Kyron's General Discussion Thread for 2012-13

Status
Not open for further replies.
If DeDe is coming up with information now that she wasn't willing to share in the beginning, it might be that she has since learned new things about her character in the past couple of years that she didn't see before. Hindsight is often 20/20.

I guess time will tell!

:seeya: That is an interesting theory ... and if so, DS is not liking what she is seeing.

I was thinking more along the lines that maybe DS is finally starting to realize that there is "no way out of this" and her only way out is a "deal" ?

In her deposition, DeDe pled the 5th over 100+ times which IMO is very "telling" ... you only plead the 5th for yourself, which is the way I understand it ... you don't plead the 5th on behalf of your BFF - especially when a child is "missing" and your BFF was the LAST person seen with this "missing" child.

Oh, I just wish Kyron would be found !

:please: for Kyron and Desiree and Kaine !

I've been reading some articles about why people plead the fifth, and this is a good, brief article about why people like Dede might plead the fifth:

http://nymag.com/daily/intelligencer/2013/05/pleading-the-fifth-lois-lerner-irs.html

If there is a GJ about this case, shouldn't there be a decision eventually about whether they are going to charge someone? It can't go on forever, right? Also, has it been the same 12 people who have been on the GJ for this case since it started? I am just confused about how exactly the GJ works.

I found this on a website i linked at the bottom of the page.(i think one paragraph is from another website)

Prosecutors typically subpoena witnesses to appear before a grand jury because either:
a prosecutor believes that a witness has information about a crime committed by a third party, and wants to elicit that information to secure an indictment against the third party, or
a prosecutor regards a witness as a target (a person suspected of crime) and wants to develop evidence against the witness.
People called before a grand jury as witnesses do not have to be warned that they are or may become targets. Miranda-type warnings are not required, and, unless they are specifically given immunity (that is, promised that they won't be charged based on their testimony), any testimony witnesses provide to a grand jury may be used against them in a later prosecution.

Note: (I found this really interesting)
Counsel for the grand jury witness, on the other hand, is not permitted in the grand jury room. No one can be in the room to protect the grand jury witness from being badgered, to clarify questions for her, to advise her on privilege, or to keep track of inconsistencies. All of this leads to the possibility of a mistake by the witness that is misinterpreted and stands uncorrected.

http:// www.nolo.com/legal-encyclopedia/testifying-before-a-grand-jury.html

So it sounds like DeDe is going to have to be forthcoming! But,as another poster said,"Only time will tell".

Just to reiterate - the info about Dede appearing before the grand jury comes from Desiree's civil attorney. He just said she went before the GJ "a week or two ago" and he doesn't know what she said.

So we don't know if she plead the fifth over and over like in her deposition given for Desiree's civil suit or if she actually provided the GJ any substantial information.

Obviously I hope she did start talking, but my take is that I'll assume that she plead the fifth again until we find out otherwise.

So I found a case that is very similar to what might have happened to Kyron. It might have been brought up on here back when Kyron first went missing. Anyway, a 10-year-old boy named Scotty Baker was killed by his stepmom, with the help of her friend, because she was jealous, and wanted to all of her husband's attention. He was also last seen at his school.

http://www.people.com/people/archive/article/0,,20104652,00.html

I just read this on KOMO 4 Seattle Website.

Missing Oregon boy's stepmom ordered to stay away from ex

PORTLAND, Ore. – Terri Horman, the stepmother of missing Oregon boy Kyron Horman, is not allowed within 150 feet of the home where her estranged husband, Kaine, lives with their daughter Kiara.

That's according to a civil no-contact order signed Thursday by Judge Henry Kantor.

It replaces a restraining order that had been in place since Kaine was told three years ago that law enforcement officials had evidence Terri had hired a hit man to kill him.

Kaine had just had the restraining order renewed a few weeks ago.

The order also prevents her from approaching Kiara’s daycare, Kaine's office at Intel in Hillsboro and the gym he works out at in Beaverton.

http://www.komonews.com/news/local/Order-bans-missing-Ore-boys-stepmom-from-going-near-ex-husband-218099691.html

imo, terri wasn't involved. LE blew this case from the beginning and focused all of their resources on Terri being involved without running appropriate parallel investigations. if they had actual evidence there's no way the restraining order would have been dropped and a no contact order issued instead. in fact, given the recent dropping of the civil suit i believe it's more likely that the possibility someone unknown to the family abducted kyron from the school and is solely responsible is more likely. jmo.

imo, terri wasn't involved. LE blew this case from the beginning and focused all of their resources on Terri being involved without running appropriate parallel investigations. if they had actual evidence there's no way the restraining order would have been dropped and a no contact order issued instead. in fact, given the recent dropping of the civil suit i believe it's more likely that the possibility someone unknown to the family abducted kyron from the school and is solely responsible is more likely. jmo.

I would like to read where it says LE did not look at anyone besides TH?

Isn't a no contact good enough?

If the criminal investigation would be impacted by the civil, wouldn't it make sense to drop the civil?

I don't think Desiree cares about money. She wants to know about her child

No matter who did it, it really does look like LE messed up the investigation. Over $1 million dollars spent, hundreds (or thousands) of people working on the case, and not even an indictment to show. Biggest investigation in Oregon history lead to absolutely nothing. :(

I would like to read where it says LE did not look at anyone besides TH?

Isn't a no contact good enough?

If the criminal investigation would be impacted by the civil, wouldn't it make sense to drop the civil?

I don't think Desiree cares about money. She wants to know about her child

where in my post did i state Desiree cares about money? why would the judge change it from a restraining order to a no contact order and now the divorce can go forward if it was still going to affect the criminal case? something is up that i believe may point the finger elsewhere, but that is IMO. I did not state that LE didn't look at anyone besides TH, but they focused mainly on her from the get-go with tunnel-vision and that is fine if you don't agree with me on that because we are all entitled to our own opinion. If you are requesting that I give you specific MSM articles, theres pages and pages of links to MSM articles that are all about TMH and not as many about a completely different scenario that is also possible. A very scary scenario where a child predator took him out of the school and is still out there, ready to harm another child.

when kyron first disappeared I was certain TMH was responsible. My opinions have only changed in the past few months.

in terms of the civil case impeding the criminal investigaion, why not just keep the status as a "stay" as it had been instead of dropping it all together? these recent court actions in the civil arena are leading me to believe that something fishy is up and are raising red flags for me.

regardless of what anyones opinions are on this case, we all want the same thing, and that is to bring kyron home and bring whoever was involved in his disappearance to justice.

No matter who did it, it really does look like LE messed up the investigation. Over $1 million dollars spent, hundreds (or thousands) of people working on the case, and not even an indictment to show. Biggest investigation in Oregon history lead to absolutely nothing. :(

i agree completely. its very sad and i feel terrible for kyron's parents that they have to endure this

... snip ... if they had actual evidence there's no way the restraining order would have been dropped and a no contact order issued instead. in fact, given the recent dropping of the civil suit i believe it's more likely that the possibility someone unknown to the family abducted kyron from the school and is solely responsible is more likely. jmo.

According to the Oregonian, KAINE dropped the restraining order:
http://www.oregonlive.com/portland/index.ssf/2013/08/judge_signs_civil_no-contact_o.html
"Judge Henry Kantor signed the civil no-contact order Thursday as Kaine Horman dismissed the Family Abuse Prevention Act restraining order he had just renewed for one year against his estranged wife."

The linked article doesn't specifically say why, but IIRC other reports indicated that TH intended to fight the latest restraining order and was going to force public record testimony from LE and KH. So KH dropped the restraining order for the same reason DY dropped the civil suit: LE cannot be compelled to reveal info/evidence that is part of an ongoing criminal investigation. Without LE's testimony/evidence, both legal actions -- the (now challenged) restraining order and the civil suit) -- were dead in the water.

IMO, there's nothing hinky here. The civil actions and the criminal investigation have been at "crossed swords" since the beginning.

According to the Oregonian, KAINE dropped the restraining order:
http://www.oregonlive.com/portland/index.ssf/2013/08/judge_signs_civil_no-contact_o.html
"Judge Henry Kantor signed the civil no-contact order Thursday as Kaine Horman dismissed the Family Abuse Prevention Act restraining order he had just renewed for one year against his estranged wife."

The linked article doesn't specifically say why, but IIRC other reports indicated that TH intended to fight the latest restraining order and was going to force public record testimony from LE and KH. So KH dropped the restraining order for the same reason DY dropped the civil suit: LE cannot be compelled to reveal info/evidence that is part of an ongoing criminal investigation. Without LE's testimony/evidence, both legal actions -- the (now challenged) restraining order and the civil suit) -- were dead in the water.

IMO, there's nothing hinky here. The civil actions and the criminal investigation have been at "crossed swords" since the beginning.

exactly, IMO the reason why he dropped it is important and the public reason given isn't completely accurate, imo but I can't go further without violating the TOS so I will just shut my trap on this one

Sorry, I forgot I could not post websites. An investigative reporter has found information that Terri was elsewhere when Kyron was seen leaving the school with a man who a teacher gave permission for Kyron to leave with. I'm sure you all can google to find it. It really should be the front page news in Oregon today.

Sorry, I forgot I could not post websites. An investigative reporter has found information that Terri was elsewhere when Kyron was seen leaving the school with a man who a teacher gave permission for Kyron to leave with. I'm sure you all can google to find it. It really should be the front page news in Oregon today.

Freja, I'm going to leave this post so everyone can be on the lookout for this information. I just Googled and didn't see anything. The blog that you referenced has been deemed an unreliable source so it's not allowed to be discussed as fact.

I really hope this information is released in the mainstream media right away so it can be discussed.

I hope there is some sort of a break, like, soon.

Freja, I'm going to leave this post so everyone can be on the lookout for this information. I just Googled and didn't see anything. The blog that you referenced has been deemed an unreliable source so it's not allowed to be discussed as fact.

I really hope this information is released in the mainstream media right away so it can be discussed.

Kimster, I was going over the old transcripts from June 2010 on here, and it is correct that Kyron was seen at a truck outside the school with a man. Many on here were wondering why eyewitness accounts of seeing Kyron with a man by a truck were discounted and a composite sketch not done of the man. I am just praying for the truth to come out.

Kimster, I was going over the old transcripts from June 2010 on here, and it is correct that Kyron was seen at a truck outside the school with a man. Many on here were wondering why eyewitness accounts of seeing Kyron with a man by a truck were discounted and a composite sketch not done of the man. I am just praying for the truth to come out.

I remember that too. I don't remember if the question of the man and the white truck was answered though. I remember when I was up there with Freefallzzzz and she pointed out where the white truck was reported to have been parked, too.

Also, wasn't TH also driving a white truck that day?

I remember that too. I don't remember if the question of the man and the white truck was answered though. I remember when I was up there with Freefallzzzz and she pointed out where the white truck was reported to have been parked, too.

Also, wasn't TH also driving a white truck that day?

I believe so. From there it appears an assumption was made that the man was with Terri, but if info gained shortly after Kyron's disappearance proves Terri was elsewhere at the time Kyron left the school with the man, LE has a very serious problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member