Sunday Aug 11 2013. The Strangest Child Abduction from 26 Years Ago is re-opened

Tricia

Manager Websleuths.com
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
A WOMAN DISAPPEARS WITH A BABY, RETURNS 8 MINUTES LATER WITHOUT THE BABY AND SHE IS WALKING FREE TODAY.

The strange case of missing baby Melissa is to topic of our radio show. Click Here to Listen Live Sunday Night August 11th 8 PM Eastern to Tricia's True Crime Radio.

On March 7th 1988 Wanda Reed, a special needs woman, walked out of Becky McGuinn's home with her 7 month old daughter Melissa only to return 8 minutes later without the baby.

Baby Melissa was never seen again. Wanda Reed was deemed unfit to stand trial and is today a free woman.

Melissa would be 25 years old today

Melissa's mother Becky is desperate to get more media attention for her daughter's case. Becky is not
an Internet person and she really needs our help.

Websleuths member SweetSavi is Melissa's and her family's Angel. She hitting the social networks with this story but she can't do it alone.

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?p=9727335#post9727335"]Here is a link[/ame] to the Websleuths discussion on Melissa McGuinn

Here is a fantastic FB page SweetSavi has created

Becky McGuinn will be a guest on Tricia's True Crime Radio this Sunday August 11th 8 PM Eastern along with Cold Case Investigative Research Institute's Sheryl McCollum.

Click Here to Listen Live!

Even if you can't help find Melissa please post words of encouragement to her mother Becky on our Websleuths thread.

We can really make a difference. I hope you will join us as we help Becky McGuinn get the media support she needs to find her daughter.

Tricia I listend to your show twice now and im just curious if someone on websleuths or anywhere can make a google map of where this happend all i could think about was I need to see and get a refrence of the distance from the back of the house to the deleware river and although iam not google map savy I think someone on here prolly could do it and it being a ariel map of like i said back of the house to the deleware an ariel map of that would really put it into perspective better then saying it takes 10 minutes one way for me i think its alot easier to believe that becky just isn't aware that more minutes passed then what she thinks thus giving wanda enough time to get to the river and back rather then wanda putting together some elaborate plan and handing the baby off to someone at the dirt road behind the house its that or becky just is mistaken and 15 or 20 minutes went by not 5 that makes so much more sence to me then the idea that wanda put together this plan so sadlly to say i do think baby melissa went in the deleware and is no longer with us i hope iam wrong but thats my hunch. So to better the idea is it possible for someone to make a google ariel map of becky's house and the area from her house to the deleware can anyone do that.

I just noticed that the mothers version of this story that she gave on WS radio is completely different than what is on this blog:

http://melissamcguinn.blogspot.com/2013/01/first-post.html

Just pointing this out because I had went to the blog after I heard about it on the show and was checking out the posts. I assume that the blogger had it wrong?

They do say in the radio show that the one part in the blog is incorrect the part that the blog states people saw wanda running with the baby and then minutes after saw her and she had no baby that part is incorrect they get to it in the tricia's radio program they said its a mistake no one ever called in to police and said they saw wanda with or without the baby so if thats the thing u found that is different they allready aknoledged it at the end of the radio show..

Still likean to see a ariel map view of beckys house to the deleware river so u can judge the distance better.

I guess I will have to figure this map thing out myself..does anyone know the adress of where becky and wanda lived .I believe i heard becky say little rock arkansaw so town and street is all i need i guess.

found this article and a few discreprencies..

A retarded Trenton woman told police yesterday that she intentionally threw a housemate's 7-month-old daughter into the frigid, low-tide waters of the Delaware River during the weekend, according to police.

The woman, Wanda F. Reed, 30, has been placed in the custody of a mental- health agency in Ewing Township, according to Trenton police Sgt. Robert Orlowski. She has not been charged, he said.

Meanwhile, scuba divers, tracking dogs, a helicopter crew, and local and state authorities concentrated their efforts yesterday to find the baby, Melissa Diane McGuinn, in the river along Route 29 near Cass Street, behind the construction site of the Riverview Executive Park, Orlowski said.

Melissa was reported missing at 9:15 a.m. Sunday, and the search for her in the frigid waters began about noon Sunday, Orlowski said. Yesterday, the search was called off at dusk, and authorities will decide this morning whether the search will be resumed, Orlowski said.

Police said that Reed, who they say has the intelligence level of a 5-year- old, told them yesterday that she threw the blue-eyed baby into the river Sunday morning, leaving police to speculate as to her motive.

Reed will undergo testing to determine her mental state, Orlowski said. ''With the advice and consent of the Mercer County prosecutor, she is not being charged with anything at this time," he said.

Meanwhile, Reed's 2-month-old son has been turned over to the state Division of Youth and Family Services with the consent of Robert Ashley, her husband, Orlowski said.

Reed, Ashley and their son lived in the 600 block of Lamberton Street with Melissa and her parents - Becky McGuinn, 19, and her husband, Robert Earl McGuinn, 26. Melissa is the couple's only child, Orlowski said.

The two families moved into the house about six weeks ago, Orlowski said.

Robert McGuinn and Ashley are employed by an area construction company, Orlowski said, and both lived in Louisiana before renting the two-story brick rowhouse on Lamberton Street.

About 8:30 a.m. Sunday, Reed entered the McGuinns' bedroom and asked Becky McGuinn if she could play with Melissa, investigators said. The baby's mother allowed it, Orlowski said, telling Reed to stay downstairs in the living room, where another resident, Larry Via, was sleeping.

The account Reed gave to police yesterday was her fourth version of what happened to Melissa, Orlowski said.

Originally, Reed went to a neighbor's house Sunday morning and said that Melissa had been kidnapped. Later Sunday, she said the kidnapper had put the baby in the river.

But Reed recanted that story later, saying she had accidentally dropped the girl into the river, Orlowski said. Yesterday she said she had done it on purpose.

Investigators believe that the latest account is accurate, Orlowski said

See the time line here 8:30 to 9;15 which is what i said earlier that becky simply had more time pass by then what she thinks passed thus giving wanda enough time to make it too the river..also notice the neibhour wants did say something to her she said melissa was kidnapped thats why i forget her name was it ruth the neibhour anyway thats why she called 911 immedientlly in the radio show becky said that wanda didn't say anything to ruth the neibhour which was a little strange for us all to understand then why she called 911 so fast ..More time passed then what becky thought it all happen so fast that wanda gets the baby then 35 minutes later the baby is missing becky was so much in shock that simply more time had passed then what she could recall being so out of it because her child is missing ..
See

Ok i have google ariel maps the whole length of Lamberton street in the 600 block i don't know the exact address of the house but thats the street. I followed it all the way down just staying on Lamberton street and it ranges any where from a few hundred meters to litterally 15 feet so i can't say for sure but it don't look like it's hard to do I for sure think she had more then enough time to do what she has admitted to doing and thats not a small river by anymeans unfortunantly I think thats where she went...

Tricia I listend to your show twice now and im just curious if someone on websleuths or anywhere can make a google map of where this happend all i could think about was I need to see and get a refrence of the distance from the back of the house to the deleware river and although iam not google map savy I think someone on here prolly could do it and it being a ariel map of like i said back of the house to the deleware an ariel map of that would really put it into perspective better then saying it takes 10 minutes one way for me i think its alot easier to believe that becky just isn't aware that more minutes passed then what she thinks thus giving wanda enough time to get to the river and back rather then wanda putting together some elaborate plan and handing the baby off to someone at the dirt road behind the house its that or becky just is mistaken and 15 or 20 minutes went by not 5 that makes so much more sence to me then the idea that wanda put together this plan so sadlly to say i do think baby melissa went in the deleware and is no longer with us i hope iam wrong but thats my hunch. So to better the idea is it possible for someone to make a google ariel map of becky's house and the area from her house to the deleware can anyone do that.

That's a great idea. I'm talking with Sheryl McCollum and Anna tonight. I'll see what I can do.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AlternativeLuck
Back