GUILTY TX - Alanna Gallagher, 6, Saginaw, 1 July 2013 - #10

Status
Not open for further replies.
He can still be in jail for life. He can get life with the ELIGIBILITY of parole only after 40 years served. They do not have to grant parole.

This is a good point. When he becomes eligible for parole, though, many of us will have moved on to greener pastures, to use what might be considered a Texas twist on the afterlife.

Unfortunately, Alanna's parents may be gone in 40 years, too. But I sure want to believe that her siblings will have something to say about Holder if he is ever scheduled for a parole hearing.

The Texas Penal Code mentions explicitly that you cannot be put to death if younger than 18 at the time the crime was committed. Currently, Gov. Rick Perry has legislation before him that was passed by the Legislature. This new legislation is awaiting his signature. The law would allow the state to charge a 17-year-old with life with parole. Technically, it's not a law yet. But, it probably doesn't matter. The U.S. Supreme Court has already held that you cannot sentence a 17-year-old to life without parole. To go for a life without parole sentence, the state would likely have to convince the Supreme Court to reconsider its ruling. It's doubtful that it would do so.

The Supreme Court also has ruled on death sentences for a 17-year-old by denying states the right to execution. The Court has refused to hear any new cases calling for a change to the precedent, which was established in the case Roper v. Simmons. Here is the language already in the Texas Penal Code regarding the age limit for executions. Since I am including it whole-hog, I bolded the appropriate area.

Yes. We discussed this in the last thread, but it got pretty buried with the news happening so rapidly!!!

As far as I am concerned I think there is no maybe to it. Someone moved her body and he didn't just go carrying her in broad daylight wrapped up in a tarp 9/10th of a mile away and just dropped her in the street. If his car never moved then someone else was at the house. I would love to see those videos from the neighbors.

Right there with you.
LE said the car or cars seemed to be loitering in the neighborhood, the ones they posted of the surveillance cameras'
Car coming in to visit Tyler, caught on camera.
Car leaving neighborhood to drop off body, caught on camera.
Car coming back in neighborhood to drop off Tyler, caught on camera.
Car leaving neighborhood to go home, caught on camera.
Lots of comings and goings for a car that probably does not live in the neighborhood.

He can still be in jail for life. He can get life with the ELIGIBILITY of parole only after 40 years served. They do not have to grant parole.

And is that 40 years before eligibility on just the single charge of murder?

IOW, say he is charged with and found guilty of rape, murder, and 1st degree felony aggravated assault (shooting police officer)....or does what happened today fall under attempted murder?

Considering the last offense (agg assault or attempt murder) was 21 days after the first two, would they even run that sentence concurrently with the first sentences (if found guilty of all?)

To kidnap and Rape a 6 year old??
I will Never understand it.
Ever.
Then to go on and murder-a 6 year old child that you have just brutalized.
I will never understand this.
But it keeps on happening. Over and over again.
Is America really still a first world country?
I am loosing my faith that she is.
Right now, I am sick to my stomach.
This just keeps happening in America at a beyond alarming rate.
How are these monsters being raised where even a young boy can do such heinous acts-then try to take down law enforcement too boot?
Where are their Mother's and Father's?
Were they raised on violent video games and violent rap music?
Even so My God.
Why, why, why and HOW could he do such an unforgivable crime against an innocent child.
Do I think he can be redeemed?
Nope.
He is the devil's child now.

I live in Texas and I don't want to pay for him to stay in prison or pay his attorney bill.

:twocents:

Who's the 2nd potential suspect? Yeah, how did he get her from wherever to where he dumped her? (Sorry Alanna RIP)

And is that 40 years before eligibility on just the single charge of murder?

IOW, say he is charged with and found guilty of rape, murder, and 1st degree felony aggravated assault (shooting police officer)....or does what happened today fall under attempted murder?

Considering the last offense (agg assault or attempt murder) was 21 days after the first two, would they even run that sentence concurrently with the first sentences (if found guilty of all?)

No idea, sorry. The life with parole after 40 years, is for the capital offense. There would be additional time for each charge. I don't know how that time would be served. That's up to the system.

:waitasec:

https://www.oag.state.tx.us/teens/crime/juvenile.shtml

If you are 17 or older, you are an adult, subject to the adult justice system.

ETA:

http://www.deathpenaltyinfo.org/execution-juveniles-us-and-other-countries

SIXTEEN AND ABOVE (3 states) Connecticut, New York, North Carolina
SEVENTEEN AND ABOVE (9 states) Georgia, Illinois, Louisiana, Massachusetts, Michigan, New Hampshire, South Carolina, Texas, Wisconsin

He is part of the adult legal system at 17. He does not get the same miranda rights as a juvenile. A parent does not have to be present for questioning. If he requests a parent, they do not have to allow it. They are only required to allow an attorney.

Oops! You are right!

This is a good point. When he becomes eligible for parole, though, many of us will have moved on to greener pastures, to use what might be considered a Texas twist on the afterlife.

Unfortunately, Alanna's parents may be gone in 40 years, too. But I sure want to believe that her siblings will have something to say about Holder if he is ever scheduled for a parole hearing.

This is Texas. He's never getting out if he survives the gunshot wound.

Who's the 2nd potential suspect? Yeah, how did he get her from wherever to where he dumped her? (Sorry Alanna RIP)

We don't know. LE has not identified one yet. But it sure looks as though there is one.

Today's video coverage by KDFW Fox4 in Dallas has been uploaded to their Youtube account.

7/23/2013 http://youtu.be/RzHIchz54wU Shots fired in Saginaw

7/23/2013 http://youtu.be/3dupHTSof0Q Officer, murder suspect shot

7/23/2013 http://youtu.be/PHaR3mysvk0 Saginaw girl sexually assaulted, killed.

7/23/2013 http://youtu.be/OfFxIoHkQSk More about teen suspect Tyler Holder

7/23/2013 http://youtu.be/_-JLHvrKngo Arlington officer shot

7/23/2013 http://youtu.be/NNKT4vmvRsQ Warrant states DNA links neighbor teen to girl's death

Oops! You are right!

This is Texas. He's never getting out if he survives the gunshot wound.

I think you are so right. I think there isn't a chance he gets out. In reality, if he survives it, he might not even make it to 40 years. Prisons here (and maybe everywhere else) tend to have their own justice system.

Just wanted to clarify something I live here and it would be almost impossible for him to physically carry her body in a tarp and drop it off to Cindy lane. He would pass many depending on which route he took... Through Willow Creek park he would have passed a number of people. If he cut through the neighborhood behind the park it would have been caught on camera. Most houses in that addition have cameras. If he would have went down to Old Decatur Road he would have been seen carrying a tarp or trash bag. EVERY street or possible route he could have took is highly populated during the day. I do not think he carried her off. He would of had to have had a vehicle to use.

Just wanted to clarify something I live here and it would be almost impossible for him to physically carry her body in a tarp and drop it off to Cindy lane. He would pass many depending on which route he took... Through Willow Creek park he would have passed a number of people. If he cut through the neighborhood behind the park it would have been caught on camera. Most houses in that addition have cameras. If he would have went down to Old Decatur Road he would have been seen carrying a tarp or trash bag. EVERY street or possible route he could have took is highly populated during the day. I do not think he carried her off. He would of had to have had a vehicle to use.

Welcome to WS.
Do you think it would it be possible on a scooter?

As far as I know..( I'm no drug expert) there isn't a drug in the world that has what he did as a side effect.

Whatever he was smoking obviously did not make him mellow. He has no excuse.

This would have been a four minute drive. Approx. 22 minute walk. Very easy to show up and drop if you have no idea what you are dropping or a soul if you do know. jmo

Borrow a car for a few minutes, have your friends show up for a few or fire it up out of the garage for the thrill of it (friend) or a payoff in drugs?

No id on the vehicles put out. No one has come forward. They lingered in the area. Close by. DNA on suspect number 2 is coming, I hope if there is one. jmo

If there is a 2nd suspect, imo they would have come forward to LE long ago if they unknowingly gave TH a lift somewhere and dropped the tarp.

This leads me to believe if there is a 2nd suspect then they are just as dangerous as TH. For all we know TH could have just been the puppet and this second suspect was telling him what to do. <shudder>

I'm rather curious about the "men" he had sex with since he was jail bait not too long ago himself. Maybe one of them decided he was getting too old for him and talked him into doing it so he could watch. Or maybe I should stop thinking and go to bed. Probably the latter. :twocents:

I wonder what you say? If you were wanting drugs from TH? Yes, occifer. I was the one at the corner of walk and don't walk in the dark colored vehicle dropping off a package for TH. Not the one car as it was way older than mine and trash...? I'm the one in the hot car?

If his condition was so critical that he was close to death, wouldn't they let the mother see him one last time? I wonder if his condition isn't as critical as they are saying?

If he is near death, the mother would get to see him one last time for a few minutes, IMO. I have known of loved ones being able to spend a few minutes with an inmate in the prison ward with at least two officers present if the inmate is not expected to live. I have also seen this happen in the ER.

In this case, he would be under heavy LE guard and with at least one hand handcuffed to the bed, IMO. That is done no matter how critical the patient is. If he (I refuse to say his name) is conscious (sp?), he has been read his rights and placed under arrest. If he is critical, he may not have been formally arrested yet because he would have to be able to understand his rights.

Personally, I would rather he not make it because I would hate to see Alanna's parents and loved ones have to sit in court and listen to what this monster did to her and also have to see the autopsy photos.

I have posted only a few times in Alanna's case. I have read all of the posts, though. I thought this murder was done by a young person, but I was wrong about which young person(s).

May Alanna's family have the strength to face tomorrow, and the next day, and the day after that. It will take so many, many days, months, and years for them to go about their normal lives and to heal. Believe me, I know. GB them.

MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members