'Real Housewives' stars indicted on 39 counts of fraud

From The Washington Post / Associated Press article linked to above:

"In their 2009 bankruptcy filing, the couple said they were $11 million in debt. They stated their monthly take-home pay was $16,583, but $10,000 was from “monthly assistance from family members” and Bravo income.

It also said they owed $2.2 million in mortgages, $13,000 to Neiman Marcus and Nordstrom and nearly $12,000 to a fertility clinic.

The most serious charges the couple face, bank fraud and loan application fraud, carry a maximum potential penalty of 30 years in prison and a $1 million fine.""

From The Washington Post / Associated Press article linked to above:

"In their 2009 bankruptcy filing, the couple said they were $11 million in debt. They stated their monthly take-home pay was $16,583, but $10,000 was from “monthly assistance from family members” and Bravo income.

It also said they owed $2.2 million in mortgages, $13,000 to Neiman Marcus and Nordstrom and nearly $12,000 to a fertility clinic.

The most serious charges the couple face, bank fraud and loan application fraud, carry a maximum potential penalty of 30 years in prison and a $1 million fine.""

How do you get to $11 million in debt?? I mean, after about $200,000, aren't you starting to have trouble paying the bills? Who is letting them continue to accrue more? And how are they still in their house when they owe that much money?

I guess I'm just confused. When my husband was laid off eight years ago from a well-paying job, our debt caught up with us quickly. I don't understand how people can just spend and spend and spend for years. Obviously it's catching up with them now but jeez.

How do you get to $11 million in debt?? I mean, after about $200,000, aren't you starting to have trouble paying the bills? Who is letting them continue to accrue more? And how are they still in their house when they owe that much money?

I guess I'm just confused. When my husband was laid off eight years ago from a well-paying job, our debt caught up with us quickly. I don't understand how people can just spend and spend and spend for years. Obviously it's catching up with them now but jeez.

Maybe part of their debt was in credit card usage, but that's a large sum of money. Maybe they used the equity in their homes to become more in debt??
IMOO.

Okay - what does it mean when they concealed their RH income in 09 and why is Teresa saying she owns so many properties?!

How many celebrities have evaded taxes and received a slip on the wrist? :furious:

Okay - what does it mean when they concealed their RH income in 09 and why is Teresa saying she owns so many properties?!

I don't exactly know, but maybe they didn't want that income to go towards the bankruptcy? IMOO.
And as far as the properties, again I don't know, but maybe then if the IRS went after Joe, and properties were in her name, maybe they thought they couldn't lose those properties? IMOO.
Or maybe she could use the equity in those properties?? IMOO

I don't exactly know, but maybe they didn't want that income to go towards the bankruptcy? IMOO.
And as far as the properties, again I don't know, but maybe then if the IRS went after Joe, and properties were in her name, maybe they thought they couldn't lose those properties? IMOO.
Or maybe she could use the equity in those properties?? IMOO

No wonder they were always looking so stressed and agitated. I honestly think they went into this show for MONEY!!! They clearly needed it, then became addicted to the fame, then their despair plummeted from there. Surprised the producers didn't do adequate background checks prior to the first season. JMO

No wonder they were always looking so stressed and agitated. I honestly think they went into this show for MONEY!!! They clearly needed it, then became addicted to the fame, then their despair plummeted from there. Surprised the producers didn't do adequate background checks prior to the first season. JMO

Maybe the producers just wanted a good story, and knew these people would make a good storyline, with their short fuses and all the drama that came with them.
IMOO.

How can he not be a us citizen?

Maybe that is why Teresa did not want to divorce him? Maybe staying married to her, kept him "legal" in the US, which kept
them as a "family" together, as they do have 4 children. Maybe he had a work visa previously? IMOO.
OR maybe it means he did not take his US Citizenship yet.......

Maybe the producers just wanted a good story, and knew these people would make a good storyline, with their short fuses and all the drama that came with them.
IMOO.

Oh, definitely. They choose the ones that are either the most vulnerable or that ones that will play up to camera. If you look at RHOBH for instance, there are far more richer sophisticated women living in Beverly Hills, most of them don't even live in BH! Brandy Granville lives in some 3 bedroom house lol, biggest marketing ploy! JMO

Joe is no stranger to the Courts altho I can't remember the outcome. There was something with a Business Partner and money. Then Joe trying to obtain a Drivers License with his Brothers ID. I never had much respect for Joe from the get go. Such a fowl mouth <modsnip> that was beyond disgusting. For Tre to stay with him I have no respect for her either. Feel for the Children who have such poor role models. I don't know the laws regarding bankruptcy but always amazed me they claimed it yet remained in that huge home?????

I hope the Bravo liking the posts isn't Andy Cohen of Bravo TV! Hehe :p

HA!!!!! No I am female but am flattered. I luv luv luv Andy. I was trying to think of a board name while channel surfing. Presto Bravo!!!! LOL

Joe is no stranger to the Courts altho I can't remember the outcome. There was something with a Business Partner and money. Then Joe trying to obtain a Drivers License with his Brothers ID. I never had much respect for Joe from the get go. Such a fowl mouth <modsnip>that was beyond disgusting. For Tre to stay with him I have no respect for her either. Feel for the Children who have such poor role models. I don't know the laws regarding bankruptcy but always amazed me they claimed it yet remained in that huge home?????

Ask donald trump!

Typically they borrow money under some sort of business LLC or corporation run up debt & use the $$$ to live very well ... And claim bankruptcy.
It's not personal bankruptcy. (The laws regarding that have tightened, but IMO not nearly tight enough.)

"They did not yet enter their pleas to the charges against them, as their arraignment hearing is set for Aug. 14.

Each was released on $500,000 unsecured appearance bonds."

Note: Link to New Jersey unsecured bond info:

http://www.njd.uscourts.gov/sites/njd/files/bondhandout.pdf

And...

"At the hearing, a federal prosecutor explained that Joe Giudice is not a citizen of the United States, but of Italy. If convicted, he would be subjected to immigration proceedings and would likely be deported, the prosecutor said."

"A criminal conviction of an immigrant — even one living legally in the country — carries the threat of deportation.

Under the law, legal permanent residents face possible deportation if convicted either of a crime that immigration authorities consider an aggravated felony, or crimes of moral turpitude —usually after they complete their prison or jail terms.

In Giudice’s case, the amount of the alleged tax fraud is likely enough to reach the threshold of an aggravated felony, experts say.

But a study by the Transactional Records Access Clearinghouse, a Syracuse University institute that tracks federal enforcement agencies, found deportation often depends on the number of years an immigrant lived here, which country they were from and their legal status. It also found cases defined as aggravated felonies usually involved violent or drug-related crimes."

Partly from:

http://www.nj.com/news/index.ssf/20..._teresa_and_joe_guidice_plead_not_guilty.html

Snippets:

"Joe Giudice, 43, who is from Italy and not a United States citizen, was released on a $500,000 bond secured by his father, Frank, and Teresa Giudice, 41, was released on a $500,000 unsecured bond."

"The couple also surrendered their passports and had all their travel restricted to New Jersey and New York."

"The Giudices arrived to court at around 8:30 a.m., locking arms, both wearing suits and joined by Joe Giudice’s mother, Filomena, and their lawyers. While outside, the couple seemed angry as they were approached by cameras.

Filomena Giudice directed obscenities towards reporters who asked about her son.

“You don’t have to stick the camera in my face,” Joe Giudice told the media.

"Henry Klingeman, Teresa Giudice’s attorney, said Monday he looked forward to “vindicating” his client and that she will plead “not guilty.”

Joe Giudice is being represented by Miles Feinstein of Clifton, N.J., who voiced concerns about content from the couple’s reality show being used in court."

http://www.wtma.com/common/more.php...ticle=E5338693F93311E286DEFEFDADE6840A&mode=2

HA!!!!! No I am female but am flattered. I luv luv luv Andy. I was trying to think of a board name while channel surfing. Presto Bravo!!!! LOL

Hahaha!!! I was thinking yay, whodathunkit, Andy's on WS! LOL! Cool name though ;)

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288
Back