France France - Marie-Josee, 53, & Allison Benitez, 19, 14 July 2013

tarabull

Life is a puzzle.
Reaction score
A man whose wife and daughter are missing has been found hanged after leaving a suicide note protesting his innocence.Francisco Benitez was found dead at his workplace in Perpignan, southern France, on Monday morning.His daughter Allison, 19, and wife Marie-Josee Benitez, 53, have not been seen since July 14, when the two of them left home after an argument with Mr Benitez - which he told police about.

Read more: http://news.sky.com/story/1124781/france-father-of-missing-family-found-hanged

902529-153068501542419-1362393318-o-1-522x293.jpg

French Foreign Legion officer found hanged after wife and beauty queen daughter disappear in suspicious circumstances. (Daily Mail)
The father of a beauty queen who disappeared without trace along with her mother was found hanged Monday in his French Foreign Legion barracks, judicial sources said.

Francisco Benitez, chief warrant officer in charge of recruitment in the Foreign Legion, was discovered in the barracks where he worked in the southwestern city of Perpignan.

His daughter Allison, 19, and his wife Marie-Josee Benitez, 53, disappeared on July 14 and have not been seen since, local assistant prosecutor Luc-Andre Lenormand said.

Benitez sent emails to his parents, bosses and friends to tell them he could not stand the suspicions weighing on him.
---
The two women's disappearance was initially treated as a simple missing persons case.
---
But on Friday, authorities opened a judicial probe into their disappearance, admitting it had become a source of concern.
---
the rest, with pictures, at the link

This I just strange. Why would the mom and daughter leave without telling the father?
Imo

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ghter-disappear-suspicious-circumstances.html
PUBLISHED: 15:03 EST, 5 August 2013

The father of a beauty queen who disappeared without trace along with her mother was found hanged Monday in his French Foreign Legion barracks, judicial sources said.

His daughter Allison, 19, and his wife Marie-Josee Benitez, 53, disappeared on July 14 and have not been seen since, local assistant prosecutor Luc-Andre Lenormand said.

It's being reported that he was questioned about the disappearance of a girlfriend in 2004 but had a good alibi at the time; that of course is being re-looked at.
Also read that the mother had already left the house for 10 days, with no contact with the family, a while back. Her brother thinks she is alive and that her husband had nothing to do with her disappearance.
I still think he knew a lot more than he said he did; he didn't commit suicide for no reason.

I still think he knew a lot more than he said he did; he didn't commit suicide for no reason.

While I do agree that the circumstances are suspicious, there are a lot of people who committed suicide for no apparent reason, or one that is a lot less than being suspected of murdering your wife and daughter.

"It's being reported that he was questioned about the disappearance of a girlfriend in 2004 but had a good alibi at the time; that of course is being re-looked at.
Also read that the mother had already left the house for 10 days, with no contact with the family, a while back. Her brother thinks she is alive and that her husband had nothing to do with her disappearance."

That could possibly explain the mother's disappearance, but sure doesn't for the daughter being she was so close to her cherished beauty pageant.
It would have been a close step to being crowned Miss France. No one
voluntarily gives up their dreams so easily!

IMO, any rational person would take THAT + leaving a beloved dog by itself + no car, no money. Adds up to: murder-suicide.

You're most welcome. Happy you enjoyed my 2 cents worth. Gotta
admit it took me a few minutes to figure out how to operate in this place as I haven't posted in about 5 years, or so.

I also gotta admit that I didn't have good feelings about this Benitez character from the 1st moment I read about him. He appeared too emotional, too unstable, too jealous & controlling. A pity his wife didn't stay away permanently after the 1st separation. A greater
pity that their daughter was caught up in all this. Hope the gendarmes get cadaver sniffing dogs. They'll need 'em.

I'm not sold on the husband/father's innocence. Whether he was directly involved or not, for him to hang himself after their disappearance due to the suspicion he was under leads me to believe that he knew more than he was letting on.

Did either mother or daughter have any 'enemies'? It will be harder to find answers now that the person who should be closest to the two is no longer with us.

Big difference now....after Marie-Josee left the 1st time, there was no suicide and she returned. I don't buy his excuse at all, despite his tears & protestations. Too bad the killer in this case cheated the hangman. I would've LOVED to see justice for this poor FAMILY :stormingmad:

Does anyone know what happened to their abandoned dog? As an animal lover, I hope it survived & went to good home.:please:

Cops accept missing beauty queen was killed

Investigators have closed down their “search for causes of the disappearance,” of Allison and Marie-Josée Benitez, and replaced it with a murder inquiry, it emerged this week.

[snip]

“The objective remains the same: find these two people, figure out as precisely as possible how they went missing, and who is responsible for their disappearance and possibly their death,” he added.

http://www.thelocal.fr/20130904/cops-open-murder-probe-over-missing-beauty-queen

It emerged that in the weeks before she and her mother vanished, 19-year-old Allison - who was due to take part in the Miss Roussillon contest - had begun a personal investigation into her father.
It has been claimed she believed he was leading a double life with a Spanish mistress.
French Police are to question the Spanish woman, whom he is known to have phoned two hours before his death.
Mounting suspicion against Benitez has also led to speculation that he may have been involved in the disappearance of another of his mistresses, a Brazilian woman who vanished in 2004

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...wife-beauty-queen-daughter.html#ixzz2fCk3Qww2
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DazzelleShafer
Back