TX - 'Lori Ruff', Longview, WhtFem UP9863, *General Discussion and Theories* #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think I was wrong. HerStory suggested "Christine Shaver" which I believe is correct.
jmo

My middle name is Christine and I absolutely think that says Christine Shaver. My signature looks a lot like that.

Amy Billig? Amy would be in her mid 50s if living. If she was Amy, why hide her identity? Her family is desperately looking for her.

I swear when I image googled her I got a person same name but added fox as last tat looks just like her.

My middle name is Christine and I absolutely think that says Christine Shaver. My signature looks a lot like that.

I thought Christina but those siggys are bugging me. They seem unreadable on purpose. I do that sometimes at work for various reasons. The "h" on both signatures looks exactly the same.. Also it almost looks like an Indian name on the first one. ( like the country not tribe ;)) when I google image buckeye parachute I kept getting pushed to Phoenix for some reason.

Except for the fact that the original name was stolen identity that would make sense

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 2

The stolen identity was used only as a buffer from her real identity. It prevents you from tracing backwards. She couldn't use her real ID to make a name change or she would leave a paper trail back to her old self. This way, she gets a fresh SS number, which is a new lease on life really, isn't it? She could have gone back to her real name or a version of it, because the SS would be different, and her height and weight would be different on the ID. We rule stuff out all the time if not exact match, yes? Well intel people in an LE office do too. Too much work to follow a " could be, if they were taller"...

By the way it is evidently still easy to so this according to a very seedy person I spoke to at work last night. He ran into legal trouble and had assumed many IDs . He said the trick is to move often and change your middle name often but change whole name once in awhile. This guy was very smart. His GF was a tweaked and was very high and gave me some other insight which I won't post, but my coworker was like... Heck, let's do it. I need a break from my life! Lol.

By the way it is evidently still easy to so this according to a very seedy person I spoke to at work last night. He ran into legal trouble and had assumed many IDs . He said the trick is to move often and change your middle name often but change whole name once in awhile. This guy was very smart. His GF was a tweaked and was very high and gave me some other insight which I won't post, but my coworker was like... Heck, let's do it. I need a break from my life! Lol.

No don't Linda. Everyone has their hands full here as it is :floorlaugh:

Regarding her name change, I can't believe there isn't more information in the court records as to what the "allegations" were that convinced the court to allow her to change her name.

The note found in her box stated "records" beside the Hollywood Police phone #.
Why else would she need records? Seems to me that these records would have been required by the court to confirm her allegations. Otherwise, just anyone could claim this or that, and get a legal, illegal name change.:waitasec:

I mean really, something's missing here. For one thing, how would she have records from Hollywood PD under the name of BST? Yet that was the name she used for her, what, false or legitimate allegations. And the name she was living under when she got her legal name change to LEK.

So would she not had to have had some kind of police records with allegations of some sort of abuse, under the name of BST ? Or is it possible that the court knows her real name and knew that she wasn't really BST? Could they have sealed that information?

This case is downright crazy and bizarre, nothing about it makes any sense. :banghead:

Regarding her name change, I can't believe there isn't more information in the court records as to what the "allegations" were that convinced the court to allow her to change her name.

Why else would she need records? Seems to me that these records would have been required by the court to confirm her allegations. Otherwise, just anyone could claim this or that, and get a legal, illegal name change.:waitasec:

I mean really, something's missing here. For one thing, how would she have records from Hollywood PD under the name of BST? Yet that was the name she used for her, what, false or legitimate allegations. And the name she was living under when she got her legal name change to LEK.

So would she not had to have had some kind of police records with allegations of some sort of abuse, under the name of BST ? Or is it possible that the court knows her real name and knew that she wasn't really BST? Could they have sealed that information?

This case is downright crazy and bizarre, nothing about it makes any sense. :banghead:

from my experience (adult friend changed his name) an adult can change their name without giving any real reason. you fill out the forms, have them notarized, post them on the courthouse board for a week, complete a background check, then take all the documents to the clerk where a judge rubber stamps them. i think if you had prior convictions or were changing your name to something ridiculous they might have an issue, but other than that you really don't have to have a reason.

This could be way out in left field, but could she have possibly murdered her abusive parent/parents (and maybe one parent knew and was happy about it)?

from my experience (adult friend changed his name) an adult can change their name without giving any real reason. you fill out the forms, have them notarized, post them on the courthouse board for a week, complete a background check, then take all the documents to the clerk where a judge rubber stamps them. i think if you had prior convictions or were changing your name to something ridiculous they might have an issue, but other than that you really don't have to have a reason.

That's exactly right and you don't even have to do all of that stuff. My husband changed his name shortly before we were married. His father had been "unofficially adopted" as a child by a stepfather whose last name he took. The whole family now has that last name which is almost ALWAYS misspelled by people who hear it. My husband wanted to go back to the real family name and he didn't particularly like his middle name. So he changed his middle and last name legally. They asked him verbally why he wanted to change his name but other than that, there is nothing in the records for a "reason" as it's perfectly legal in the United States for an adult to change their name at any time unless they are changing it for fraudulent purposes. Obviously, the court didn't know that LEK had stolen the identity of a diseased child.

My husband filed the request and then appeared before the judge in court for the name change. I was with him when he filed but not with him in court (the judge had a dentist appointment that day so my husband had to come back the next morning) but I don't think there was anything more than simply stating his reason for wanting the change and the judge rubber stamped the request. We still keep the official name change document for legal reasons, of course.

Thank you so much. Dateline would be PERFECT to carry this story!

Yes! It would be very interesting to see the Ruff family on camera - just to get a "feel" for their emotions re. Lori and the whole situation. I'm thinking that if they consented to interviews for the newspaper article that they would probably do tv? Hopefully!

Yes! It would be very interesting to see the Ruff family on camera - just to get a "feel" for their emotions re. Lori and the whole situation. I'm thinking that if they consented to interviews for the newspaper article that they would probably do tv? Hopefully!

have this odd feeling this will never happen-hope I am wrong , it would be great, possibily be solved, but I doubt it will happen!

I live in the los angeles area and I happen to know 3 people who changed their names in the late 80s for various reasons. 1 guy I know just changed it for no particular reason. He was young maybe 18 and wanted to be different and he said it was so easy at the time all he had to do was go to the DMV and fill out a form. Its not like that now.

have this odd feeling this will never happen-hope I am wrong , it would be great, possibily be solved, but I doubt it will happen!

Unfortunately I have to agree. I get the vibe the Ruffs aren't too keen on talking about this case. They would probably not be too hip to the idea of a Dateline special.

I don't think they were actually interviewed for the Seattle Times article. It written as if these were things that the SSA investigator or the church minister heard or observed.

It would be great if a show like Dateline were to air the story, but I don't think interviews with the Ruff's would be part of the show.

1) The Ruff family had a family friend who was a congressman who served on the House intelligence committee. It was this congressman who brought the case to Velling's attention because they were scared that she was a 'KGB Mole'. Okay?!?! Why would they be scared? Why are they associated to House intelligence? Does the Ruff family have something to hide? What would a KBG mole possibly gain from marrying into the Ruff clan?

2) Is it just me or does anyone else see the coincidence that the note page includes a bunch of phone company details and then she ultimately married someone who worked for Verizon?

3) She *MUST* have revealed some amount of true details of her past and childhood to Blake in the time that they were married. Almost every fiction writer weaves a certain degree of truth into their novels. FLEK would have to be so incredibly detached from reality to construct an entirely different back story that does not draw from actual experiences. ie. hubby and I were driving on holidays and there were so many sights and places that compelled us to share our past experiences. Like going to such-and-such lake with so-and-so on certain dates. These little clues likely reveal more than the Ruff family realize or want to sincerely acknowledge. They seem to be too fixated on their own perspectives to consider that FLEK wasn't all that they allege her to be. Funny how the Seattle Times article claims, "Lori constantly found fault with them. She’d hold on to every perceived slight and complain about them incessantly." Blake must have been totally caught in the cross-fire because the same could be said about the Ruff's. I wonder how content Blake would have been in his marriage had his family not been so critical or imposing on their son's marriage. On one hand, they claim that he took things at face value (implies that he is laid back), yet he could not handle the tension between his wife and parents.

The article states how FLEK tried desperately to win Blake back, despite him moving back in with his parents and how involved his twin was in their counselling meetings. Yet, upon her death, he was inconsolable. It really gives me the impression that they loved and accepted one another and found a balance that the parents did not approve of.

4) The note page appears to have been folded into quarters. Could this have affected the orientation and sequences of her note taking?

5) It has been stated that the evidence shared has been vetted and selected in regards to 'relevance'. I think that this aspect is problematic because the relevance is being determined by other parties. Who knows how the rest of the cache of evidence could provide insight/answers from others? Either way....Velling approached the media for help and to expand the exposure to his mystery. Websleuth members have did some top-notch brainstorming and research...likely providing clues or perspectives that the investigators had not considered before. I think that an update or touch-base would be considerate of Velling on the current standing of research....otherwise, we are just spinning our wheels and tossing out theories without much validation on his behalf. I think that I may slow down my dedication to this search until we get a 'hotter-colder' clue from Velling's corner.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong