IA IA - Elizabeth Collins, 8, & Lyric Cook, 10, Evansdale, 13 July 2012 - #33

Status
Not open for further replies.
@carbuff I will find out if the car thing is a rumor tonight. I have a very good family friend that know the owners of Ikeys Junkyard VERY well as he has been a mechanic all his life. I don't know if there is any relation between RJF and CMF. Would like to know but that is not what caught my attention or has me stuck on this guy. Way before I found out his name I had read about this person but no name was given. On another note, I just received a message on my FB page Our Angels Among Us that I am going to look into. I will let you know people what I uncover this weekend. And thank you for the kind words. Yes, it is my sisters death that drives me to get involved

Let us know what make/model/color the vehicle is/was. Can you?? Right threecrazykids, wink wink nod nod...??

With my beliefs, this is the true rationale for justice. I believe that the dead are beyond caring about justice but the living survivors need it. When people say that a victim won't rest peacefully until their killer has gotten justice, I'm sorry, I just do not and cannot believe that.

I think that the survivors need justice, not so much for revenge (I don't value revenge) but so that they don't have to live their days looking at all the people around them and wondering "is it you? how about him? she's acted strangely ever since it happened, does she know something?" etc. And then the self-doubts: "did I bring this person into my loved one's life? am I accepting comfort from the person who killed my loved one? do I just not see the truth before me?"

Helluva good post Grainne Dhu! Some wise person once told me that funerals are for the living. Didn't really get it until I buried my son.

I looked back at some pictures from last year of Elizabeth's family praying for her safe return. Broke my heart to see Drew bowing down on the ground, praying/begging the Lord in earnest for her and Lyric to be returned.

Your POI is a registered sex offender and I'm pretty certain he had been checked out by LE. From what I can see, he isn't their POI.

Unfortunately, then I start to wonder who he may have mentioned Meyer's Lake and/or 7 Bridges to.

Everyone, please keep Rodger and his travels this weekend in your thoughts & prayers. He is like us, trying to find answers, justice, and ease the pain of the families of Lyric and Elizabeth; especially Drew & Heather who have a special place in their hearts for Rodger also.

Unfortunately, then I start to wonder who he may have mentioned Meyer's Lake and/or 7 Bridges to.

That's a good point.

When I think about how the girls weren't found together, it makes me wonder whether the person wasn't terribly familiar with the place and wasn't able to find the first location when he came back with the second girl.

Originally Posted by Grainne Dhu View Post
With my beliefs, this is the true rationale for justice. I believe that the dead are beyond caring about justice but the living survivors need it. When people say that a victim won't rest peacefully until their killer has gotten justice, I'm sorry, I just do not and cannot believe that.

I think that the survivors need justice, not so much for revenge (I don't value revenge) but so that they don't have to live their days looking at all the people around them and wondering "is it you? how about him? she's acted strangely ever since it happened, does she know something?" etc. And then the self-doubts: "did I bring this person into my loved one's life? am I accepting comfort from the person who killed my loved one? do I just not see the truth before me?"

Grainne Dhu, I honor and respect your opinion and would have agreed with you five years ago concerning the rationale for justice..
I do not believe that the dead are beyond caring about justice.
Time and time again, imo
serial predators are brought down by their innocent victims, even after death.. There is a spiritual connection involved in the battle between good and evil, imo. Imo, to dismiss this spiritual phenomenon contributes to many predators longevity, prevents the discovery of many victims remains, and prolongs justice for everyone concerned..
Until Good triumphs over Evil, Justice can not be served, imo..

http://www.learnoutloud.com/Catalog/Biography/Everyday-People/Between-Good-and-Evil/13839

Between Good and Evil is Roger L. Depue’s look back at a life spent apprehending criminals, especially serial killers, first as a small-town police chief, then an FBI-SWAT team member, Behavioral Sciences Unit chief, and a developer of revolutionary law enforcement programs.

The book also examines Depue’s experience studying with the Brothers of the Missionaries of the Holy Apostles in an attempt to discover why a good person like his wife, whom he had lost to cancer, is allowed to die while monstrous criminals get to live.

Following his time in the clergy, Depue returned to law-enforcement and today heads one of the world’s most elite think tanks; 'The Academy'..

My job has been to try to stop human predators before they kill again, and after studying them so closely over so many years, to me their traits seem clearly recognizable.
Evil is more than a vague notion. It is an entity, and it is manifest on the earth. It has reflexes and intuition, senses vulnerability, and changes its form to adapt to its surroundings. Those who do not believe the Devil walks this earth have not seen the things that I have seen.

Evil is not a discrete entity that springs forth fully formed. It is born in the mind, takes root there as fantasy, and prospers when normal human restraint can no longer contain it. I have seen it devour the personalities of men like Richard Speck, Jeffrey Dahmer, and Ted Bundy, turning them into blank-faced sociopaths who clearly know right from wrong, but choose, time and again, to follow their own base urges, with complete disregard for the terrible human suffering they cause.

I believe that every act of homicide causes a slight unbalancing in the world, and that it diminishes life’s universal equation. In the interest of justice, it is imperative that someone try to right that imbalance. But the task of fighting evil can take a terrible toll on the people who are charged with it. It can cost them their families, their equilibrium, their capacity for joy.

CMF has always been my number one suspect, alibi or no.

CMF has always been my number one suspect, alibi or no.

That's so interesting, because I just blew him off because he was 17. He's still a total creeper and bad, bad, bad. but It just didn't translate to him being my suspect. I guess I really don't know the details, and I was thinking a different set of circumstances that don't equal abduction and murder. Did you know some of that info that Roger shared as well? What other reasons do you have for suspecting him? Where is he now and what is he doing? I wonder if Drew has a PI on him. I hope Police are watching him very carefully.

I don't go in for police bashing, but I do think of the police the same way I think of doctors (ie Always call for your lab reports, never just trust that they will call you!!). They are just human and often make mistakes (sometimes very dumb ones). I never just trust or believe that they are doing more than it looks like. Sometimes they are, but sometimes they are not. JMO.

Certainly after Klunder they are on Lyric and Elizabeth's case and being careful not to miss anything obvious. :please:

That's so interesting, because I just blew him off because he was 17. He's still a total creeper and bad, bad, bad. but It just didn't translate to him being my suspect. I guess I really don't know the details, and I was thinking a different set of circumstances that don't equal abduction and murder. Did you know some of that info that Roger shared as well? What other reasons do you have for suspecting him? Where is he now and what is he doing? I wonder if Drew has a PI on him. I hope Police are watching him very carefully.

I don't go in for police bashing, but I do think of the police the same way I think of doctors (ie Always call for your lab reports, never just trust that they will call you!!). They are just human and often make mistakes (sometimes very dumb ones). I never just trust or believe that they are doing more than it looks like. Sometimes they are, but sometimes they are not. JMO.

Certainly after Klunder they are on Lyric and Elizabeth's case and being careful not to miss anything obvious. :please:

This goes for every profession IMHO,
Hairdressers, Lawyers, Doctors, Dentists.......... etc.
There's good and crap in all of them. Choose wisely

BBM-IIRC, he was 17 when he committed his sex crime. According to the Ia. Sex Offender Registry, he is 25 now. It lists a different address than the one in Evansdale, so he must of moved. 2 previous addresses were listed, including the one in Evansdale.

That's so interesting, because I just blew him off because he was 17.

SBM

To me, CF's age is one of the things that tilts toward him being the perp.

There are many exceptions but as a general rule the younger the victim, the younger the perp. The more elderly the victim the more likely it is that the perp is very young (when looking at victims who are 65 and older). The likely reasons have to do with such victims being weaker and more easily controlled by an inexperienced perp. It cuts the other way, too: the younger the perp, the less likely they are to be regarded as suspicious by potential victims.

I do want to stress again that there are many exceptions.

Originally Posted by rachaellouise View Post
Will the COD ever be released? What do you guys think?

This kind of wild speculation goes too far for me - see ya.

Good luck on Pluto!

Imo, all comments deserve a respectful reply.. Rachaellouise, imo, considering the pattern of investigators in E & L's investigation; antiquated silence/close to the vest strategy. It is doubtful that any pertinent information, such as COD would be released to the public..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Melladanielle