FL FL - Broward Co., WhtFem Skeletal 757UFFL, 46-60, silver wedding band, Nov'86

The nearly 5-year timeframe is a bit long, given that clothing was found with the body. No indication that she was missing all of her teeth. And her initials aren't Y.E.M. (BTW, there is only one person on my entire 12,000 name list whose initials are Y.E.M., and it's a child missing in 2005.)

Nothing that by itself would exclude, but I would say she's unlikely.

the MP in this link is Patricia Ford, missing from Pinellas County on January 26, 1982. age, height and weight are correct.

one thing about the ring, Patricia was an antique collector - "Ford regularly bought and sold antiques at the Oldsmar flea market." - per the circumstances. it is possible, but I can't place odds on it, that she bought a nice looking ring at an estate sale or something to give her the appearance of being married.

Police theorize - Ford was last seen removing $5,000 from her bank in Tampa. She was going to buy antique figurines from a woman who was about to move into a nursing home. Police never found the seller, and suspect Patricia may have been victim of a scheme to rob or abduct her.

so robbery and strangulation are certainly in the realm of reason here.

At first I thought it could be a match but it's a very long drive between the address and car of Patricia T Ford to where the skull was found.
I think Patricia was on her way to buy antiques and was intercepted on what appears to be a one way street half a mile from her home. Probably pulled over and convinced to get into someones car to complete the journey.

if someone planned enough to bilk a senior citizen out of $5,000 by posing as an antiques seller it would not be a stretch that they planned to kill her and dump her body far from home. although it would have been easier to dump a body in any swamp in central Florida, it is not outside the realm of possibility.

The clothing may indicate she had not been there as long as to make this a likely match
I too looked everywhere for someone with the initials YEM
Nothing.

let's analyze the initials. if it is a woman's name we are probably talking about an Yvonne or Yvette. there are Spanish names that start with Y and being South Florida the UID could be Cuban who are mostly white. but the types of Spanish names beginning with Y that I am thinking about I don't associate with the elderly like Yesenia, Yasmine, Yomira, Yolanda, etc.

here is a list I found on the internet:

http://www.20000-names.com/female_y_names.htm

I can't think of many mens names that start with Y. Yves is one of the few that came to mind but here is a list:

http://www.thinkbabynames.com/list/1/Y

there are some Russian sounding names in the bunch of both lists.

I had an idea on how to find possibly missing persons in FL but I quickly found out it is not as easily done as I thought it might have been.

each state maintains a database of unclaimed funds so any missing person probably had at least a bank account or some uncashed checks payable to him or her especially if he or she was single, divorced or widowed.

the problem with Florida's database is that a last name is required. using Miller as a last name I was able to find an Yvonne E. Miller. However, there is no date for the unclaimed funds nor is there any great probability that that Yvonne E. Miller is deceased. probably most unclaimed accounts are from living persons who moved, etc.

that was just one last name. there are many common surnames that begin with M such as Murray, Murphy, Mc____, etc.

Having grown up in Broward county I can consider it old stomping grounds. Alligator Ally is also St. Rd 84 and comes out of Ft. Lauderdale and runs up to Tampa. It's one of the only routes connecting the east coast to west coast of Fla in the southern half.

Wow the 60 mile marker means she had to be on the western edge of Broward county. Yes it's swamp land with a very few stopping points in between. Her body was closer to the east coast, possibly Ft. Lauderdale, Hollywood, Davie, Miami maybe etc... a few more cities in that mix.

Yes Tampa is possible but it's quite a stretch to haul a body. It's quite a distance even for the east coast, she didn't walk there. Lot's of area to cover.

Good Luck everyone...

when initials go on a ring...
they are not in regular order
so if the person's name Y E M
could be first name last [ M]

last name

Middle name [ first]
so looking for anyone missing with any of these initials in any order may work?

and as we all know, people do pawn rings and people do buy pawned intialed rings...

not getting a decnet close up of the inside of the ring
the Y to me looks more like a fancy V

when you think of fancy initials on jewelry
the letters are not block and could be something like the E instead being an S
the initials could be upside down
making them

H E W ? W E N ?
the engraving doesn't look too worn for the age of the woman either...
she may have worn the ring sometimes not all the time?

Please go to the website and see the pic of the ring[ can't post here?]​

Sorry to rain on the parade, but I think the Y.E.M. y'all are chasing is a red herring. If you look at the photo upside down, it's pretty clear to me that the engraving reads 14k USA.

Right side up, the engraving looks like W.S.N. to me and not Y.E.M., but I believe the inscription is telling us that the ring is 14k gold, made in the USA. White gold, obviously.

Unless the Y.E.M. is engraved on the other side of the ring that isn't shown in the photo I'm looking at; then I stand corrected.

Sorry to rain on the parade, but I think the Y.E.M. y'all are chasing is a red herring. If you look at the photo upside down, it's pretty clear to me that the engraving reads 14k USA.

Right side up, the engraving looks like W.S.N. to me and not Y.E.M., but I believe the inscription is telling us that the ring is 14k gold, made in the USA. White gold, obviously.

Unless the Y.E.M. is engraved on the other side of the ring that isn't shown in the photo I'm looking at; then I stand corrected.

I'm inclined to agree with you, except that I can't make the last letter look like anything but an M. It's definitely got the extra stroke on it. Definitely 14k though.

I enlarged and rotated the photo, attached.

Attachments

• 757UFFL ring.jpg
    757UFFL ring.jpg
    48.6 KB · Views: 138
I'm inclined to agree with you, except that I can't make the last letter look like anything but an M. It's definitely got the extra stroke on it. Definitely 14k though.

Yeah, I see what you mean. Whether it says USA or USM, I still think it's just a jeweler's mark, and not the initials of the victim or her husband.

The picture isn't clear enough for me to be sure. Is that middle character a fancy "and" sign? The kind that looks like an E with a line through it?

That would make the engraving "U&M" or "Y&M" or possibly "V&M"

I noticed while watching some baseball games on TV this week that there are quite a few Hispanic men's names starting in Y -- Ysdras, Yago, Yoel, Yosef. Also Russian and Hebrew names. One baby names site listed about 200.

A jewelry store guy at the mall thought it would be a bit unusual to have the engraving on the same line as the karat mark, unless it was a semi-custom piece of jewelry, in which case it might have been cheaper to do it all together. (Semi-custom=ordered for you, but made from a standard pattern.) He also said a lot of women wear rings like this as jewelry.

I assume they think it's a wedding band because she was wearing it on the ring finger of her left hand.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288
Back