GUILTY TX - Alanna Gallagher, 6, Saginaw, 1 July 2013 - #12

Status
Not open for further replies.
I respect that Alanna's family may want answers, but what answers from someone like this would anyone want to hear? I don't want to understand the mind that thinks it's okay to lure/abduct, rape, and murder a six-year-old girl. Frankly, I don't care why he did it.

I don't really care if he was abused or if he had a sad life, and I hate that past abuse may be used as a way to excuse or explain his behavior. I find that unacceptable. Millions of children are abused, but they don't go on to rape and murder defenseless babies.

I agree. No matter what happened in his life, he knows right from wrong. He knows it's not right to rape and kill a child. He chose to, anyway. He WANTED to. That's what I think the "why" is. Even if it's not, no "why" will ever make sense.

I think he will talk. He has a lot of self loathing, so I think he will want to get it off of his chest. He may be prevented to do so by his mother and attorneys.

I wonder if the mother is in the house? If she can't stand to live there, I can't imagine that anyone could stand to live there. It must be a horrifying nightmare for people to look at that house.

I can't imagine her staying there. Assuming, of course, that she bears no responsibility, I still can't imagine that the neighbors would be very friendly. If I were her, I'd move just for the sheer fact that I wouldn't want to be a source of daily pain for Alanna's parents. Of course, selling that place will also likely be a nightmare. It would be awesome if the neighborhood could buy her out and just tear it down, make it a playground or something beautiful for the neighborhood.

To my recollection not one person has come forward in the news and said one word about THs mother, nothing good, nothing bad. Other than she is a single mother, works long hours and left him unattended a lot of time. The neighbors have been quite vocal about TH , his mother almost seems invisible.
Her father and step mother gave an interview of how they knew her years ago. Other than that what do we really know about her?

I hope it's not too long, but I kinda like the idea his face is messed up a bit like 'Arseface' from the Preacher comics... *chuckles*

Oh greenpalm, I have just seen you have the link to my map in your sig, I feel special lol :D *blushes*

:heartbeat: :heartbeat: :heartbeat::heartbeat: :rockon: You ARE special skibaboo :cheers: :cupcake: :heartbeat: :heartbeat: :heartbeat::heartbeat:​

He wanted to die and they didn't kill him. Now he needs to reveal everything or go to trial. He better plead guilty. JMO

I am really hoping he is not so badly injured that he cannot communicate. I really, truly, feel that he had an accomplice in SOME way (not sure what I think about the depth of involvement yet) and he needs to tell the LE everything so that some doesn't slip through the cracks.......:twocents:

I will never just assume she knew without rock solid proof. I've known many terrific parents of teens that do bad things. I would bet my last dollar she NEVER saw something like this coming. Who could???

If every 17 year old pot smoker turned out to be a killer, I'd be very worried. Many teen boys get into their share of trouble during their teens and seem to struggle with becoming responsible adults... The majority find their way eventually.

I get where you are coming from and don't completely disagree, except for a few things:

1. so far, it appears he hadn't been in school since 2010. About age 14? Surely she knew this, and it appears not much had been done about for the last three years.

2. she was on FB, he was on FB.....she never saw his page?

3. this is assuming (yes, I know) that it was her gun used against Officer Lodatto (but that would explain the attorney which apparently isn't for him)....she had gun(s) that she did not keep secured

4. from what we've seen of the family history (granted, I'm as skeptical about estranged family interviews as I am one or two neighbors saying something negative that everyone runs with), I can only imagine what we don't know......unlike Gallaghers, I don't see anyone coming to the defense though, either......as someone else (sorry?) pointed out, there doesn't seem to be much info at all - a home environment where secrecy is the rule? Why?

So, I don't think we can assume that she didn't know she had a troubled child. Not rock solid proof, but more to favor that she was aware than that she was innocently without a clue.

And I agree: lots of teens struggle and eventually find their way. I'm willing to bet a lot of those who do also had family or someone else consistent and important to them who invested in them turning it around.

I'm still wondering how TH had his own car at 17 (or younger?). Drugs? Legit job?

I'm still wondering how TH had his own car at 17 (or younger?). Drugs? Legit job?

No kidding! My mom was a single mom. My first car? A 1984 Ford Tempo that I 100% (payments, insurance, gas, tags, maintenance/repairs, etc) paid for myself. That's how I know that the black spot on the driveway is oil, red is transmission fluid, green is antifreeze, the squeal is the belt, and how to figure out when it won't start whether it's the battery or the alternator. And how to jump it when it's the battery.

** FLASHBACKS!!! Total , but apparently a great learning experience **

If only someone would have bought me a new car for me to pick up my dope in. Sigh...........

I was wondering why he would pick "that" car..... the red Chrysler Pacifica.

When I first saw pics of the cars in their driveway, I assumed the red car was mom's and TH's car was the green kia. It seemed more sporty for a teen. In the back window there are two bumper stickers. One looks like a fish with a slogan and the other is a Browning archery symbol, both seem appropriate for younger people. But, the browning deer head logo is all pink. They are available in many colors and I don't think a boy would choose the pink version of that sticker to display on his car.

So back to the Pacifica. My husband's former boss had one just like it, same color and everything. And he was in his 70s. That car looks like a soccer mom's grocery getter to me.

I wonder if it was a hand-me-down from his mom when she got the Kia or inherited from another relative. (My grandma passed in 94 and left me a top of the line Chrysler 5th Avenue. I was 27 and definitely did not look cool driving around in gramma's car! lol Tho, of course, I appreciated her leaving it to me, since it allowed me to have free safe transportation.)

Is there a sub-culture of kids who think those Pacifica station wagons are cool? I just can't figure out why a teenage boy would choose that kind of car.

Doesn't he have a Dodge Magnum? a 1995?

Doesn't he have a Dodge Magnum? a 1995?

Hmmm.... That could be a Magnum. I'll have to look closer. They look so similar to me.

I can see why teens might like that if they "pimped it out". Here's a pic of one that's been modified (although TH's looked plain)

dodge_magnum.jpg

It's a Dodge Magnum, as listed in the search warrant.

I did, however, assume it was a hand-me-down from Mom.

If you have a useless teenager around the house who can't stay in school or hold a job, I suppose it would be even more irritating to have to drive him everywhere.

I was wondering why he would pick "that" car..... the red Chrysler Pacifica.

When I first saw pics of the cars in their driveway, I assumed the red car was mom's and TH's car was the green kia. It seemed more sporty for a teen. In the back window there are two bumper stickers. One looks like a fish with a slogan and the other is a Browning archery symbol, both seem appropriate for younger people. But, the browning deer head logo is all pink. They are available in many colors and I don't think a boy would choose the pink version of that sticker to display on his car.

So back to the Pacifica. My husband's former boss had one just like it, same color and everything. And he was in his 70s. That car looks like a soccer mom's grocery getter to me.

I wonder if it was a hand-me-down from his mom when she got the Kia or inherited from another relative. (My grandma passed in 94 and left me a top of the line Chrysler 5th Avenue. I was 27 and definitely did not look cool driving around in gramma's car! lol Tho, of course, I appreciated her leaving it to me, since it allowed me to have free safe transportation.)

Is there a sub-culture of kids who think those Pacifica station wagons are cool? I just can't figure out why a teenage boy would choose that kind of car.

Yes, definitely a weird choice for his own car but who knows????

Archery symbol?? Way back when Taylor was first on my radar, I found a few links for Tyler winning some archery competitions when he was 13. They were PDFs I think. I'm not home and I'm not sure if I kept the links but the info is out there. I found it interesting since Alanna had just come back from doing archery very recently before she was murdered and that just happened to be a young expert in it.

He is also listed in the air rifle competition. If this is him, do we know this for sure if it's the same Tyler Holder?

Same age. The archery sticker in his car is pretty coincidental. I'm very sure it's him but not 100% of course.

I get where you are coming from and don't completely disagree, except for a few things:

1. so far, it appears he hadn't been in school since 2010. About age 14? Surely she knew this, and it appears not much had been done about for the last three years.

2. she was on FB, he was on FB.....she never saw his page?

3. this is assuming (yes, I know) that it was her gun used against Officer Lodatto (but that would explain the attorney which apparently isn't for him)....she had gun(s) that she did not keep secured

4. from what we've seen of the family history (granted, I'm as skeptical about estranged family interviews as I am one or two neighbors saying something negative that everyone runs with), I can only imagine what we don't know......unlike Gallaghers, I don't see anyone coming to the defense though, either......as someone else (sorry?) pointed out, there doesn't seem to be much info at all - a home environment where secrecy is the rule? Why?

So, I don't think we can assume that she didn't know she had a troubled child. Not rock solid proof, but more to favor that she was aware than that she was innocently without a clue.

And I agree: lots of teens struggle and eventually find their way. I'm willing to bet a lot of those who do also had family or someone else consistent and important to them who invested in them turning it around.

BBM: His mother was TH's friend on FB, until sometime AFTER he was shown on TV (July 5th?) when LE took the brown evidence bag from his house, which we later found out was his DNA, and samples of hair from his 4 dogs (or NOTHING, if you go by his reply).

She disappeared from being his friend after that.

Just 'sayin.

JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members