Becky Sue Turner and related

Except the fact that she died in 1971. There was no internet to search obituaries.

From the timeline: July 18, 1969 - Becky Sue Turner born in Bakersfield, Calif. (Becky Turner birth certificate)
December 30, 1971 – Becky Sue dies in Fife, Washington house fire at age 2 (Becky Sue Turner death certificate, Becky's first name was misspelled )

As well...the obit does not list a birthdate, just an age and place of birth.

i still think the theory that she hired a "professional" for identity change help makes the most sense.

the articles say "Jane Doe gets a copy of Becky Sue’s birth certificate from Kern County, Calif." but none of them actually indicate she was the one requesting the birth certificate. someone likely called or mailed asking for a copy.

the people who do this seedy kind of thing professionally often troll news for candidates. children make the most sense as they don't have credit/job/criminal histories. a child who was born/died in different states makes an ideal candidate because it's harder to trace as even in 2013 a lot of states don't communicate that information to each other.

as far as not having specifics in newspaper articles, it's easy enough for someone who does this kind of thing to visit/call/write the local records office and request information.

unless we find a connection between her and the turner family (and i think it is definitely worth continuing to look) it makes more sense that she had help than the idea that she was able to pull this off by herself.

Clergy have access to births and deaths and newspapers print that info.
Considering LEK's connection to church and reluctance to post info in the paper, maybe she once worked in a clerical position at one of those places..

I think even though Becky Sue's parents didn't recognize LEK's picture, it is still quite possible that LEK could have heard about this tragic fire when she was a child. For instance she could have been a classmate of the older Turner girl or had family living nearby. I do wonder how a stranger would learn Becky Sue's date of birth, back in the pre-internet days, maybe there was another obituary published somewhere else, maybe the cemetery would have records, even if it was not on the gravestone?

The obit we have doesn't list any dates or times for the visitation or funeral. Maybe there was a follow-up obit with more detail, or maybe one in the local paper where the grandparents lived.

The obit we have doesn't list any dates or times for the visitation or funeral. Maybe there was a follow-up obit with more detail, or maybe one in the local paper where the grandparents lived.

The death certificate should have the DOB, right? Not sure this was discussed at all given the amount of discussion, but it seems like getting the DOB wouldn't be a big problem.

The death certificate should have the DOB, right? Not sure this was discussed at all given the amount of discussion, but it seems like getting the DOB wouldn't be a big problem.

agreed, not to mention we're only assuming you'd have to know the specific dob to get the birth certificate. if you called and knew the father's name, mother's name, kid's name, year of birth, etc i think we all know that depending on who answers the phone you might get the birth certificate with basically no information.

agreed, not to mention we're only assuming you'd have to know the specific dob to get the birth certificate. if you called and knew the father's name, mother's name, kid's name, year of birth, etc i think we all know that depending on who answers the phone you might get the birth certificate with basically no information.

Without using an identity broker, this would have to be the case if she didn't know the family. The DOB on the death certificate is three days earlier than the DOB on the birth certificate. If she had gotten the date from the death certificate it would have been incorrect.

Not sure if this has been brought up, but if purchased from a broker, it seems that the other deceased child's name would be for sale, too. I cannot see a broker passing up a perfectly good name. If new KFT followed LEK's lead, she would have petitioned for name change ASAP. Knowing KFT birthday would make it easier to search on for us.

I am leaning towards she knew about the tragedy somehow, but if one had to access to search name changes........

Not sure if this has been brought up, but if purchased from a broker, it seems that the other deceased child's name would be for sale, too. I cannot see a broker passing up a perfectly good name. If new KFT followed LEK's lead, she would have petitioned for name change ASAP. Knowing KFT birthday would make it easier to search on for us.

I am leaning towards she knew about the tragedy somehow, but if one had to access to search name changes........

good point. we should search to see if anyone has used the other deceased child's name.

Would KFT's identity be as easy to use if she had already applied to for her SSN?

As well...the obit does not list a birthdate, just an age and place of birth.

Ah thank you that makes a little sense.

But I agree...perhaps there was a follow up obit. Maybe a newspaper article? Maybe FLEK knew of the family. Maybe she worked at a records office and just stole the certificate? That might account for her knowledge of name changes and the like.

Would KFT's identity be as easy to use if she had already applied to for her SSN?

But just like us, we do not know KFT or AMT's birthdays in order to trace back and see if someone is indeed using them as well. Someone would have to have that intimate knowledge to either research the possibility or assume the identity.

Good point about a broker using the other sisters' names, but I think the reason Becky Sue's identity was so easy to use was because she was born in Bakersfield, CA and she died in Washington State. The newspaper clipping that was posted with the Seattle Times article stated that the other two sisters were born and died in Washington, Anne Marie (born in Auburn - I think they meant Ann Marie in the clipping, they wrote Becky Sue, but that had to be a typo. Also, Auburn could be California, but they just write Auburn without a state, so I presume it means Washington.) and Kay Frances (born in Puyallup). So a broker probably would not have bothered with the other two sisters.

BOy is there a bunch of KTs in TX. But there are three with the same exact middle name, all with different ages. Also one with the same middle initial. Just a Starting place. Please also be aware that sometimes names that are stolen are used over and over by different people. My husband just got stopped at the border because he has a very common first and last name. Border agents had to look through a ton of photos of wanted people with his name so that he could be ruled out and let to cross the border.

http://www.beenverified.com/p/tx/kay+turner

Okay, so I went back to the birth certificate and became interested in where BST's father worked and started googling. I can't tell if it was a horse farm back then, or a migrant worker-type farm or a drilling company. But, could FLEK have known of the Turner family through Mr. T's employment and heard about the death and maybe knew the birthdate or had access to it through his employer?

I was thinking LEKR knew about BST death somehow. I wonder if LEKR might be related to BST step grandfather. If so, she would have access to grandmother and perhaps entire Turner family in a on the fringe sort of way.

Was Mrs. B. Yocum (BST's grandparent per obit/news) TJT's mother?? Was Bobby the husband (step-grandfather) OR is Bobby a female (variation of Roberta)? I'm lost on this one.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Eleanor D.
Back