Mysterious priest miraculously appears, disappears at crash scene

Just saw this on national news, and came to post it. They said they reached out to every church in a 30 mile radius and have not found this priest. The girl released a statement that said "Pray out Loud". Angel posing as a priest?

Gotta love news like this.. so glad the girl got out alive. The real heroes here are the rescue workers, IMO.

I like the shots of the cornfields in that report, as if the priest simply walked out of one.. Cornfields always have that slightly supernatural feeling, don't they? "If we build it, they will come". Ha.

Not entirely skeptical here, though - I've never subscribed to any religion, for some very sensible reasons, but I -do- believe in 'angels'. They've been around longer than any church, even longer than the beginnings of those churches...

In any case, everyone concerned did a wonderful job, so that young woman can go on and live her life. Great news, indeed.

Heavily Catholic area, many churches thereabouts. Could this not have been a priest or a visiting priest from one of them, who encountered the roadblock, intuited an accident, walked to the scene with the Last Rites paraphernalia most priests carry, then informed the rescue workers, in so many words, of something they already knew, or should have known, viz., that machinery overworked is machinery overheated and that, therefore, to start them again would of course cause cutting - probably the most difficult of which was completed already - to be easier?

Then again we believe what we want to believe - see WWI's "Angel of Mons" tale, etc.

Heavily Catholic area, many churches thereabouts. Could this not have been a priest or a visiting priest from one of them, who encountered the roadblock, intuited an accident, walked to the scene with the Last Rites paraphernalia most priests carry, then informed the rescue workers, in so many words, of something they already knew, or should have known, viz., that machinery overworked is machinery overheated and that, therefore, to start them again would of course cause cutting - probably the most difficult of which was completed already - to be easier?

Then again we believe what we want to believe - see WWI's "Angel of Mons" tale, etc.

When I first read the story, my initial thoughts were very much like yours.

I have struggled with my faith greatly over the last year or so.

For some reason, I still believe in angels though. I don't think they will ever discover the identity of the mystery priest.

Whether this priest was an angel, or just a man who stumbled across this horrible accident by chance, what he did for this young woman and those trying to save her is truly amazing. He gave them all the hope they needed to be able to save her life.

Such a heartwarming story. I'm glad the girl survived.

I agree with you, especially, we believe what we want to believe!

My thoughts are that this Angel was meant for Us. This Angel could have healed her without anybody knowing, as he appeared out of nowhere and left as well, but the fact that he was Seen, to me, was to make a point of don't let your faith waiver, to have faith, and a miracle was seen in the fact of everything working out just as the Priest said it would.

I don't believe a word of it.

"Even odder, the black-garbed priest does not appear in any of the nearly 70 photos of the scene of the accident in which a 19-year-old girl almost died. No one knows the priest and he vanished without a word, said Raymond Reed, fire chief of New London, Mo."

"Reed and the other emergency workers were on their knees. The priest of about medium build, maybe 6-feet-tall, stood above them."

http://www.news-leader.com/article/...ouri-accident-scene?sf15861568=1&sf15861707=1

I tried calling...wanted to see the 70 photos and rescue workers on their knees praying. I don't believe that part either.

The phone number for New London Fire Dept is disconnected.

IMO it's the Bible Belt .,, sounds to me like a little CYA for flipping that car upright.

http://fox4kc.com/2013/08/08/artist-illustrates-sketch-hoping-to-identify-angel-priest/

"Sands explained in an e-mail to FOX 4 that he based the sketch on mostly on media reports. He also said he has a brother-in-law who is a priest and he just had a sense based on his experiences and the reports of what the unidentified priest may look like."

Hilarious!
A sketch based on nothing!!!! This is the "news" that's being spoon fed to Americans.

According to my local news, the priest has been identified as Patrick Dowling from Jefferson City diocese. Just saw on my news so no link.

Well, I guess I've lost faith in angels too.

Though the focus should be this young girl's recovery. Perhaps his presence did help her in some way which is a nice thought.

Why do so many of us have this need to believe in something 'more'? Maybe there isn't anything but us just trying to get by day to day.

Well, I guess I've lost faith in angels too.

Though the focus should be this young girl's recovery. Perhaps his presence did help her in some way which is a nice thought.

Why do so many of us have this need to believe in something 'more'? Maybe there isn't anything but us just trying to get by day to day.

(bbm)
Maybe because so many parts of this world (and the people in it) are depressing. Children being molested, kidnapped, killed; innocent people being hurt. Our level of what we will accept as a society has broadened to the point where what would have shocked us 50 years ago, we only shake our heads sadly at, today.

People want to believe in goodness, and miracles, and a Higher Power, be it God, or whatever you choose to believe in. Since believing in such things doesn't hurt anyone, what's the harm? It only seems to bother those who are devoid of any type of spiritual nature to them, which makes very little sense. If they don't believe, anyway, why should it bother them if others choose to?

MOO, JMO and all that jazz.

‘Angel priest’ comes forward, thanks Mo. rescuers for ‘allowing me to minister’
http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2013/aug/12/angel-priest-comes-forward-thanks-mo-rescuers/

I say give Father Patrick Dowling a Presidential Medal of Freedom. Also, give the Presidential Medal of Freedom to Temar Boggs and Chris Garcia. :great: :cheers:

Just so I understand .... A priest shows up, says a prayer, oils flying....leaves...
A better equipped and better trained extraction team shows up and gets her out of the car. In other words, did their job.

And that was turned into he was a mysterious angel that disappeared into thin air ... a miracle followed.

Hmmmm.

[/B]

(bbm)
Maybe because so many parts of this world (and the people in it) are depressing. Children being molested, kidnapped, killed; innocent people being hurt. Our level of what we will accept as a society has broadened to the point where what would have shocked us 50 years ago, we only shake our heads sadly at, today.

People want to believe in goodness, and miracles, and a Higher Power, be it God, or whatever you choose to believe in. Since believing in such things doesn't hurt anyone, what's the harm? It only seems to bother those who are devoid of any type of spiritual nature to them, which makes very little sense. If they don't believe, anyway, why should it bother them if others choose to?

MOO, JMO and all that jazz.

It bothers me when it becomes "news" and it bothers me more the level reporters have sunk to when reporting such nonsense.

It doesn't bother me at all what people choose to believe. I just wish people, all people, would use some logic and critical thinking skills, fact finding and information gathering before blindly believing what's reported in the media.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mhenderson
Back