GUILTY PA - Husband charged in cyanide poisoning death of Dr. Autumn Klein

People who work in the lab are trained individuals. They know what they are doing.

He might say, someone was trying to frame him. That he had enemies (which seems to be true!)

..or, they saw him drinking creatine in the lab and so, thought to mix it in so that he was to be the victim.

..or, they saw him drinking creatine in the lab and so, thought to mix it in so that he was to be the victim.

He can say whatever he wants. Why was he drinking lab supplies to begin with? What did he order cyanide for?

Even if they claim someone else had access, what motive can his staff members possibly have to kill his wife? Also, cyanide only was there for a very short time.

Yeah, but I just think they will bring it up as part of creating reasonable doubt. Not that I think it will work.

I don't know where I saw it, but did he actually order cyanide twice?

He had to go to two people to order the cyanide, but I think he ordered it only once.

I just have a funny feeling that this is going to end up with his lawyer working out some sort of a plea deal in order for him to avoid a trial.

I'll bet his two adult children who are in fairly public job positions would like there to be no trial! Because this has all the makings of a "front page" trial.

Yeah, but I just think they will bring it up as part of creating reasonable doubt. Not that I think it will work.

I don't know where I saw it, but did he actually order cyanide twice?

One time, one bottle. About 8 g of it was missing when it was measured by the investigators after Autumn died.

I just have a funny feeling that this is going to end up with his lawyer working out some sort of a plea deal in order for him to avoid a trial.

I'll bet his two adult children who are in fairly public job positions would like there to be no trial! Because this has all the makings of a "front page" trial.

I think he is going to trial. I bet he is gong to try and create reasonable doubt, via scenarios already suggested by us-accidental mixing, etc.

He had to go to two people to order the cyanide, but I think he ordered it only once.

IF indeed he did go to two people, I hope the judge allows that into the case, because it shows motive and intent. Persistence for certain. Determination for sure.

Was there a huge mortgage, and if they divorced what was the money angle?
Perhaps we can't get into that until there is a trial.

IF indeed he did go to two people, I hope the judge allows that into the case, because it shows motive and intent. Persistence for certain. Determination for sure.

Was there a huge mortgage, and if they divorced what was the money angle?
Perhaps we can't get into that until there is a trial.

They both had good incomes. My guess he was very upset at the idea that she was cheating on him. She married him when she was still a student, he was already established. Now her career is on the rise, and his is going down.
I bet he couldn't stand the idea she was doing better than him and was potentially cheating on him.

I still bet you could find something was going wrong for him in research or career. He wanted a reason to get out of town.

A good article about trying to save Autumn in the ER. She was barely breathing, like a guppy out of water... (so he calls a friend instead of giving CPR)

“That means her brain might have already been dead. You're seeing the last gasps from the lungs as the message from her brain telling her to breathe fades.”

Cyanide stops the body from getting oxygen...

A victim of cyanide poisoning may gasp because “your brain is starving for oxygen and can't use it. It's not truly suffocating, but it is somewhat like that,”

Read more: http://triblive.com/news/allegheny/4440869-74/cyanide-klein-body#ixzz2ajpsYWBD
Follow us: @triblive on Twitter | triblive on Facebook

Here is an interesting sentence from the above-linked article:
"A consulting doctor who reviewed Klein's case noted she had a bicarbonate of 6, records show."

Now, who, I wonder is a "consulting doctor who reviewed Klein's case" and would then turn around and reveal such intimate knowledge as the bicarbonate level to a reporter? Can we say "Cyril Wecht"?

Don't know about Cyril. But recently read earlier posts (Bourne, time, et al) and looked up creatine again. Label says take 10 g a day (as she was supposedly taking) but all body builder forums say, after initial heavy dose, maintain on 5 g a day. Risk to kidneys..never a good idea when thinking of pregnancy!! Overdose symptoms not clear..trips to bathroom, bleeding. Yuk! Why wasnt HE taking creatine? Takes two to get pregnant and he's no spring chicken. What a jerk.

Don't know about Cyril. But recently read earlier posts (Bourne, time, et al) and looked up creatine again. Label says take 10 g a day (as she was supposedly taking) but all body builder forums say, after initial heavy dose, maintain on 5 g a day. Risk to kidneys..never a good idea when thinking of pregnancy!! Overdose symptoms not clear..trips to bathroom, bleeding. Yuk! Why wasnt HE taking creatine? Takes two to get pregnant and he's no spring chicken. What a jerk.

In the clinical trials of creatine for Huntington's Disease, people have taken as much as 60 grams per day without any problems.

Im interested in the evidence that will come out in this case. It seems odd. All of a sudden he kills her and uses Cyanide? Any history of abuse, fighting, Money issues? Affairs?
Not just rumor but proof?

Im curious about how they know what he told her about the Creatine and where that would be coming from?
I have more questions than answers in this case yet.

Im interested in the evidence that will come out in this case. It seems odd. All of a sudden he kills her and uses Cyanide? Any history of abuse, fighting, Money issues? Affairs?
Not just rumor but proof?

Im curious about how they know what he told her about the Creatine and where that would be coming from?
I have more questions than answers in this case yet.

We have a lot of information right there on the thread. Police have his text messages to her telling her to take creatine. Creatine came from his lab, a witness from the lab saw him mixing it with water and drinking it.
Police also interviewed her "male friend" with whom she stayed overnight when going on conferences.
So it's not a rumor, that is information coming from a witness.

If you felt your marriage was not stable why would any man at the age of 64 want another child?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mooreknowledge
Back