GUILTY TX - Alanna Gallagher, 6, Saginaw, 1 July 2013 - #12

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was thinking about the photo of THs friend with the gas mask device used for concentrating smoke. Could tyler have used the tubes and the Walmart bags in a similar manner to concentrate smoke and therefore drug Alanna?

They haven't released her tox screen yet.

I am praying he gave her drugs and plenty of them. I think he would find it amusing to have a little kid do drugs and see the reaction.

Hopefully, she was too out of it to have a clue of what was going on.

Some states are much more sympathetic to prisoners and their rights than others. I will be shocked and saddened and ashamed if Texas pays for any cosmetic reconstructive surgery for him. Like I say medically necessary things like functioning mouth and throat, etc. but not to beautify him. C'mon Texas, don't let us down on this one !

ETA The gonads on him to even ask ! He better not.

Random: Are we as tax payers going to have to pay for reconstructive surgery for this piece of trash? Shouldn't he just have to figure out how to live with no jaw or whatever is missing?

I am thinking that he still is a dependent of the mother. The Affordable Care Act allows dependents to remain on their parent's health insurance until age 24 is it?

So, if his mother has family coverage, her insurance will have to pay. She will have deductibles and co pays to cover. The Affordable Care Act also made it so there are no limits, so her insurance cannot deny coverage if it goes beyond a certain dollar amount .

But, I imagine she could drop family coverage, if she has it , when he turns 18 because then he would be a legal adult and no longer would she be responsible for his bills.

I'm not crazy. Others saw that :) TY so much. Now if the twitter followers show up and remember who / when, I'll be in business .

Catching up so this has probably been posted already but....

Fil Alvarado ‏@FilAlvaradoFox4 24 Jul

Tyler Holder's grandfather says he worried his grandson might be involved when he heard of Alanna Gallagher's murder.

https://twitter.com/FilAlvaradoFox4

I am praying he gave her drugs and plenty of them. I think he would find it amusing to have a little kid do drugs and see the reaction.

Hopefully, she was too out of it to have a clue of what was going on.

My first thought, after his arrest but before details of sexual assault, was that drugged her just to see what happened and she passed away from that. I know druggies often get animals high because it's funny. Of course I know now that didn't happened. But I still cling to hope that she was drugged and had no idea what was happening. Sad that's the only hope I can cling to in this horrific crime. :(

Still catching up, but caught this in the article:

"Fort Worth defense attorney Rose Anna Salinas has been appointed to represent Holder...."
http://www.dallasnews.com/news/crim...oubled-that-accused-killer-was-a-neighbor.ece

Uh, really? His mom already has her own attorney retained, but he is being "appointed" one? Which implies I will be paying for that?

Yes. You will be paying. There is no way that they can afford the million some dollars it will take to defend him.

If I were a Texas taxpayer, I would be praying he pleads guilty and you can avoid a trial. There is no threat of death, so it's hard to see what the state could offer to get him to plea.

But, he shot LE. Hopefully, the TH family will want to call it a day and not have everything brought out into the light of day as far as their lives.

Yes. You will be paying. There is no way that they can afford the million some dollars it will take to defend him.

If I were a Texas taxpayer, I would be praying he pleads guilty and you can avoid a trial. There is no threat of death, so it's hard to see what the state could offer to get him to plea.

But, he shot LE. Hopefully, the TH family will want to call it a day and not have everything brought out into the light of day as far as their lives.

As long as he answers all LE's questions and fingers any accomplices, I would be OK with this, especially since it would spare AG's family from the spectacle of a trial.

But that was a federal judge that ruled to allow the inmate to have a sex re-assignment surgery.

Yeah, a judge in Massachusetts. You won't find a Texas judge doing that. I would bet on it.

I'm betting that sealed envelope contains a confession.
Probably no details or who an accomplice might be, but he is at least one of the ones responsible for her death.

They have his DNA "on" her. He voluntarily gave DNA sample. Sounds to me like they also have other "evidence" to make this case pretty air tight. Add to that the attempted murder of at least one police officer...that's two counts of capital murder. I would imagine a jury box filled with Texans (we're famous for our sympathetic justice system, don't ya know) would be his worst nightmare. I'm no attorney, but my advice to him would be a quick plea in front of a judge. A Texas jury will not look kindly on a child rapist/murderer and cop shooter! He'll spend the rest of his life in jail either way.

I am thinking that he still is a dependent of the mother. The Affordable Care Act allows dependents to remain on their parent's health insurance until age 24 is it?

So, if his mother has family coverage, her insurance will have to pay. She will have deductibles and co pays to cover. The Affordable Care Act also made it so there are no limits, so her insurance cannot deny coverage if it goes beyond a certain dollar amount .

But, I imagine she could drop family coverage, if she has it , when he turns 18 because then he would be a legal adult and no longer would she be responsible for his bills.

The Affordable Care Act allows for coverage for dependent children until age 26. (www.healthcare.gov) However, HIPAA requires portability of coverage. She would be unable to drop him from her coverage mid-year (would have to wait until open enrollment) without a life event, such as he gained coverage elsewhere. (http://www.dol.gov/dol/topic/health-plans/portability.htm)

Children can be covered whether they are married, living elsewhere and if they have access to other coverage in most cases (unless the company providing coverage is very small, less than 50 people or is "self-paying" which allows certains rules to fall by the wayside).

As to the public defender, I guess we can't have it both ways. If he's recognized as an adult, his mom isn't responsible for his attorney fees. He has no verifiable income at this point so he qualifies for a public defender.

I can tell you that attorneys are horrendously expensive. Just getting to the first arraignment can cost $1500 or more (personal experience with my own kiddo) but making it to trial for an offense much less than TH's would have cost over $7000 more. In his case, I can't imagine how much it would cost in that second phase. Another reason people tend to take plea deals IMO.

They have his DNA "on" her. He voluntarily gave DNA sample. Sounds to me like they also have other "evidence" to make this case pretty air tight. Add to that the attempted murder of at least one police officer...that's two counts of capital murder. I would imagine a jury box filled with Texans (we're famous for our sympathetic justice system, don't ya know) would be his worst nightmare. I'm no attorney, but my advice to him would be a quick plea in front of a judge. A Texas jury will not look kindly on a child rapist/murderer and cop shooter! He'll spend the rest of his life in jail either way.

He can choose to go to trial. Jodi Arias did. But she was trying to get out of a death sentence.

Fortunately, Jared H who killed Somer Thompson did not go to trial, but they were able to offer him "no death." That cannot be offerred to TH as he does not get death anyway because of his age.

I don't see what he can get out of going to trial. He shot LE in front of tons of witnesses. I wonder what the penalty for that is?

These million dollar trials are ridiculous. I know we must have it for our legal system. It paid off for KC. I mean the ridiculous jury let her off. She gambled and won

Not sure how TH could get out of the charges for AG, but the LE is a done deal.

Suffocation being one of the causes of death is likely the reason why the ME has not confirmed COD yet, as I suspected. She likely had many injuries that could have lead to her death, IMO.

I'm worried about the kitchen chair. When she was found, the father used the term propped up, and thought she was a rubber doll, not real. Was she in rigor mortis and in a seated position inside of the tarp? Did he use the kitchen chair to penetrate himself and her? Sorry to post that.

He can choose to go to trial. Jodi Arias did. But she was trying to get out of a death sentence.

Fortunately, Jared H who killed Somer Thompson did not go to trial, but they were able to offer him "no death." That cannot be offerred to TH as he does not get death anyway because of his age.

I don't see what he can get out of going to trial. He shot LE in front of tons of witnesses. I wonder what the penalty for that is?

These million dollar trials are ridiculous. I know we must have it for our legal system. It paid off for KC.

Not sure how TH could get out of the charges for AG, but the LE is a done deal.

I agree! I thought usually people chose to go before a jury if they had some "mitigating" factor that would cause the general public to have a little sympathy or if there was something that could cast doubt. IMO, there's neither in this case. He can't get the death penalty, but I would think a judge would be more precise than an emotion driven jury. (And fwiw, I think a jury who had to look at crime scene photos and autopsy pics/findings would be very emotional and out for blood.)

Suffocation being one of the causes of death is likely the reason why the ME has not confirmed COD yet, as I suspected. She likely had many injuries that could have lead to her death, IMO.

I'm worried about the kitchen chair. When she was found, the father used the term propped up, and thought she was a rubber doll, not real. Was she in rigor mortis and in a seated position inside of the tarp? Did he use the kitchen chair to penetrate himself and her? Sorry to post that.

***GRAPHIC DISCUSSION, Sort of***

I have forgotten the time frame for rigor in children, but I think it is the same for adults.

That would mean he killed her, either on purpose or via an blow to shut her up and accidentally, straight away. Either in the chair, or in whichever room, and then sat her in the chair. I have a feeling that he played with her, as in, he was curious about it all. May not have recognized death immediately, what unexperienced person would, much less a stoner teen. Then realized later and still wanted to know what death was about.

BTW, the verified local(s) report the family had been looking for her for quite a few hours. Long before that 9 something p.m. As most parents would, checking out the neighborhood.

Well if he did have an accomplice and they find him and he's over 18 he might sing like a bird, he will be eligible for the death penalty.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ohbeehaave