with the possibility of parole after 40 years. Those who are 17 years-old and convicted of capital murder are considered adults and tried in the adult system. Those 17-years old and older fall under the punishments available for all other capital murders--the death penalty or life without parole.

More at link with the law changing 17 yr old sentencing to match 14-16 yr olds.

I know this is the 3rd time I've said this, but for the love, why not clear the family when they has this guy in their sights the whole time? Leaving the most statistically likely people open as suspects makes it hard for people to look past. I kept thinking it felt like a kid, too much Austin Sigg like, but the family not being cleared bugged me and I kept circling back to them.

I do not think the family's lifestyle had anything to do with this as has been suggested repeatedly, possibly the lax parenting style made Alanna an easy target but I have a feeling this sicko was bored and would have preyed in any small child he came across.
That is why I try not to make snap judgments no matter how bad it looks for the family. They will always be the first POI's, and when we see LE serving SW's and seizing property it gives the appearance of guilt. But they are only "looking", not necessarily "finding".

LE had this guy in their sights very early on, and they didn't want him to bolt or react out of fear and hurt possibly harm others. So they allowed the air of suspicion to linger on the family. It's a terrible shame the parents have to be subjected to the public scrutiny, but sometimes there's no other option. The main objective was to nab the perp, and they succeeded without too much delay. Thank goodness!

This had nothing to do with lax parenting on the G's part, IMO. Whether Alanna was alone five minutes or five hours, he would have found a way.

I have a lot to say but will keep it short due to being on a tablet with spotty wifi.

1) this morning comes as a shock to me.

2). I suspected a family member early on, especially with the search warrant info. That was released. However there was something that did not fit so then I thought it could be someone the family was acquainted with that they had met online since it was no secret that they had little kids.

3) When LE were seen at the suspects house I thought he seemed like an ***hat and looked to be way older than 17.

4) I don't get LE saying the community was not in danger and it was an isolated incident. Really? How does the arson fit into that and now a perpetual who tried to kill police?

5). Where did the gun come from? If they were registered to the address then perhaps a harder entry should have been made by LE.

6). This murder sickens me. The bogey man lived two doors down.

I feel bad for some of my thoughts on this case and for ALlana's family and everything they have been through interest past month.

No. It's the same sentence now, as 14-16 year olds. Life with parole eligibility after 40 years. He does not just get out in 40 years. In the past, 17 year olds could get life without parole or the death penalty. They can't now. But they CAN still stay in jail forever, if they do not get let out on parole AFTER 40 years.

This guy was shot in the head. I doubt it will be an issue.
jmo

So glad to see that there is closure today. Prayers to the family, friends and community for a very tough few weeks. How horrible to ever have to experience anything like this.

I doubt this creep is still alive or will survive if he was shot in the head by LE. If he does he will probably be more of a vegetable than he was before.

On Facebook?

Don't know where but the first several posts of his fb have a scantilly clad nurse, about to reveal herself while posting the scores. I'm just speculating that if that is what's shown on the score page, the actual game has much more.

ETA Whatever you do do NOT type battle alert *advertiser censored* into google...... it is NOT a cartoon game. OY ! my eyes :(

ETA Battle alert is a cartoon game with some scantilly clad gals, maybe it's not *advertiser censored*. But what I typed into google
to search gave my eyes herpes :(

Don't know where but the first several posts of his fb have a scantilly clad nurse, about to reveal herself while posting the scores. I'm just speculating that if that is what's shown on the score page, the actual game has much more.

ETA Whatever you do do NOT type battle alert *advertiser censored* into google...... it is NOT a cartoon game. OY ! my eyes :(

lol the one on facebook doesn't have any *advertiser censored*, not allowed there, but i can see somebody making *advertiser censored* out of games and putting it on the web. pfft..some people think stuff like that is funny i guess.

He also shot a cop...so if he lives, he has that to face as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong