Victim: Alexis Murphy, 17, missing from Shipman, VA, 03 August 2013 - #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Speculation

I wouldn't discount some truth being in what he says about the car wash. What I think could be the case here ,is he met AM though his weed man. On a different transaction. I would hate to be his weed man right now because it sounds like he is trying to nail him with an FBI investigation or a murder charge .

AM may be friends with the weed man or related to etc.. I believe RAT could have led off with "hey do you have so and so's(weedmans) number ?" When he remembered her.

Seems a pattern if what is know about SC case is correct.

He met her though other friends and found a way to stay in contact .It is really easy to stike up conversations with girls who are not reg smokers and think it is cool. They will go out off their way to sorta prove themselves streetwise and crafty when they are not.

Girls who smoke reg and less trusting of people not in their circle ,as they have met and dealt with shady people and learn .

My thoughts exactly.

Someone else mentioned and I agree that she didn't really smoke, but, for whatever reason wanted people to think she did. I agree, too, that this would mean she had something to prove, so to speak. I'm not much older than her and I've seen firsthand how badly kids, especially in the burbs, want to be "street" or "hard." This, to me anyway, is what makes his story kind of believable. Maybe it wasn't RT she wanted to impress, maybe it was the weed guy. If nothing else, I'm sure he appreciates referrals.

Obviously there's more to it, or we wouldn't be having this conversation, but I can see his story being true, even if its not the WHOLE truth. Maybe "hey, do you know where I can get some weed?" is his "hey, pullover, something's wrong with your car!"

And I hate that I feel like I need to add the disclaimer that I'm not blaming/bashing/demonizing/etc etc her, just saying that I can easily see something like this happening and leading her to the company of some shady people. It doesn't make her any less of a victim, or the person who took/harmed her any less of a .

:twocents:

Okay so let me get this straight.

A few weeks ago Alexis went to a car wash
*Someone look through her twitter to see if she DID go to a car wash because I'm sure she tweeted it and I'm sure she'd say something about how weird it was to see some guy standing around smoking weed!

At that time Alexis sees this scraggly guy smoking a joint just, you know, right there for the entire world to see. I mean, who CARES if LE is supposedly always pulling him over or that he's gotten in trouble for pot not too long ago or that he feels harassed. Whatever man, let's toke right here in the open with witnesses!

Then he sees her again at a pump (how long does it take to pump gas? 5 minutes?) and he's all "Yeah it's me! Hey man, do you know where I can get any today?" *because narcs don't act like that or anything and well, what's there to be paranoid about when some old dude that looks that way whom you've seen before just smoking weed.. is asking you to hook him up all out in the friggin OPEN*

And because she had seen him that 1 single time - all standing alone and smoking weed in public... she's like "Oh yeah totally. Just follow me to my friends house, whom I won't warn we are going to just pop over to - that deals drugs and doesn't know you - so you can get 60.00 worth (why the hell is it 60 bucks worth?) Because obviously you don't know anyone since you haven't been caught in the past by LE with pot. Or because you weren't just smoking it carefree like a few weeks back. I mean obviously you're new to this mister 48 year old ex-con".

And then they go PICK UP the dealer and drive with the weed to mister new guy (RAT) lil' tiny camper in the BFE to drink nasty cheap beer (icehouse.. really) and all the while not once use the phone. I mean, to hell with being responsible as she always was .. she was just so entralled by the most amazing intellectual conversation that why bother with social media or even letting her parents know she's ok. Oh and her hair just falls out in the process. NO BIG DEAL OR ANYTHING.

Then she gets in this random drug dealers car, but where is her car all this time? Where did she leave her car? He failed to mention that tidbit.

This was all written with sarcasm in case anyone doesn't notice. This guy is so reaching for this answers and thinks he's oh so slick that he doesn't realize - NO ONE BUYS DRUGS AND USES DRUGS LIKE THIS.

Do we know if he had a computer of his own? I would be shocked if this man ever used twitter.
How many people who have access to the internet go and shell out money f or *advertiser censored* on DVD. Does the camper he live in have a wi-fi antenna ?
And if he didn't have a computer did he have a cell phone? My sister doesnt have a computer but she uses her phone for SM purposes. Some phones are as good as having a PC.

*Someone look through her twitter to see if she DID go to a car wash because I'm sure she tweeted it and I'm sure she'd say something about how weird it was to see some guy standing around smoking weed!

At that time Alexis sees this scraggly guy smoking a joint just, you know, right there for the entire world to see. I mean, who CARES if LE is supposedly always pulling him over or that he's gotten in trouble for pot not too long ago or that he feels harassed. Whatever man, let's toke right here in the open with witnesses!

Then he sees her again at a pump (how long does it take to pump gas? 5 minutes?) and he's all "Yeah it's me! Hey man, do you know where I can get any today?" *because narcs don't act like that or anything and well, what's there to be paranoid about when some old dude that looks that way whom you've seen before just smoking weed.. is asking you to hook him up all out in the friggin OPEN*

And because she had seen him that 1 single time - all standing alone and smoking weed in public... she's like "Oh yeah totally. Just follow me to my friends house, whom I won't warn we are going to just pop over to - that deals drugs and doesn't know you - so you can get 60.00 worth (why the hell is it 60 bucks worth?) Because obviously you don't know anyone since you haven't been caught in the past by LE with pot. Or because you weren't just smoking it carefree like a few weeks back. I mean obviously you're new to this mister 48 year old ex-con".

And then they go PICK UP the dealer and drive with the weed to mister new guy (RAT) lil' tiny camper in the BFE to drink nasty cheap beer (icehouse.. really) and all the while not once use the phone. I mean, to hell with being responsible as she always was .. she was just so entralled by the most amazing intellectual conversation that why bother with social media or even letting her parents know she's ok. Oh and her hair just falls out in the process. NO BIG DEAL OR ANYTHING.

Then she gets in this random drug dealers car, but where is her car all this time? Where did she leave her car? He failed to mention that tidbit.

This was all written with sarcasm in case anyone doesn't notice. This guy is so reaching for this answers and thinks he's oh so slick that he doesn't realize - NO ONE BUYS DRUGS AND USES DRUGS LIKE THIS.
This made me laugh so hard! EVerything you just said may as well have been exactly what he said. That's how much sense it all makes.

Gosh, I wish I knew what the FBI knows in this case...how they are going to be able to concretely disprove this defense evidence wise. It's really not that bad of a defense to tell you the truth, jmo. Maybe she went out of her way so she could get a bud out of the whole deal. I know, people say its readily available, etc., etc., etc....not always. Sometimes when its dry, its dry. He is probably extremely manipulative...I know he is creepy....(I'm just playing dev advocate for a moment, I'm not saying I believe him, lol).

It's not exactly like its Colorado with dispensaries on every corner and growers everywhere, right? It's not legal, right?

Yeah, motive, means, opportunity, he probably was the last one to see her. He's full of crap, I'm sure.

Why'd she lose phone service so soon after this supposed deal started? I'm trying to picture her hanging around his tiny camper trailer not drinking or smoking, and not using her phone. They left before dark which someone said it got dark a little after 8 p.m.

He's lying, I think.

Why'd she lose phone service so soon after this supposed deal started?

RSBM: I remember one of the locals trying to explain the pings, and the horrible cell service there. Back in thread 3 I think.... I'll go look.

I think an 1/8 is 60 ...not sure cuz I don't buy it or smoke it but I know people who always owe 60 on a front ...so they cant afford this or that.

Well, he's claiming there's dna on the ICEHOUSE. We'll see how that pans out.

If she was in it for a bud or whatever - she's beautiful and charming, no one would think twice in giving her a lil' bit here or there. Dry spells happen for sure but if she knew a dealer where they could just pop over (which means that person - if there was one) would trust her enough and were probably friends on some sorta level - he would have smoked her out.

Im curious if he had a friend over in that time frame whom he drank with and just left their bottle because he was planting evidence. something he claimed LE did. If he had all of this and knew this sweet girl that helped him out was missing, he could have called in a tip anon. Or something.. I get being an ex-con with this previous thing going on in the past isn't exactly a welcoming feeling in reporting a crime but I know people who've spent 15 years in fed max that knew a buddy did something really messed up and they reported it. Sure they were investigated too but the last thing they wanted to be was caught up in a mess and sent back to the pen.

Something tells me we'll hear him say the guy took the beer with him when he left or RAT threw it away. If LE went through his trash & didn't find it, then he'll probably say LE is trying to set him up or some BS.

Isnt it funny how he is trying to suggest to them where to collect DNA

I bet he found it in the trash.

Off topic.

I work in a bar and I think I have only ever sold 6 icehouses in the 2 almost 3 years I have worked there. I always remember who I sold them to because it is rare that people select it.

If she was in it for a bud or whatever - she's beautiful and charming, no one would think twice in giving her a lil' bit here or there. Dry spells happen for sure but if she knew a dealer where they could just pop over (which means that person - if there was one) would trust her enough and were probably friends on some sorta level - he would have smoked her out.

Right. She sure went way out of her way for RAT didn't she, going through all this trouble to get him high when she didn't even smoke over there according to him.

If its true... Perhaps she set it up as more of a favor to the seller, by bringing him business.

I'm with everyone else in that I can't imagine her wanting to spend time with or do favors for RT, but maybe her interest was with the other guy. Based on the mystery man's description and what Alexis presented on SM, he sounds like he'd be her type. Just thinking out loud...

Something's telling me his story might be true... Up until her riding off into the sunset, never to be heard from again, at least.

Right. She sure went way out of her way for RAT didn't she, going through all this trouble to get him high when she didn't even smoke over there according to him.

Exactly! But none of it explains how a hair - her natural hair - which at the time seems have had sewn in weave - just fell out and was at his house. Obviously he has no idea how shedding works when you have a weave.

He really thinks he's going to skate off this case too. I bet he thinks LE is "intimidated" because of the past case and what he was able to get away with then.

If its true... Perhaps she set it up as more of a favor to the seller, by bringing him business.

I'm with everyone else in that I can't imagine her wanting to spend time with or do favors for RT, but maybe her interest was with the other guy. Based on the mystery man's description and what Alexis presented on SM, he sounds like he'd be her type. Just thinking out loud...

Something's telling me his story might be true... Up until her riding off into the sunset, never to be heard from again, at least.

The best lies are based on truth...

http://m.roanoke.com/mobile/2150555-29/defense-missing-teen-alexis-murphy-was-in-camper.html

"Hallahan said the man police want is the one who sold his client marijuana —black, in his early 20s, wearing cornrows and driving a 1990s sedan with 22-rims."

Geesh, could this guy have given a more stereotypical description of a black drug dealer?

It's like something straight out of the "Friday" movies - cornrows, rims, & all.

As small a community as it is, this guy should be incredibly easy to find. In fact, people would know immediately who RAT is referring to, don't ya think? If they can't produce this guy real quick-like, then this story is total BS (which I suspect it is, anyway).

Sent from my LG-LS970 using Tapatalk 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member