GUILTY TX - Alanna Gallagher, 6, Saginaw, 1 July 2013 - #10

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just bouncing off your post! :seeya:

I wonder, since it seems the tarp used came from his backyard, if he hauled her out the back and had someone pick him up on the street that runs behind his house?

Sorry to quote myself but I thought of a few other things regarding how he got the body out without being picked up by cameras.

In reviewing the aerial view via google maps, it seems if he went out the back, he'd be hopping at least one fence (and--sorry sweet Alanna) tossing her body ahead of him. Not impossible, but...

My other thought is that the neighbors' cameras (or is it his own home camera?) that show his car never left the driveway. It is (or they are) likely fixed cameras that focus on one spot/not a wide angle/fish eye view of entire front yard from door to street. It's possible, perhaps, he left on foot via the front of the house with his 'bag of trash' (sorry!), away from his own garage, and caught a ride just up the street out of shot of the camera/cameras. :waitasec:

If his first story was that he was fishing, did he do something to make it appear that he went fishing?

Then again, LE kept everyone guessing until this morning. They knew on Saturday. Built a solid probable cause and it was finalized by serving the warrant.

Tyler would have been you know in his pants just waiting and brushing it off at times. He was like a caged animal actually waiting to see if he got away with it or they would show up. What did he do, sleep with a gun or what?

I think the families of the perps are usually the most forgotten victims. My heart hurts for all involved.

I know. You're right. But I;m having a hard time with compassion for her right now. I know it;s wrong! But I just happened to review, last night, video footage of jarred harrell and his mother, during his police interrogation. (I also listened to his jail house calls to mama again). It really hurt watching his mother fondle him and stroke him and call him baby and talk about how he needed to take care of himself. He got to hug her. They cried. It was 18 minutes and 23 seconds of love between mother and son. Of consoling. 18 minutes and 23 seconds of saying goodbye. 18 minutes and 23 seconds that Somer Thompson was not afforded with her mother. And I can only imagine how much her mother's arms and heart just ache for the opportunity to see her baby again, even for one minute. Just one hard hug.

It hurt my heart pretty deeply to watch that knowing what Somer and Diena will never have again on earth. And for some reason it;s hard for me not to connect that mother with this one. Even though I know they are different people, different circumstances, etc. Even though i know it;s not logical (which I usually am) nor fair.

But my heart tells me that people like jarred, people like tyler, likely have similar, enabling parents. Again, it;s not my brain saying that, it;s my gut.
But it has been an emotional day today.

If a hospitalized patient is in police custody, they are listed as confidential and all contact with the family or anyone else regarding the patient has to go through law enforcement. That is probably why mom was sent away.

That's right. LE gets to decide who talks to the punk. Not mom. Even though he's a minor. A big, hulking, sadistic, creepy, revolting minor.

I am guessing if second suspect exists, he/she was more of an accomplice after the fact.

I tend to agree. We'll see. Either way, an accomplice after the fact faces similar penalties.

I'm seriously puzzled by all of the evidence he (they?) left for police to pin it on him. Okay, I can see how leaving her body like that indicates panic. But then he identifies the victim before anyone else knows. He makes up conflicting alibis. He attends the memorial wearing a t shirt saying "wanted". Stands watching LE search the family's house. It's as if he wanted to get caught. I don't think it's simply a matter of being stupid. Nobody can be that stupid and actually function day-to-day can they? I think he set the fires and I wonder if it was because he was p'd off that he hadn't been caught yet.

Have you seen his FB?

I would think if he's capable of talking at all they would encourage the visit with mom, they could secretly record the whole thing and maybe he'd confess to her or share important details ... Or ... Implicate another.

I wonder of she hired him an attorney or herself?

Oh gosh, that''s why jarred harrell was allowed that 18.23 minute love fest with his mother I just referenced. It led nowhere, BTW.

Do we know for a fact that the neighbors were all in on this arrest/suspect and were all keeping quiet? Or is this an assumption? Just trying to clarify.

I think yes. The news at least reported that they told some neighbors what was going to go down with the arrest, beforehand. Also, one poster stated that many neighbors knew where LE was looking and much information about what tyler said about where he was, how he was pacing, staring, that he had a tarp in his backyard, etc., but no one altered media and they kept it pretty quiet. Since the warrant reflects this information, I tend to believe it;s true.

Because it was an isolated event from LE's perspective. I don't think they use the same definition we do. One murder, one murderer, possibly with an accomplice. He's not a serial killer, he's not connected to a gang, he's not part of organized crime making a hit. While he might eventually have killed again if not caught, it wasn't likely to be soon.

I don;t know. IMO, anyone capable of such a hideou7s act will strike again or is at great risk of doing so. No way to tell that a 17 year old who has murdered won;t do so again. Maybe they just wanted to lull the perp into a sense of security.

Did notice that KH's lawyer specializes in juvenile criminal law...know she isn't the minor here. Could LE not be working with mom seeing her son because SHE has lawyered her son up!?

Good sleuthing. My guess is this creep has had prior juvenile legal issues.

Oh, did I mention that I hate him? (Sorry :blushing:).

Does a juvenile sex offender have a public record? TIA

We need to check the timeline on this. When did the family start knocking on doors? I really thought it was later. And we have CC saying that he saw the tarp in the street "earlier" and thought it was trash. I don't think she lived very long after he took her.

I don't know but the arrest warrant says her patents last saw her at 2:30.

:floorlaugh:

Sigg was a juvenile. This perp is not. 17 is an adult in Texas.

That's not true: http://codes.lp.findlaw.com/txstatutes/CP/6/129/129.001

I wonder if his mom noticed the tarp missing and if so what reason he gave for it being gone.

I live in Texas and I don't want to pay for him to stay in prison or pay his attorney bill.

:twocents:

And being 17, he is not eligible for the death penalty. Nor life without parole.

So many similarities to Jessica Ridgeway's case. :(

Thank goodness this is off the streets.

respectfully snipped

Have you seen his FB?

respectfully snipped

No, I don't have an account but I hear he's pretty dim. I guess I'm imagining the typical stoner but it sounds like that's even giving him too much credit.

So many similarities to Jessica Ridgeway's case. :(

Thank goodness this is off the streets.

One thing they all have in common is they are just senseless murders, no matter what their story is and done with no regard to the child, their family or the child's family.

I don't know but the arrest warrant says her patents last saw her at 2:30.

That's not true: http://codes.lp.findlaw.com/txstatutes/CP/6/129/129.001

He is part of the adult legal system at 17. He does not get the same miranda rights as a juvenile. A parent does not have to be present for questioning. If he requests a parent, they do not have to allow it. They are only required to allow an attorney.

And being 17, he is not eligible for the death penalty. Nor life without parole.
He can still be in jail for life. He can get life with the ELIGIBILITY of parole only after 40 years served. They do not have to grant parole.

The Texas Penal Code mentions explicitly that you cannot be put to death if younger than 18 at the time the crime was committed. Currently, Gov. Rick Perry has legislation before him that was passed by the Legislature. This new legislation is awaiting his signature. The law would allow the state to charge a 17-year-old with life with parole. Technically, it's not a law yet. But, it probably doesn't matter. The U.S. Supreme Court has already held that you cannot sentence a 17-year-old to life without parole. To go for a life without parole sentence, the state would likely have to convince the Supreme Court to reconsider its ruling. It's doubtful that it would do so.

The Supreme Court also has ruled on death sentences for a 17-year-old by denying states the right to execution. The Court has refused to hear any new cases calling for a change to the precedent, which was established in the case Roper v. Simmons. Here is the language already in the Texas Penal Code regarding the age limit for executions. Since I am including it whole-hog, I bolded the appropriate area.

Sec. 8.07. AGE AFFECTING CRIMINAL RESPONSIBILITY. (a) A person may not be prosecuted for or convicted of any offense that the person committed when younger than 15 years of age except:
(1) perjury and aggravated perjury when it appears by proof that the person had sufficient discretion to understand the nature and obligation of an oath;
(2) a violation of a penal statute cognizable under Chapter 729, Transportation Code, except for conduct for which the person convicted may be sentenced to imprisonment or confinement in jail;
(3) a violation of a motor vehicle traffic ordinance of an incorporated city or town in this state;
(4) a misdemeanor punishable by fine only;
(5) a violation of a penal ordinance of a political subdivision;
(6) a violation of a penal statute that is, or is a lesser included offense of, a capital felony, an aggravated controlled substance felony, or a felony of the first degree for which the person is transferred to the court under Section 54.02, Family Code, for prosecution if the person committed the offense when 14 years of age or older; or
(7) a capital felony or an offense under Section 19.02 for which the person is transferred to the court under Section 54.02(j)(2)(A), Family Code.
(b) Unless the juvenile court waives jurisdiction under Section 54.02, Family Code, and certifies the individual for criminal prosecution or the juvenile court has previously waived jurisdiction under that section and certified the individual for criminal prosecution, a person may not be prosecuted for or convicted of any offense committed before reaching 17 years of age except an offense described by Subsections (a)(1)-(5).
(c) No person may, in any case, be punished by death for an offense committed while the person was younger than 18 years.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
crimedeepdives23